PDA

View Full Version : Your Ranking System

DeathTouch
01-29-2004, 11:34 AM
What is the ranking system like in your kwoon, I would like to know just basically how many levels does your school have and how long does it took to become at least instructor level(not a sifu) but at least instructor level.

I''ll start off in my kwoon it takes at least 6 years to become an instructor and you must be over 18. And After Instructor it takes at least another 10 to 12 to be considered a sifu.

Fu-Pau
01-29-2004, 06:46 PM
everyone wears a green sash from the day they start. there are no gradings or tests. There are no other sash colours except for black sash that the instructors wear. on average it takes about 10 years to get a black sash, but only if sifu thinks that you are worthy of it.

DeathTouch
01-31-2004, 11:44 AM
interesting thanks for your reply

Ging Mo Fighter
02-01-2004, 01:45 AM
our ranking system is:

black sash - yellow - green - blue - purple - brown - red (and beyond)

we can become a trainee instructor at any level (even beginner!) but this takes 3 years to complete, and does not automatically increase your rank beyond what you started from.

our training is $96AUD a month, and trainee instructor is $200AUD per month (which includes free chinese medicine)

I'm kinda deciding whether to do trainee instruction, but it seems like a bit of a waste of money, if you arnt completely into it and want to make it a large part of your life, so im taking my time with that one! :confused: