PDA

View Full Version : The art of strech vesus the art of send

Phenix
02-06-2004, 07:36 PM
The art of strech -hit vesus the art of send- shoot.

Generally

WaiJia---- the art of strech-hit---- TA in mandarin, Taa in cantonese
neijia--- the art of send-shoot ----- Fa in mandarin, Fat in cantonese.

Shao lin -- strech hit
SLT--- send shoot

Strech-hit ---- one point one distance focus target.
Send-shoot ---- the whole path the force travel can be target. thus if the contact touch before or side of the target, still feel the power.

out side door hand----- strech outside to hit
Inner door hand --- lock the path send to shoot out. hand doesnt go out the door (far reaching)

In the art of send-shoot it is about energy transfer.
Thus, even in the sending phases, zhong or balance in structure is a must.
Thus, static structure is not edequate in application because it has to stay at a certain mechenical structure. Dynamic structure balance is needed if one wants to send-short. again, balance doesnt means equal.

What do you think?

Rene,

LoL, check those haka snake fist if they strech-hit, then is it not WCK. Check the 12 zhuang. hehehe.
wck dont strech and biu out. that is too slow in emergencgy. Try it next time grapper rush in, I guarentee you got jam and then down before the biu fully extended. : P

the circle getting tighter and tighter... everytime we define things more clearly. WCK character become more and more clear. :D

See, Story had it YKS was traing his power with Cotton pile. that is indication of shoot.

Ofcause I am redefine WCK :D but redefine it in the old way. :p

Yayaya, i am dreaming Miu Soon again :D

Legend has it WCK. You touch me you bounce!

John Weiland
02-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
The art of strech -hit vesus the art of send- shoot.

WaiJia---- the art of strech-hit---- TA in mandarin, Taa in cantonese
neijia--- the art of send-shoot ----- Fa in mandarin, Fat in cantonese.

Shao lin -- strech hit
SLT--- send shoot

Strech-hit ---- one point one distance focus target.
Send-shoot ---- the whole path the force travel can be target. thus if the contact touch before or side of the target, still feel the power.

out side door hand----- strech outside to hit
Inner door hand --- lock the path send to shoot out. hand doesnt go out the door (far reaching)

In the art of send-shoot it is about energy transfer.
Thus, even in the sending phases, zhong or balance in structure is a must.
Thus, static structure is not edequate in application because it has to stay at a certain mechenical structure. Dynamic structure balance is needed if one wants to send-short. again, balance doesnt means equal.

What do you think?
Hi Phenix,

I think you're right. And that's not just the old way. It is the current correct way, always has been Wing Chun, always will be, even if Wing Chun is no more.

I liked your reference to the wooden dummy hands in another thread. Says the same thing, but makes it clear in another teaching/sensing modality.

It's hard to keep perspective when people are calling everything and anything Wing Chun.

Regards,

PaulH
02-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Hendrik,

What you mention is also included in Gary's advanced Poon sau training. From the Zhong, we send power through various appropriate power points which ranges from wrist to toes depending on the distance. Ernie knows more of this stuff than I do.

Regards,
PH

Phenix
02-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Hendrik,

What you mention is also included in Gary's advanced Poon sau training. From the Zhong, we send power through various appropriate power points which ranges from wrist to toes depending on the distance. Ernie knows more of this stuff than I do.

Regards,
PH

Paul,

Sure, WCK is WCK.

Just some thought

PaulH
02-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, it's the thought that counts! This morning Ernie was going over with me your ideas in our Poon Sau. And sure enough you help him quite a bit to see clarity in what he does. Now he bounces me around like a yo yo. It's really your fault this time. You make him more difficult for me to beat! Ha! Ha!

Regards,
PH

Phenix
02-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by PaulH
Well, it's the thought that counts! This morning Ernie was going over with me your ideas in our Poon Sau. And sure enough you help him quite a bit to see clarity in what he does. Now he bounces me around like a yo yo. It's really your fault this time. You make him more difficult for me to beat! Ha! Ha!

Regards,
PH

Paul,

Hahaha, so I am not talking crazy.
May be Ernie can share what he attains.

As for you, Why strecth out thinking to win? Just wait in Zhong for him to lose.

Ernie
02-08-2004, 09:16 AM
are you guys talking behind my back again :D

paul don't worry about beating me i'm a nobody , if anything i'm they guy you can trust to fight by your side when things go down .
i promise once you get a handle on the '' silent '' non telegraphic projection aspect of wing chun body , then what ever gap there may be between us will fade :D

hendrik
gary has a specific list of skills/ attributes / and stradigies that make up the essence of wing chun , the '' how '' to use the wing chun body and mind , mainly focused on combative application.
he created a progressive map were there are refernce points and ideas to isolate and develop these individual '' skills ''
after the one has a basic notion of the skill . it is trainined in a live enviroment and combined with the other skills to understand the ''why and when '' this map is a guide towards natural expression of wing chun mind and body blended with your individual personality.

gary passes these '' navagatinal tools '' on in simple english very striaght forward , so i often have fun connecting the dots between these simple explinations and your more colorful explinations
:D
it's a good thing it makes me think and not take what is being taught to me for granted

Ernie
02-08-2004, 09:26 AM
hendrik
[[Paul,

Hahaha, so I am not talking crazy.
May be Ernie can share what he attains.

As for you, Why strecth out thinking to win? Just wait in Zhong for him to lose.]]

that's easy anyone can sit and what , but they are only prepared for the '' simple truth '' i come with a shroud of lies

Jim Roselando
02-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Hey guys,

Great info.!

This info. should be posted on Phil's Dummy Height thread as it helps one understand why the dummy is centered to ones own body. Not to high, not too low! Right in the middle!

See ya,