PDA

View Full Version : all your herbs are b*llsh!t. no proof

02-20-2001, 05:13 PM
people say dit da jow is good for strengthening bones.what b*llsh!t do you want to feed poor innocent people out there.I take it on as a good citizen that I cannot tolerate this immoral lies you all create.
show me evidence on your herbs then i'll accept it or else stop this b*llsh!t!

5star praying mantis

premier
02-20-2001, 05:33 PM
you say it's bull**** and you want evidence? one question: what evidence you have to support the claim that it doesn't work? are you saying that the thousands of people who use it and notice it speeds up the healing process are wrong?

you really shouldn't say things like that if its based on your personal opinion and have nothing to back it up. especially in a TCM forum.

YiLiQuan1
02-21-2001, 08:48 AM
How does 5000 years of ongoing trial and error, scientific research, practical application in rehab, trauma treatment and surgical procedures, etc., etc.

While I object to people like you being allowed the ability to procreate, you do a wonderful job of validating much of what is said in forums such as these by causing those of us who DO know what the hell we are talking about to speak openly in response to people who haven't the first inkling of what may have once been construed to have almost come close to being near what someone had rumored to have been a clue.

Go play with your nintendo or something, because you have nothing of worth to contribute here.

Matt Stone

Shaolin Temple
02-22-2001, 04:53 AM
for those of you who may now be annoyed with a certain individual here's a few links to catch up on. If I have mistaken this individual to be the
same, do accept my apologies but from all the other posts...it would seem to be the same person.

Look for goktimus/ego maximus/bestallstyle/calmguru/5 star praying
mantis/mercilessfighter...he is the person that's wreaking havoc in almost all the other discussion topics.

For those of you who are out there and are beginning to get annoyed with this person...there's only so much a monk such as I can
tolerate...Amitabha...check Muhammed's reply in

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=8891 902621&p=5 (http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=8891902621&p=5)

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=8891 902621&p=6 (http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=8891902621&p=6)

and Goose's reply in:

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=8891 902621&p=3 (http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=8891902621&p=3)

Boris' reply:

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=7211922131

humblefist
02-27-2001, 02:12 AM
Get out of here. 5PM

MoQ
03-13-2001, 09:10 PM
this mantid's a couple stars shy... :rolleyes:

Fish of Fury
03-15-2001, 04:35 AM
all your herbs are belong to us!

Kung Lek
03-15-2001, 08:18 PM
Hey, 5spm, I myself am living proof of the effectiveness of tcm.

7 years ago I was diagnosed with a serious internal disease. At this point in time after herbal treatment over a five year period (ongoing treatment) I suffer zero symptoms and the disease is almost nonexistant in myself.

I also suffered a serious back injury in my twenties (was unable to walk for 40 days solid and could not walk at a normal gate for a year after that) and was not properly healed until recieving a series of acupuncture, manipulative therapy and of course dit da jow treatments.

For Dit Da Jow, you are talking from a pure lack of knowledge and experience.
I feel you are trolling with your ignorant and stupid remarks and maybe you should keep your small opinion to yourself.

People like you make people like me angry, (and I'm not one to fall prey to such emotionalism!)
But your little shots are demonstrative of little skill, little knowledge and little character.

Go shoot off steam in the playground on the kiddy climber where you will learn something.

Kung Lek

Grays Anatomy
03-15-2001, 10:38 PM
You want proof - ok, I'll give you proof:

I have about 2100 references here. Did you have an herb in mind that you think is fake or were you referring to all of them?

Let's start here...here is one study which showed that the herb Huanglian actually had better cancer fighting effects than the active ingredients found in the herb. According to the Authors, "These results indicate that traditional Chinese herbs may represent a new source of agents designed for selective inhibition of cyclin dependent kinases in cancer therapy."

:D Reference 1:
Molecular Pharmacology
2000 Dec;58(6):1287-93

Huanglian, A chinese herbal extract, inhibits cell growth by suppressing the expression of cyclin B1 and inhibiting CDC2 kinase activity in human cancer cells.

Li XK, Motwani M, Tong W, Bornmann W, Schwartz GK

Gastrointestinal Oncology Research Laboratory for New Drug Development, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA.

Here's another
:D Reference 2:
Cancer Letters
2000 Mar 13;150(1):41-8
Antioxidant and anti-tumor promoting activities of the methanol extract of heat-processed ginseng.

Keum YS, Park KK, Lee JM, Chun KS, Park JH, Lee SK, Kwon H, Surh YJ
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, South Korea

Oh, and another
:D Reference 3:
American Journal of Pathology
2001 Mar;158(3):997-1004
PG490-88, a Derivative of Triptolide (derived from a traditional Chinese herb), Blocks Bleomycin-Induced Lung Fibrosis.

Krishna G, Liu K, Shigemitsu H, Gao M, Raffin TA, Rosen GD

Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California.

Hey - how 'bout one more...
:D Reference 4:
Journal of Gastroenterology
2001 Feb;36(2):79-90

Growth inhibition and apoptosis of gastric cancer cell lines by Anemarrhena asphodeloides Bunge.

Takeda Y, Togashi H, Matsuo T, Shinzawa H, Takeda Y, Takahashi T

Second Department of Internal Medicine, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Japan.

Do you need more? I can keep going if you want.

Do us all a favor - keep your uninformed opinions to yourself. If you have something to contribute - I can speak for everyone here and say - we welcome your opinion. If all you feel like doing is taking uneducated shots - do it elsewhere.

Grays Anatomy
03-18-2001, 05:29 PM
Has anyone else nitced that 5 star has neglected to respond? Wonder why that is?

Kung Lek
03-18-2001, 06:18 PM
Maybe he's been banned?

peace

Kung Lek

Grays Anatomy
03-18-2001, 08:56 PM
One can only hope.

woliveri
03-18-2001, 09:55 PM
I think 5* was long gone before Fish of Death posted his response

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

dunbarj01
03-19-2001, 12:36 AM
I think he's been booted off. I'll kinda miss his ranting...

I would like to say thanks to Gray's Anatomy though for posting something worthwhile on an otherwise useless thread. Thanks champ, I'll read them as soon as I get the chance.

Grays Anatomy
03-19-2001, 03:18 PM
Thanx - if you are interested - look to Medline.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/

There are literally thousands of articles in Referred Medical Journals on the various herbal remedies.

jhana
07-19-2001, 01:17 AM
5 Star,
you've really made a name in this forum. Why do you cause trouble in a forum that is otherwise filled with people who are interested in helping each other?
I can only imagine how you deal with people outside the comfort zone of your screen.

joedoe
07-23-2001, 11:56 AM
Don't waste your breath - he was kicked off the forum months ago. He was just a troll.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Turiyan
09-19-2001, 03:48 AM
Chinese herbs for my "kidney and spleen deficency" turned my **** yellow again for the first time in more than 8 months, in less than 24 hours!

Turiyan gold, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan
"A Brahmin, coming into existence, is born as the highest on earth, the
lord of all created beings, for the protection of the treasury of the
(natural) law. Whatever exists in the world is (by right), the
property of the Brahmin; on account of the excellence of his origin
(primogeniture and eminence of birth) The Brahmin is, indeed, entitled
to it all" --C1V99-V100 The laws of manu

azwingchun
09-19-2001, 06:24 AM
I love people who always want the other person to prove what they believe, yet are not willing or capable of showing proof or backing up what they are saying. :mad:

Royal Dragon
09-29-2001, 05:55 PM
Any one know a good treatment for GOUT?

I'm looking to get off Allopurinol.

Royal Dragon

"Chi is Chinese for Spinach"

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com

Aramus
09-30-2001, 05:13 PM
First, some people are out to make money. You'll notice that on the market there are companies that used to make just vitamins that now put out their own line of holistic herbs, etc. Yes, some people are only in it to make money. Their herbs, vitamins and minerals do next to nothing for you and may actually hurt you. That is bad.

However, you want proof if herbs work and such. I know that you are not allowed to take vitamin C (why am I talking vitamins...wait) before testing for certain colds because it screws up the test and you have a faster recovery time. Does this mean you should take loads of vitamin C? NO! Should you take this with a comprehensive vitamin made by people who have studied how vitamins and minerals interact to get the best result or should you take centrum daily vitamins? The choice is yours?

Do herbs work? Of course, they can be just as strong as any drug on the market! Want proof? READ! IT is everywhere, can't take St. John Wort with certain medications or with certain conditions why? READ! This has been tested, so have many herbs, READ! There have been many tests. Chinese medicine has been tested a different way the US method for centuries. Western medicine hasn't been competent that long...heck even a century hasn't been that great for Western medicine. The way of Chinese medicine (as I understand it) is different than Western Medicine. Does it work? It's still used, it still helps people, what more proof do you need?

Fish of Fury
10-01-2001, 04:58 AM
GOUT

useful herbs incl.
Urtica dioica (nettle), Medicago sativa (alfalfa), Harpagophytum procumbens (devils claw), Apium graveolens (celery seed)

but obviously check with healthcare proffesional first.
dark cherries also have a reputation for reducing uric acid (as do many of the herbs above)

a more alkaline diet will help , plenty of vege juices, alfalfa sprouts, drink plenty of water.

avoid purines, beer/alcohol, many seafoods.avoid excessive protein intake.
low purine diet may be low in B vitamins, so supplementing may be a good idea

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"