PDA

View Full Version : next time you watch ong bak...

wangsizhong
01-30-2004, 10:18 PM
i was watching the matrix tonight and was thinking about how directors hide stuff in the background. for example, the matrix reloaded has a bunch of stuff in the back--the word "steak" is on a buildboard and "steak" is a code word on the matrix website. also, the word "one" is stylized to look like the "coke" logo in the backround where neo talks to the oracle and starts the burly brawl. finally the number "101" is the number of the highway and is prominent on a door in I believe the merovingian scene (101 is neo's number according to the matrix revisited).

anyway, the point is that last year around this time i was lucky enough to see Ong Bak at a theater in thailand and noticed that in one of the alley chase scenes it says something like "let's do it together mr. spielberg". watch for it next time you see the movie. also, feel free to correct the quote if i didn't remember it quite right.

-wangsizhong

rubthebuddha
02-02-2004, 05:03 PM
for further matrix references, as sevenstar pointed out to me, several of the license plates in the reloaded car chase scene were biblical references. check out some matrix forums for more info.

MasterKiller
02-03-2004, 08:23 AM
http://matrix-explained.com/php/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=9a2e5bf2781a8d95117054e28e574788