PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Lipids?

blooming lotus
02-09-2004, 02:22 AM
I was just considering my move to China and neccessary dietary adjustments I'd have to make when a lipid balancing tea came to mind.....I guess it works as kind of a laxative to "balance" blood lipids(fats called sterols and sterolins)..without optimum levels of the immune system will not function....especially important for men.....and possibly arguabely related to adha and similar disorders....

Are other people aware of this?,.... I have been doing this for yrs and have not only noticed the difference in general function...but never to rarely get sick as a result. It just occurred to me that alot of people may not know. Where are all the naturapaths and tcm folks at....can you give us a safe western alternative? For real...your bodies'll love ya for it ;)

mickey
02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Hello blooming lotus,

Maybe what I do is a different approach to the same goal. I have never taken a lipid tea; but I have supplemented my diet with lecithin. I swear by it. It improves memory, enhances the delivery of nutrients to the cells, and improves the immune system via testosterone production(testosterone is high in lecithin). Also good for the liver.

What is in your tea?

mickey

blooming lotus
02-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I have no idea, but it's sold by the brand label "impressions"....I here dandelion tea is a good western alternative for men...though I'm female...so probably not a fabulous idea...then again...I once had a little crazy liver myself and dandelion tea was what I used then ;) ....what I'm doing at the moment is extremely harsh and you have to be onto every single thing that your body does...wouldn't really recommend it others...lecithin ha?...never considered it....

I'll check it out ;)
cheers :D

mickey
02-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi blooming lotus,

I suggest you get the lecithin granules. Mix it in with your favorite juice. It will make whatever solution you use taste "slippery." If you hold some of the solution in your mouth for a little bit, some of the lecithin will enter through the salivary ducts under your tongue and travel to your brain, working immediately: a small trick I taught myself when I used to take aspirin for headaches.

Milk thisle is excellent for helping regenerate the liver.

Best to you,

mickey