PDA

View Full Version : Help me be like Randy Couture please

D_Messenger
01-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Here is Randy before: http://www.ufcfightnews.com/news/ufc36a/barnett_couture13.jpg
Here is Randy after: http://www.mmaweekly.com/images/fighters/Couture%20day%20before%20weigh%20in%20UFC%2043.jpg

See how much fat he lost?
That's what I want to do.
Does anyone knows what sort of specific training he did to achieve that?
I tried searching on some mma forums but didnt find threads with that information.
I know it was in short time but do not remember how much time exactly.

ElPietro
01-30-2004, 07:35 AM
I didn't click the pictures, but if you are interested in losing significant bodyfat levels, the secret is in your diet, not your training. You shouldn't change your training much at all whether you are trying to lose or gain weight. This is all a function of calories, and macronutrient breakdown.

Keep track of your calories for a few weeks to find out how much you are averaging, and see if you've lost weight, gained weight, or stayed the same. Then you can adjust your total daily caloric intake, by something like 500 per day to enable weight loss. 500 less calories per day would equate to one pound of lost body compostion per week. You still want to train hard and eat smart, so that the majority of that one pound is bodyfat, not muscle.

D_Messenger
01-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Yo dude the thing is I already did the diet thing.
Then I lost about 50lbs. I still maintain the diet but right now I am losing weight very very slowly. Too slowly for my taste. I want fast fat loss results now for this last 20lbs of fat that I want gone cos I wanna go to the beach and seduce the women.
So I dont think I can relly on diet for it no more, I might get weak if I less, know what I mean.

No_Know
02-01-2004, 06:57 AM
Do side bends, no shoulder forward, no shoulder back. left right left; circle forward twice, circle backwards twice. Right left right; circle forward twice, circle backwards twice. Repeat.

Rest on the ground on your side ankle knee hip shoulders elbow in one line (head on or near fist with elbob supporting. Move top leg forward and back, Repeat leg move. vary the leg angle from the ground. (lift it some but keep the swing...) Play with this for both sides.

I No_Know

This might help.

Toby
02-01-2004, 06:57 PM
HIIT:

http://www.trainforstrength.com/Endurance1.shtml

also the t-mag "Running man" article I posted to you in another thread. Be careful. Too many times a week and you'll lose muscle mass. 2-3 times a week should be good.

ElPietro
02-02-2004, 07:06 AM
I have absolutely no clue what No_Know just said, but I doubt he did either.

Anyway, whatever your diet was, if it was working great. But if you are going to continue to lose weight on whatever diet you are on you have to continually adjust calories. The total calories you took in previously to lose weight will eventually become maintenance levels as your weight drops. So as you get lighter, you have to lower your calories again to keep losing.

Also, it's pretty simple to understand that the more fat you lose, and closer to lean you get, the harder it will be to lose the last bits of fat. Your body is an adaptive system, and will cling to fat if you lose too much. So of course the more progress you experience, the harder it will be to continually drop bodyfat.

Actual training won't make much difference either way for leaning out, other than total overall calories expended. But then if you are looking to preserve muscle you will still have to insure a very healthy amount of fat and protein in your diet.

Good luck, but if there were an easy solution, then everyone would be walking around with six packs.

Ford Prefect
02-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Just to add to what EP said, you can't stay on a restricted calorie diet for too long because your body will eventually adjust and slow your metabolism and make losing more weight very hard. You have to go back to eating normally for a few weeks before hitting up the restrictive stuff again.

And to add to what No_Know said: up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, a, b, a, b, start

rubthebuddha
02-02-2004, 10:21 AM
And to add to what No_Know said: up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, a, b, a, b, start best follow-up post ever.

and *select-start* for two players.

D_Messenger
02-02-2004, 10:56 AM
thanx you guys

Ill try some that stuff when so as possible :cool:

rubthebuddha
02-02-2004, 12:40 PM
follow-up to the follow-up:

ford, it's B, then A, you communist pig-dog! :mad:

Ford Prefect
02-02-2004, 02:07 PM
haha! I thought that might be the case.

Viper555
02-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Ford,

Just out of curiosity, if you're eating the amount of calories(carbs, protein, and fat) that a person of your bodyweight needs to maintain that weight and it would be a diet for you(you were eating over what you needed before)considering you have to start eating different things then what you are used to, would it be necessary to come off of that diet for a few weeks or would you be ok?

edit:thats a long sentence! And you both fogot to mention that you have to hold L&R while doing this!!

IronFist
02-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Viper555
And you both fogot to mention that you have to hold L&R while doing this!!

There's no L or R on a NES controller.

rubthebuddha
02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
HAH! proof finally that viper is a spy from the communist nation of mississippi. arrest him, ironfist. the crime? impersonating an NES-loyal citizen like us hyrulians, alefgardians, cornerians and and norfairians.

IronFist
02-04-2004, 12:19 AM
Norfair über alles!

:D

Except for maybe Hyrule, Corneria, or Alefgard. :D

rubthebuddha
02-04-2004, 11:42 AM
i was gonna add in faxanadu, but there's just something craptacular about saying "i'm from the world tree." :rolleyes:

afterthought -- can't forget about Naju, either. 'tis a must-have.

No_Know
02-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Hopefully I No_Know anything. However, that was description of two exercises--one standing using bending; one on the ground stretched out on one's side.

They might help him.

Ford Prefect
02-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Viper,

Not sure I really understand your question. You really only need to change your diet when you're cutting because the restrictive nature of it will make your body eventually adjust and slow your metabolism. The body doesn't have the same problem with being overfed besides maybe an increased affinity to store fat. It's always just good to adjust in either case for sanity's sake. I hate eating because to just fuel my body. I like to enjoy my meals.