PDA

View Full Version : neural stimulation

bung bo
02-01-2004, 08:09 AM
so i've got this bursitis in my left shoulder and had acupuncture on it 3 weeks ago. later that night i was talking to my dad and he told me the doctor gave him this thing called a transcutaneous neural stimulator when he broke his collarbone and it main purpose was to rehabilitate his muscles. he gave it to me and said it might help. what it is is small electrodes that stimulate your muscles. at first i thought it wouldn't do any good cause chi doesn't flow through tense muscles, but it seems to be helping a lot. i had a theory about it breaking up slow/stagnant bloodflow, but i'm not well-versed in TCM. could some of you offer explanations?

Repulsive Monkey
02-02-2004, 09:24 AM
You're quite right there. It acts like a TENS belt/pad, in that it stimulates qi and blood stagnation to move the stiffness and blockage out of the affected muscle/tissue area.
Well it's good to hear that it was of help to you and your Dad.
Acupuncture will do the same thing, but it can be an efficaious aid to when you need constant treatment and you can't get a acupuncturist to help you daily, or you can't afford one.

bung bo
02-02-2004, 12:16 PM
it's really good to have around to use whenever i need it. i also have some stick on mini-moxa that helps. thanks for the confirmation RP.