PDA

View Full Version : thread missing?

Unmatchable
01-28-2004, 03:44 PM
what happened to that thread about sanda and old keoushun rules?

Royal Dragon
01-28-2004, 07:57 PM
I got hungry..............it was good.

:D

Oso
01-28-2004, 08:54 PM
I think you may be talking about the one I started asking if anyone had any experience fighting under those rules.

I deleted it because apparently no one could respond on topic and it was turning into a ***** fest.

Unmatchable
01-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Nooo.

I asked Sifu Ross why gloves were needed if everyone (except boxers) agree that kicks are more powerful anyway, and most people don't need to punch thus causing hand damage (because kicking is more useful). Also conditioning will make it so your hand wont get damaged if bare knuckle. So what's the point of gloves? And wanted to know, but you deleted it.

Oso
01-28-2004, 10:09 PM
noooo, it was degrading into another testosterone match.

my thread. didn't get the answers I was hoping so I wasn't going to let it waste bandwidth.

you should do the same with this one.

If we all take responsibility for threads gone wrong then KL will be less *****y. ;)

besides, you can PM or email coach ross with what ever you need to **** on him about.

Unmatchable
01-28-2004, 11:50 PM
What was happening in the thread? What was the arguement about? Was it turining into a flame war?

Oso
01-29-2004, 06:11 AM
imo, it was.

combined with the fact that no one had an answer for me I felt that thread had lived it's useful life.

call it my protest against all the ****ing contests that go on here.

KC Elbows
01-29-2004, 07:18 AM
I think Oso is entirely wrong for deleting that thread, and am willing to devote at least four pages to it if everyone else does their part. We need to make a stand against this incursion into traditional forum fu before this place gets overrun by reasonable conversation. Let's make an example of Oso. We should've known better than to trust people with pallendrome handles. Why are they trying to look the same forward as backward?

MasterKiller
01-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Oso pulled a franken! :mad:

Chang Style Novice
01-29-2004, 07:47 AM
Golf claps for Oso! (even though I didn't see the thread in question)

Fun-silly is okay.
Posturing machismo-silly is okay when not taken seriously.
Posturing machismo-silly taken seriously is just a drag.
Reasoned informative ontopic conversation is superior (although much rarer than good fighting kungfu.)

Oso
01-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Lets see, as I understand it 'unmatchable' is known for trolling and instigating and lkfmd's first post on that thread was as negative as he usually is about most things that aren't what he does...so, I didn't see it going anywhere positive.

I asked a very specific question and after 10 or more replies I got nothing and the thread was derailing into a ****ing match between lkfmd and unmatchable. so I yanked it. my call since I started the thread. If admin didn't want us to have the ability to moderate our own threads then they wouldn't give us the option of doing so.

thanks for the support CSN.

**edit**

unmatchable and lkfmd still have the option of creating their own thread to **** on each other like they seem to be doing in other threads.

KC Elbows
01-29-2004, 09:22 AM
I'll never understand why people make threads about threads that aren't there anymore, instead of making their own threads about the same topic if they want to continue.

But back to my trolling.

Oso
01-29-2004, 09:30 AM
:D ;)

KC Elbows
01-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I note that you completely bypassed any comment on you pallendromism. Just the sort of thing you'd do. thread deleter.

scotty1
01-29-2004, 09:58 AM
You are Oso mature.

Sorry...:(

KC Elbows
01-29-2004, 10:23 AM
That was evil.

What was this thread about then? Oh wait, this is the thread on everything that's wrong with the wing chun verticle fist, right?

What is shou shu, real or made up melange?

Is that shaolin do stuff for real?

Have any of you taken part in those full contact san soo competitions we see so much of here and in China?

What's a ninja?

Did you know the japanese sword was superior to all other swords?

San shou is just kick boxing with throws, mma is just kickboxing with hugging, and kickboxing is tkd, right?

Competition maked everyone better, except maybe crappy competitors in crappy competitions, they will remain sucky, but at least contribute to an industry.

Eye gouges don't work, because real fighters don't have eyes. Take Columbo, for example. He's half the fighter that Hellen Keller was.

The correct and your favorite Gracie are in a oroboros of an auto erotic asphyxiation session.

Jackie Chan doesn't know kung fu. He's just faking it.

All those rumors of masters brutally fighting are simply rumors, unless the mma'ist that relates them is talking about his old master.

Weight lifting makes you slow, if you don't believe me, run with the barbell. Shop lifting is what makes you fast.

Face2Fist
01-29-2004, 10:27 AM
i think lei tai is closest to street fighting IMO . it was a good thread, but a few bad apples ruin the whole thread.

are you thinking of competing Oso? if you do shin conditioning, hand conditioning and practice palm strikes. good luck

Face

Royal Dragon
01-29-2004, 10:39 AM
My question, is where can we find Kuo Shu in Chucaaaaaaaaago?

Oso
01-29-2004, 12:18 PM
it's not my fault bear is a palindrome in spanish so I basically ignored that.:)

LOL at KC.

F2F, yes I am. They said they were using the USCKF rules.

I've only done some continuous sparring and sport jujitsu and was happy to see someone doing something else down here.
The mid south is a veritable CMA wasteland. They are just calling it a 'demonstration' and are just paring people up based on expereince. Not a real tourney so I'm not real sure wtf they are doing.

Hands and arms are in very good to excellent condition and the shins are so-so. Wind is good to very good. Bas Rutten is my hero. (palm strikes) ;)