PDA

View Full Version : fire ants at shaolin??

matt
02-08-2004, 10:04 PM
hey i was wanting to plan a trip to shaolin in a few years but im deadly allergic to fire ants is shaolin far enuf north not to have them ??

Shaolinlueb
02-09-2004, 08:05 AM
yes there are. where do you think they got the fire ant fist form and fire ant double broadsword form? the style is known for its pincher like replication of the ants. its a very rare form and not many monks know it. :o :D

GeneChing
02-09-2004, 04:50 PM
I've never seen any fire ants. I have seen centipedes, spiders as fat as your big toe and wicked mantids, and huge rats, but no fire ants. I do know that a lot of people have been bitten/stung there, but not by ants.

norther practitioner
02-09-2004, 05:07 PM
and huge rats

So that was that small dog thing those guys were playing fetch with in that movie...

matt
02-09-2004, 05:25 PM
thanks i didnt know but now i do i dont mind the centipedes but the ants realy bother me

GeneChing
02-10-2004, 10:28 AM
All the locals freak out when they see them. They squash them violently.

The rats, well, they're really big. And the locals say "even the rats know kung fu" because they are really agressive and scrappy.

dimmakseminar
02-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Dear Mr. GeneChing:
Originally posted by GeneChing
I have seen centipedes, spiders as fat as your big toe and wicked mantids, and huge rats, but no fire ants.

Don't they generally call those "Supper"? Or perhaps that is at one of the temples in one of the countries to the SouthEast.

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Shaolinlueb
02-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by dimmakseminar
Dear Mr. GeneChing:

Don't they generally call those "Supper"? Or perhaps that is at one of the temples in one of the countries to the SouthEast.

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

good supply of protien ;)

norther practitioner
02-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Not that I'd support a protien based diet but I do believe that is Atkins approved.;) :D

GeneChing
02-10-2004, 05:18 PM
...they do eat scorpions, tho. they're yummy. :D seriously!