PDA

View Full Version : Would you fight this cat full contact for $100000?

Chang Style Novice
01-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Before the guy shot it dead, I mean. According to the what I hear, the guy is 6'2" and was jumped by the critter at 4am while walking his property outside of town. That'll ruin a pair of pants for ya!

picture (http://216.143.153.193/cgi-bin/forum?233@38.X7A7ay2vRdY.146@.2f605a34/1582!enclosure=.5c83383a)

Liokault
01-29-2004, 11:00 AM
That has to be fake!

IronFist
01-29-2004, 01:53 PM
I guess he was carrying a gun when it attacked him?

dezhen2001
01-29-2004, 03:32 PM
in a word.

no :)
(im too much of a wuss)

dawood

Dim Wit Mak
01-29-2004, 04:41 PM
I know a little bit about cougars, and I've never seen one that big. It would take a heap of convincing to get me to believe that picture.

Ironwind
01-30-2004, 01:20 AM
I think that he won it at a carnival.
Fight that cat, no.
There is a difference between sucide and a fight.
Is suicide even legal here, even if it was i woudn't be caught near a cat that big, still breathing and hungry.

Toby
01-30-2004, 01:34 AM
I know nothing about cougars/mountain lions/pumas, but I also thought they don't get anywhere near that big. From the pic, it looks like it's as big as a lion or a small tiger. I would've liked to have seen a pic of that one that got the 2 mountain bikers in Orange County. We even heard about that on the TV here in Oz. That sounded like a big/strong cat.

Dim Wit Mak
01-30-2004, 07:04 AM
There weren't a whole lot of details released about the attack in Orange County. Kitty probably jumped the first biker from the rear, and had been snacking on the guy. Sensitivity to the family's feelings would preclude letting the news media get word to them about the gory details. Since it went after a second biker, and there was no sign of starvation, rabies or other disease, it was probably just an aggressive, brazen puma. Animals all have different personalilies, just like people. The thing refused to run off and was staring at the people around the crime scene from behind a bush. One of the law officer's flashlights caught its eyes staring at them and they opened up on it. That thing needed to die real bad.

Liokault
01-30-2004, 07:36 AM
LOL the worst we have to worry about in the UK are squirrels (USA imports) playing in my teachers roof space or the badgers that dig up a friends garden.

My girlfriend wants me to move back to Canada with her, so far my most sucssesfull technique to shut her up about this is to find storys of wild animals killing pets. A TV program about Brits moving to canada that mentioned a couger braking windows to get cats in this small town shut her up for about a month, but she is just starting to realise that there are no cougers,wolverine, fishers or bear in Montreal LOL.

Toby
01-31-2004, 07:30 AM
I've (well, my wife's) gotta friend who lives in OC. Her mum lives in Anaheim Hills too. We went hiking in hills that looked similar to those where that cat attacked. She mentioned her mum had lost plenty of domestic cats over the years to coyotes, and that people sometimes had trouble with cougars. Never would've predicted the mountain bike one, though.

FatherDog
02-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Liokault
LOL the worst we have to worry about in the UK are squirrels (USA imports) playing in my teachers roof space or the badgers that dig up a friends garden.

Oh really? (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,891936,00.html)

Liokault
02-01-2004, 09:57 AM
That's crazy talk Fatherdog.

I have heard all the stories about these cats for years, and even lived in an area where cat sightings were common for a while but, I have to ask where is the evidence?

Ok first thing about the uk is that its hard to find a piece of countryside that is more than 100 meters from a road. I drive anywhere I see road kill. fox, badger, crow, tons of pheasant, deer, wild boar (ok I have only seen pictures of road kill boar) even the very rare otter (otters are being reintroduced in many areas just to die on roads) but no cats.

Personally I really want to believe that they exist and there is no reason for them not to exist but there is no real evidence.

Also if you think that the UK government can cover ANYTHING up you are seriously mistaken.