PDA

View Full Version : Iron Body...Gene?

PT-Kali
02-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Gene- I was reading one of your ezine articles and saw you mention Master Ku's 18 Step Iron Body program. Is that being taught today? Any type of video/book showing this?

GeneChing
02-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Pretty much all the high level BSL people still teach it. Check around. It's not really something that can be taught on video. Sifu Wing Lam adapted it to make his Iron Body video, so I'd say that his version is the closest there is to Ku's 18, but it is truncated.

Have you seen our Iron Body Master Kit (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tckprat102.html) yet?

IronFist
02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
I have the Wing Lam video. It's an overview. There's no prescribed training regimen on it. What I mean is, all the exercises are shown, but there's no "do x reps of this for y days" or anything.

It's like this:

For each body part, it's like, do this chikung, and then hit yourself with the bag like this, and then rub jow on it. Some things aren't clear, like the "iron head" part, he never says how to put jow on your head. I guess you rub it in your hair or something. I don't know. There's some cool demos at the beginning of the tape.

I think the program is divided into the following sections (if I remember right): Arms, legs, chest, stomach, back, head. I think.

So, it's cool for information, but unless you have someone who knows how to do it, you probably won't be able to follow the training because no instruction for sets or reps or anything is given.

SiuHung
02-10-2004, 09:44 PM
The subject of iron body is in a thread on the main forum...
I'm curious if Gene, or anyone else with close ties to "high level" instructors (and a level head on their shoulders) has seen iron body in action. What I mean is, iron body skill displayed in anything other than a controlled demonstration? :confused:

There seem to be several people out there in internet land that firmly believe in iron body, among other things, but don't really have anything beyond anecdotes to legitmitize it. I truly would like to believe that iron body is a live, applicable skill...But, have never seen any conclusive proof. Unfortunatlely what's out there IMO is side show tricks and Hudini-like displays of showmanship rather than martial skill.
Mike