PDA

View Full Version : What the Fug Happened . . . ?

Vash
01-29-2004, 01:09 PM
To the martialartsmart website? That thing looks cool, now.

And free stuff, buy golly, I found out there was free stuff!\

Anyway, just thought I'd bark into the eternal void that I'm definetly going to be picking up the Drunken Kung Fu tape come payday, and if I've got money left over after Valentine's Day (**** Halmark!) I'll be checking that Liu He Ba Fa vid as well.

Anyway, the mam.com looking good. Keep it real.

GeneChing
01-29-2004, 03:23 PM
We updated www.MartialArtsMart.com in a major way - the new format is going to give us a lot more freedom for content, promotions, sales, all sorts of stuff, so stay tuned, more to come!:cool:

Vash
01-31-2004, 10:18 PM
I wish the magazine hit newstands same time as the subscribers got them. Heck, I might be subscribing witht his coming check, so who cares?

Also, what the fug is O-Mei Kung Fu?

norther practitioner
02-02-2004, 08:54 AM
kung fu from o-mei

PHILBERT
02-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Yeah, MAM is looking nice. I like the new set up more, the old was seemed a little claustrophobic with everything on the side like that.

And Vash, they constantly are putting up more free stuff with the orders. When I ordered my stuff a few months ago, I got a free Tiger Claw Bag (http://store.martialartsmart.net/extigclawpac11.html). I already owned a Yin/Yang bag that was twice the size of the one I got, and so I use this one now for school. People look at me sometimes strangely when they see me in the hall lugging this huge back pack full of like 10 books between classes. I got rid of my old back pack when I couldn't fit everything in it cause all my classes are on MWF now.

GeneChing
02-02-2004, 11:01 AM
v - Some subscribers get their mags earlier, some later. We made a big effort to improve this last year by changing our bulk mail status, and that helped, but it's still the post office, so subject to post office delays. Our distributors are privately shipped, and private shipping lines are often more efficient than government. We're still working to imporve this, so bear with us.

hp - nicely answered. Here's a link for O-Mei (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=124). There are several O-Mei lineage people in the west and I find them interesting since there's not much profit in advertising yourself as O-Mei here yet. Not like saying "shaolin" or "wudang". There's no brand recognition, so you'd be fool to advertise it, if you're not part of it.

p - glad you liked your freebie and the site! Tell your friends ;)

Vash
02-02-2004, 07:14 PM
All right. i'm putting this here, because if I put it ANYWHERE else, I'll lose it. If I record it on my computer, my computer will crash. If I write it in a notebook, I'll fail whatever class that notebook goes to. If I tattoo it on my skin a la Memento, that area will be flayed.

Videos
Shaolin Drunken Fist Form - PR-GS003

$38.00

Subtotal: $38.00
Shipping: $ 7.50
----------------------
Total: $45.50

GeneChing
02-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Stock is dwindling on this issue. The others probably won't sell out for a while, but I've been anticipating 200001 to sell out soon. We did overstock on that one, but that was 4 years ago...

Vash
02-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind when I order.

Vash
02-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey Gene, I really like the previews you have on the MAM site for some of the videos. Definetly helps when deciding what a body wants.

Do you think any more preview clips'll be added to the rest of the vids? There's a couple I'm thinking about, but I don't wanna get something I'm not gonna use.

GeneChing
02-23-2004, 11:15 AM
We will probably upload more, but not for a while. Ultimately we want to load clips of all the TC Media produced videos, but we prefer to do our conversions in a batch and right now, there aren't enough to warrant doing more yet. Soon...

David Jamieson
03-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Yeah! It's a lot easier to get around the site now. Better layout and functionality in my opinion.

Way to go. Now if ya could only get things into Canada cheaper :(

cheers

GeneChing
03-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately we've been having a lot of problems with Canada and UK. Shipping has been really difficult because of the tighter security restrictions at customs. I wish their was something we could do, but we can't fight customs. Even things like staffs are being refused at the border because they are weapons.

norther practitioner
03-15-2004, 12:25 PM
they're sticks :D

That kwan dao, oh, thats for this thing there doing, trying to uhhh ya know uhh make the biggest pancake... there using that to ahhh put the um butter on top.:D