PDA

View Full Version : If strangers are your greatest fear ...

kj
02-05-2004, 08:10 AM
... think again.

Lovers top contract killing hit list (http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/australia.killings.offbeat.reut/index.html)

Enjoy,
- kj

joy chaudhuri
02-05-2004, 08:45 AM
A majority of the killings that I know about personally in the last 5 years-- the inintiator and the receiver were known to each other!

I am not referring to purse snatchings.

Ultimatewingchun
02-05-2004, 09:19 AM
I have heard many a policeman and detective say through through the years that the majority of murders are committed by people the victim knew...and usually it is the last person who claims to have seen the victim alive - who is the killer.

Chronos
02-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by kj
... think again.

Lovers top contract killing hit list (http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/australia.killings.offbeat.reut/index.html)

Enjoy,
- kj
And the moral of the story is don't get married in Australia. :p

Actually, the price range for a hit sounds very reasonable in terms of US dollars. :cool:

kungfu cowboy
02-06-2004, 09:33 PM
It is absolutely bizarre to me that people kill each other, or that for whatever reason, there could be a perception that murder is necessary. I mean, not really, considering evolving from nothing and how we are really animals anyway filled with bizarre neurochemicals and whatever the hell consciousness is anyway, but really! Makes me want to kill people!

John Weiland
02-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by kungfu cowboy
It is absolutely bizarre to me that people kill each other, or that for whatever reason, there could be a perception that murder is necessary. I mean, not really, considering evolving from nothing and how we are really animals anyway filled with bizarre neurochemicals and whatever the hell consciousness is anyway, but really! Makes me want to kill people!
That's exactly how I feel about it, and I'm not even Australian. :eek:

LOL, bizarre neurochemicals. :D Yeah, like nicotine and alcohol. I never killed anyone sober who I wouldn't have killed twice as dead while drunk. :p

Stevo
02-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by kj
... think again.

Enjoy,
- kj

Just in case anyone thinks that we're a nation full of people itching to murder their spouses, unless I've got the maths wrong, the numbers quoted from that study equate to less than one contract killing a year!!! (2% of 163 over a 4 yr period = 3.26 killings), and I think they're saying that's the total number of hits, not just on spouses!

:confused:

However, Kungfu Cowboy is correct :cool:

John Weiland
02-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Stevo

Just in case anyone thinks that we're a nation full of people itching to murder their spouses, unless I've got the maths wrong, the numbers quoted from that study equate to less than one contract killing a year!!! (2% of 163 over a 4 yr period = 3.26 killings), and I think they're saying that's the total number of hits, not just on spouses!

:confused:

However, Kungfu Cowboy is correct :cool:
Don't kill me, but your arithmetic is off. The concluding paragraph reads, "But the number of "hits" is slowly rising with an average now of seven attempted and five completed each year. "

Regards,

Stevo
02-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by John Weiland

Don't kill me, but your arithmetic is off. The concluding paragraph reads, "But the number of "hits" is slowly rising with an average now of seven attempted and five completed each year. "

Regards,

Our maths teacher was so bad we all threw in our pocket money and hired a mob hitman to eliminate him.

anerlich
02-09-2004, 04:14 PM
And the moral of the story is don't get married in Australia.

Much too late for this boy.

Phil Redmond
02-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Wow, I'm staying in Detroit where it's safe....lol.