PDA

View Full Version : First Look San Shou Worlds DVD…

Suntzu
01-30-2004, 09:01 AM
standard menu… no music… no deleted scenes or directors commentary…
clear picture… some pixilation… not bad on my little 27 inch screen… but might be he|| to watch on larger screens…
crappy full screen… hopefully a special edition widescreen is in the works…
the surround sound could have used a little more ambiance… the rear channels weren't engaged as much as it could…
the complete set is a flipper… actually a 2 DVD set… couch potatoes WILL be annoyed having to GET UP and physically change discs… those with dvd changers will not be so annoyed………

on to content…
I haven't viewed the whole thing yet… just scanned a few fights… some of the stars are recognizable… some are "who the fu(k is that"… and some surprise talent like "WOW"…
from what I saw so far…
Pope first fight w/Sri Lanka(?)… gave me instant butterflies in my stomach… one guy from who knows where had the best shoulder throw I have ever seen … the one Korean guy had scary skill until he went down in the 3rd and couldn't seem to shake it off but still squeaked away with the W... Max loves his sidekick even when he gets swiped repeatedly... ... the ref calls STOP way too soon for my liking... i still LOL at Susie knocking the mouthpiece out of homegirl from the Philippines... LOL @ Pat pushing people...WOW @ Pat getting tossed like that... and LOL @ Pat with the hugs... that's so cool of Pat to bring his brother along... Jenna(i think that was her yelling in the back ground) has a potty mouth but we still love her... international comp is way tough and kinda scary...... can't wait to see it live and in person.......
good job with the disc…… my player has some issues every now and again with back ups… bootlegs and homemades… glad this one worked out for me….

SanShou Guru
01-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Glad you liked it. Let me know if you find any errors like missing menus, titles and such.

Pixilation happens when you compress 120 min onto a DVD with a compressor less than $1,000 and even then it can be tough.

The more I added to the menu page the more compression would be needed so I did not add sound. Figured it would not be necessary.

Suntzu
01-30-2004, 12:57 PM
so far so good.........

available at www.sanshou.com

SanShou Guru
02-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Have you had a chance to watch the rest yet?

The potty mouth belongs to Pope's sister not Jenna.

lkfmdc
02-12-2004, 12:12 PM
the Pope's sister uses foul lanaguage! Oh my :p

Suntzu
02-12-2004, 12:34 PM
:eek: my bad..... i watched all of the first dvd and some of the second...... did the koreans(who are badass btw... must be all the tkd) have blue tattoos or something?......... is cung gonna fight the big chinese dude?... if so anytime soon?.... now that shawn liu is out of the picture who is doing the selections for this year?.... good job....

SanShou Guru
02-12-2004, 12:42 PM
The Korean team was sponsored by an athletic/medicinal tape company. I guess the tape has tiger balm heat properties.

No news yet on if Cung is going to fight Hailong Liu but don’t hold your breath. Cung would want a sizable purse for that fight so he will wait until China wants it. I want to see Cung fight the Russian Salikhov Muslim. That would be a better fight.

The team will be selected by a selection committee that the USAWKF will put together with Tat Wong’s guidance I would imagine. But that would be next year. The ’03 team is still the team until team trials next year.

lkfmdc
02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Latest rumor is talk that Liu is on Vitamin S.....

Also, China wants to get lots of PR but probably doesn't want Cung anywhere near Liu in a ring match.

Korean team kicks azzz

USA WKF mess will no doubt stay just as confused and corrupt as ever :D

Suntzu
02-12-2004, 12:58 PM
that would be a good fight too………is THE US team fighting at in other events before the next selection?…… and does the team train together for a period of time or is each camp responsible for their own fighters training?………… that tape sound like a plan…

SanShou Guru
02-12-2004, 12:58 PM
I think Tat Wong really wants to keep San Shou separate as much as possible. I think (hope) next time runs better. Tat Wong is really good about getting feedback from the Coaches.

We'll see.

lkfmdc
02-12-2004, 01:01 PM
nver count out the undefeated bare knuckle Shaolin "iron leg" champion who was raised in the monastery from the age of 3, fought 15 years straight and has trained more champions than all the big 7 combined

insert sarcasm right about here....

SanShou Guru
02-12-2004, 01:04 PM
There should be another world cup this year and if they have women then Elaina and Susie automatically qualify as would Pat. Mike and Pope may be invited as well since they went last time and did well considering. At the first world cup Mike took a round from the Russian that beat China in Macau.

Thanks to Pope, Norman, and Al Loraiux the Russian team respects us.

lkfmdc please keep the rhetoric out of this one thread please.

Pork Chop
02-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Suntzu
:eek: my bad..... i watched all of the first dvd and some of the second......

So errrm did you finally run out of vaseline and stop looping Susie's fights over and over?
Or does she have a fight on the second disk too?

;) :p :D

SanShou Guru
02-12-2004, 01:08 PM
BMore Banga just so you know now Susie is one of my students so tread lightly. It's like you are talking about my little sister.

lkfmdc
02-12-2004, 01:11 PM
oh, a little humor never killed anyone, well there was that one guy, never mind, my fault for forgetting the :D :p and :eek:

when is next world cup?

lkfmdc
02-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Guru, they mack on my chicks too.....

Pork Chop
02-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry, private joke between me and him.
No disrespect intended towards any US Team member.
We like you boston folks, ain't tryin to burn any bridges.

Pork Chop
02-12-2004, 01:14 PM
lkfmdc
I swear she said she was old enough; and the kid can't be mine!

Suntzu
02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
guru sets up the brackets sometimes....... don't worry about it you'll be fighting Pizza Boy soon.........

Pork Chop
02-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Pretty much....
Just make sure he gives me one of those hugs after he puts me out...
I mean if I gotta go to sleep on the guy, I at least want a cuddle...

Sad thing is I thought we were the only ones who had a female team mate get macked on in Jersey...

SanShou Guru
02-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Don't sweat it BB just wanted to let you know. I know how Sun feels.

Susie can take care of herself anyway. I weaved when I should have bobbed last night and ate that straight. Didn't taste like chicken.

Besides BB can be paired up with Marvin in an exhibition match. Then he would wish he was having Pizza instead.

Pork Chop
02-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Yah that's gonna hurt too....

Knowin my luck, it'll be a double header...
Marvin first, and then wake me up to get KOed all over again by Pat...

Marvin seems like a nice guy, but I'll bet Pat cuddles better. :p

Dunno if I wanna stay fightin at 187 anyway.
Cutting to that weight requires some serious starvation.
If I move up the beatings are only gonna get worse, so I might as well get started in style. :D

SanShou Guru
02-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Better to be Godzilla in Tokyo then Godzilla on Monster Island I always say. Stay light if you can.

lkfmdc
02-12-2004, 02:11 PM
guys walking around in SS world between 187 and 198..

Marvin
Pat Barry
Yousef Taghizadeh
Brian Madigan
Rodney Libramonte
KSD world champion from Georgia

go light young man, go light :D

Pork Chop
02-12-2004, 02:19 PM
It's a matter of performance...

In the last month or two leading up to november, my bench dropped almost 50%, my dead dropped 200 pounds, my endurance was totally gone, and sweating for the weigh in had me feeling scarey ill.

I'll go as low as I can; I've just gotta figure out how to do it without feeling like I'm terminally ill.

lkfmdc
02-13-2004, 12:29 PM
everybody is a little different but a few suggestions

to drop weight, work more cardio in coordination with technique and power, ie more pad work and more bag work.

to drop weight, give yourself a period of 10 days to 2 weeks prior to weigh in to make the set weight, try to get within 6 pounds of that weight by the 2 week mark, then drop ALL carbs for the next 2 weeks until the weigh in, then suck it back up right after the weigh in

No one really wants to know what Rich Acosta really weighs :)