View Full Version : looking for...

wingchunner
02-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Hello. I'm looking for wing chun god who sent me the following email:

OR, by email: wed@aol.com

This is the message:

yes I am talking to you, where are all of your post????tell me why you
do what you do???

heck why not tell the forum why you do what you do???

I don't know what happened to the line of posts. I was gone all weekend and I guess they got deleted.

Due to time I need to keep this post short. Here goes in a nutshell:
I study the martial arts with the lineages that I have because they will take me to where I want to go: on a path to excellence in the martial arts. Over the first 10 years of my training, I had the understanding that all martial arts are the same, just different methods or paths. About 8 to 10 years ago, I became convinced that this was not the case. There's something special about what we do.

If you are asking why do I promote what I do, it's because I'm tired of seeing crappy martial arts. It makes me sick. Kung fu means great skill through hard work over a period of time. This is exciting because anyone who wants to work hard and put the time in can develop real skill despite age, gender, height, weight, race, etc.

I've seen SOME people perform or demonstrate various styles of martial arts... and I'm embarrassed for them. I hate to watch. I want to yell,"Hasn't anyone told you that you're really not that good and need to improve. You're not ready to demonstrate yet?" I've touch people's hands that have put years of "training" into their art yet not have skill, and I think, "how do they not know that they are not good after so many years? What did their teacher tell them?" It's not my goal to change the entire MA world, or even the even the WC world. But I would like to say,

"Hey, we have something that is POSSIBLY better than what you're doing now. Why not check us out? I give you an open invitation."

I want to promote what I feel will develop good kung fu and help people who want to develop real martial arts skill (kung fu). If someone just wants to "do" kung fu, and say that they "do" kung fu, we are not for you.

wing chun god:
whoever and whereever you are. I hope I have answered your questions. Also, you titled your email as "can you fight". Yes. Can you? I tried to reply to your email (twice), but it got sent back by "mailer-daemon" that it wouldn't go through.

Marty

Atleastimnotyou
02-09-2004, 10:11 AM
i too got a weird email from wing chun god. i was wondering if i was the only one. i guess im not.
a few weeks ago i got one from Oracle that was rather rude. i wonder if anyone else got an email from him too?

kungfu cowboy
02-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Well, at least this thread shouldn't incite a riot!:p

anerlich
02-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Some may be disappointed, but there are no wing chun gods.

WCis4me
02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Darn, well there goes plan A!
On to plan B..............so brain what are we going to do today.........<brain answers> same thing we do everyday Pinky...........take over the world muuuuuuuuahhahahahahahahahahahahaha.;) :D