PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Celebrations!

WinterPalm
02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Hey everybody, have a good New Years? The year of the Monkey is upon us and I hope everybody has had a great time at, or in, any of the events in your prospective China towns.
I figure we can use this thread to share some of the stories of how it went.
I'll go first.

On Friday we performed a lion dance for two restaurants, one with one lion, of which I was the head, then we did two lions for another restaurant. Sifu added oranges to the chang making for a very interesting and new element. It was great and the lacy envelopes were everywhere and almost got tangled in the eye and ear strings inside the lion, but thankfully no problem occured.
After the dace we rushed back to the kwoon, changed and came back for a twelve course meal.
Originally the meal wasn't supposed to be there but Sifu and Simo managed to arrange so we could eat, free of charge!
The food was amazing! There was lobster, crab, fish, chicken, giant mushrooms, all sorts of greens, shark fin soup, and a great bowl of red bean soup.
After the meal there was dancing and music, as well as karoke, and prizes for being the first on the dance floor.
Over all the evening was well spent and a great time with great people. I thank my Sifu and Simo for organizing and allowing me and the rest of the students to participate in such events. Props go to them.:)

P.S. We have another lion dance and dinner this weekend, that means we'll be doing it all over again! I can't wait.
Hope everybody else is having a great time!

Gold Horse Dragon
02-06-2004, 11:52 AM
:)