PDA

View Full Version : Who practices TCM?

Chris McKinley
02-01-2001, 11:30 PM
Who in KFOnline actually practices TCM? I do, and others seem to be able to offer valid information as well, so I'm curious.

Pilgrim
02-02-2001, 08:09 PM
I've been practicing since 1992, mostly in a public health clinic. There are two shifts, morning and late afternoon, where we treat anywhere from 50 to 70 people per shift. Most clients are homeless or very poor, hence they qualify for the Oregon Health Plan, which provides medical insurance for anyone who is poor or unemployed. We have a sliding scale for people who do work.

Kung Lek
02-03-2001, 05:42 PM
Hi-

My Si Fu practices and is certified in TCM acupunture, herbalism, Tui Na et al, and takes care of many of the students in our school as far as injuries (martial or otherwise) and even illness goes.
He has taught me about treatment of martial/training injuries to a degree and has given me lessons in manipulative therapy, herb preparation and Healing Chi Kung.
Comparative to what there is to be known, I know NOTHING. But if ya got sore muscles or a pernicious external influence, then I do know a couple of things.

I would think that anyone who has practiced chinese martial arts for a significant amount of time would have some training in in the healing aspects of the Kung Fu they are studying.

That is the path in traditional Sil Lum Kung Fu training.

peace

Kung Lek