PDA

View Full Version : Some Dit Da Jow stuff no longer available?

Gangsterfist
02-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone,

Last night in class I got a wrist injury and my sifu gave me some dit da jow to use to help it heal. I use it from time to time but not constantly. One of my class mates last night mentioned that horse coin (not sure if that is the exact spelling/wording for it) was no longer going to be available along with some other herbs in the U.S. Apparently the FDA feels they are not safe because of the ill effects if you use them internally.

Anyone have any info on this? I just heard this last night, not sure of how true it is.

JamesHFYofAZ
02-06-2004, 11:11 AM
I know a couple of poeple that are in the natural healing field, I will drum for info and get back to ya! The great thing about the natural herbs is that most of them do not need to be aproved. On back lable, comments not aproved by.... All natural products are and can always be manufactured from home. I'll get back to ya on the horse coin thing.

ntc
02-06-2004, 11:17 AM
If "Horse Coin" is the same as Ma Chin (directly translation into Cantonese), then you are correct. Ma Chin can no longer be purchased in the US... this has been for a while.... I think the concern the FDA has is with its potential toxicity and negative effects.

Gangsterfist
02-06-2004, 02:11 PM
ntc,

what else has been banned from the U.S.?

I heard they are going to ban some other herbal ingredients used in dit da jow that are not native to this country.