PDA

View Full Version : Why do MA people act like

MonkeySlap Too
02-09-2004, 10:05 PM
whiney bee-yotches?

I'm about ready to go crawl into my cage.

If I have to listen to one more argument about 'complete' systems or the 'true' style. AAARRRGHH!!! This isn't even a case of fools versus skilled. It's skilled on skilled action!!!

Or if I have to listen to senior students carp about each other .... AUGH!

If this keeps up I'm switching to racquet ball!!!

rubthebuddha
02-09-2004, 10:16 PM
insecurity, and probably a healthy sprinkling of fear (as WD pointed out to me a few weeks ago).

sadly, they aren't just deluding themselves, as some claim. they're deluding anyone who studies under them.

CaptinPickAxe
02-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I have to say, I enjoy debate as much as the next man. But nine times out of ten it becomes a ****ing match because someone doesn't like what was said. I think if you can't handle the reprocussions of what you say then you should just keep it to yourself. Sadly, people don't realize this and interpret any opposistion as an attack. As opposed to an attempt for civilized debate.

MonkeySlap Too
02-09-2004, 10:58 PM
CPA - that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about grown men acting like chicks.

(I'm not as mysoginist as that sounds...)

CaptinPickAxe
02-09-2004, 11:03 PM
bickering like a bunch of pixies?

KC Elbows
02-09-2004, 11:07 PM
I've been lucky with my fellow senior students, we're really different and have different advantages/weaknesses, and we all know it. One guy is amazing at acclimating form to his fighting, one is strong as hell, I'm all about basics and have lived hard enough to not be phased by stuff, so we all take advantage of each other's strong points.

In the past, we had some people who couldn't get along. Annoying.

Being the senior most student and the old man of the class, I'm lucky. Everyone knows I've seen worse and don't want to hear it unless it's real problems. I do my kung fu, when I can I help teach or do other stuff, and that's about it.

Another thing that helps is not having all your students on forums together all day. Cause forumites are total beeyotches.:D

MonkeySlap Too
02-09-2004, 11:12 PM
I've never had a problem in schools where I was in place. This is a friiends school. F@ck, I can't stand listening to them.

KC Elbows
02-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Running classes for your friend, or just in a social position where you end up around them?

blooming lotus
02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
it can be harsh when your friends or elders break it down that way, but I guess it comes down to discipline and maturity.
It's times like that that like Gene says, find peace in practice. ;)

rubthebuddha
02-10-2004, 12:16 AM
aye, BL is right. but if your peace requires proving them wrong, train with them. by now, you probably know their holes, so spar and exploit those holes.

if they pull the old, "well, i'd just gouge your eyes" bull****," tell them fine. you put on some goggles, and put some red ink on the end of his finger. if he can put a red mark on your goggles before you throw him ass over teakettle, buy him a cookie. if not, i suggest you choose for yourself the sugar-butter ones with m&ms. they're tasty.

blooming lotus
02-10-2004, 12:37 AM
LOL :rolleyes:

how bout low fat low carb sugar free :D

rubthebuddha
02-10-2004, 12:38 AM
communist :mad:

;)

shaolin kungfu
02-10-2004, 12:40 AM
how bout low fat low carb sugar free

You mean ass cookies?

apoweyn
02-10-2004, 08:20 AM
If this keeps up I'm switching to racquet ball!!!

Way ahead of you!

MasterKiller
02-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
I've never had a problem in schools where I was in place. This is a friiends school. F@ck, I can't stand listening to them. Students only mirror their instruction. If they are taught to act that way, they will. Maybe you should have a talk with your friend.

David Jamieson
02-10-2004, 08:49 AM
ego and chest puffing, trying to find some semblance of control in their lives, more often than not manifested in a weak understanding of control via attempting to control others.

get out if you are experiencing the control issues in your practice.

so much of martial arts practice is ruined by the people who participate in it, but the practice itself is good, just ditch the idiots and work towards not being an idiot yourself anymore.

that's how i'm doing it :-)

cheers

red5angel
02-10-2004, 08:54 AM
it turns out they fight because they are not studying my style and so do not have everything they need to be a complete fighter. Only my style has everything you need, all other styles are incomplete.

apoweyn
02-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
ego and chest puffing, trying to find some semblance of control in their lives, more often than not manifested in a weak understanding of control via attempting to control others.

get out if you are experiencing the control issues in your practice.

so much of martial arts practice is ruined by the people who participate in it, but the practice itself is good, just ditch the idiots and work towards not being an idiot yourself anymore.

that's how i'm doing it :-)

cheers

To paraphrase both Kung Lek and the king from Braveheart, "the problem with the martial arts... is that they're full of martial artists."

Or something. :)

red5angel
02-10-2004, 09:07 AM

I think Ap said it best, and personally as much as the I hate all the arguing I'd still rather have the martial arts full of martial artists then limp wristed hippies who like to do the art but can't understand the martial.... atleast the martial guys aren't destroyin the arts.

Royal Dragon
02-10-2004, 10:41 AM
MS-2,
I think this all stems from the desire to be truly traditional, because that is when the arts all worked, BUT not knowing what traditional even is.

When you don't know what it takes to teach a physcal skill, you HAVE to rely on what your teacher tells you. So, if you end up in one of these "New Fangled" Traditional schools, your taught that endless forms are traditional, so you follow. BUT, that is false.

The guys who are taking thier forms apart, and looking at it like a (As Little Joe so elegantly put it once) "A Box'O Kung Fu", are seeing it as it was hundreds of years ago, when it was actually functional. Ironically, THOSE guys are considered to be "Modern" today.

Anyway, I think that these two diametrically opposed perspectives cause quite a bit of fighting, especialy within a school, where "Some" have become enlightened enough to see the truth, but others are still following the fantasy. Even more so if the enlightened ones are UNDER the ones, or are seniors who are equall to the ones still following the marketing fantasy.

MonkeySlap Too
02-10-2004, 10:49 AM
RD - That's a whole nother argument.

I'm talking about stupid BS'y girly sh!t. Guys badmoouthing each other but to the person they have the problem with.

You can say a lot of sh!t about me, but I'll tell you what I think to your face, you don't need to hear it from others. This does not imply that i'm a nutjob or have impulse control problems - I think I'm mostly polite except when screwing around. But MY GHOD these people won't stop talking smack and jockeying...drives me crazy.

Musicalkatachmp
02-10-2004, 10:49 AM
I think a lot of it comes from arrogance and hero worship...

kissing your sifus @$$ in and of itself doesn't hurt anybody, it just makes you look like a tool...but when you put a knife to my throat because I accidentally f ar ted while you were talking about your shifu I say : F*** You!

Shaolinlueb
02-10-2004, 10:55 AM
thats why everyone should jsut do shaolin do.........

:eek: :D ;)

Royal Dragon
02-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Ahhhh, I see.

Me, I'm too much of an insensitve loud mouth to ever be that way. If I don't like something, or some one, I generally make my feelings known...............often to my own detriment. I generally don't think about the consequences untill later.

On one hand, I often feel I should do something about that, but on the other hand, none ever has to worry about me saying one thing to thier face, and another behind thier backs, so people generally trust me.

Sounds like your freinds either need a course in respect, or maybe one in "Insensitivity" training so thier grips can be aired out in the open, and delt with.

Of course, I could be just talking out my ass agian, I'm well known for doing that as well...........:D

Water Dragon
02-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Kick 'em in the leg, slam them on the ground, choke them, then cut their nose off.

Then talk about 'completeness'

Royal Dragon
02-10-2004, 11:07 AM
WD,
THAT would be the course in respect I was refering to.

Perhaps martial arts attracts those types of insecure people.

Reply]
No, I think those types are just everywhere.

blooming lotus
02-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Look dude, you can't control another persons actions or attitudes, so if it bugs you, recongnize it for the external influence it is and don't adopt the trait...as for your friend.....you are here bit*hing about him without him having the chance to defend himself. Just make your observations and take peace. Every one has faults,if you like the guy,accept that and "allow" them to b*tch it out amongst themselves....or work your yourself up and be controlled by other people actions...

udunno...good luck with it ha ;)

Royal Dragon
02-10-2004, 08:12 PM
as for your friend.....you are here bit*hing about him without him having the chance to defend himself

Reply]
He he he he, at risk of ****ing MS-2 off, that line made me realise he's doing exactly what he, himself is bitsct'n about!! :eek:

MonkeySlap Too
02-10-2004, 10:37 PM
No. I told these people to go pound sand. I'm just irritated.

Gotta go, a challenge awaits.

blooming lotus
02-11-2004, 12:32 AM
LOL

if duty calls........;)

Royal Dragon
02-11-2004, 04:59 AM
He he he he he LOL!!!! :p

TAO YIN
02-11-2004, 06:42 AM
I realize that this thread is in relation to MAers, but this is also a persona thing. It is the average egotistical male thing. For instance, in America, the average male over the age of 16 is a hard cuunnt. This is of course a sharper reality in the MA community perhaps, because in this community, everyone is as hard as Kevlar.

Here is a basic working test to see if “you” qualify as an average egotistical male. Notice the different levels.

1. If “you” have never been mildly beaten senseless, and “you” still go around thinking you’re hot shiot, you’re an average egotistical male.
2. If “you” have never sustained serious physical injury from another, and “you” still go around thinking you’re the sharpest shiotbox in the shed, you’re an average egotistical male.
3. If “you” have never been killed, and “you” still go around thinking you’re the be all end all of the entire free world, you’re and average egotistical male.

Remedies for average egotistical male syndrome.

1. Males experiencing level one syndrome, must be beaten senseless and bloody. At very least, said male must have two blacked eyes, a broken nose, and less teeth than before the beating.
2. Males experiencing level two syndrome, must be beaten senseless and bloody. At very least, said male must have all the aforementioned, as well as various busted bones and organs, snapped joints, and long term paralysis injury of some sort.
3. Males experiencing level three syndrome, after much consultation, must be immediately killed………..

Royal Dragon
02-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Ummmm, I hate to be be an ass, but is'nt the guy in #3 already killed?

TAO YIN
02-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Precisely Royal Dragon, Precisely...That is the beauty of it all, in the end of it all anyways, everyone must die. This just speeds up the process.

However, lets assume that the guy in number three, has only gone through level 2 punishment, and he still continues to talk smack. Then, of course after much consultation because he obviously doesn't get it, he must die.

I'm truly sorry if I didn't make much sense, I have just begun my psychological study of this phenomena and my sources are still a bit slim.

There is also a "Shut Your Farking Mouth Clause" in the sources as well. It basically sums it all up. This clause states the following:

-If you've never bled a bucketfull, Shut your farking mouth.
-If you've bled but never had anything broken, and you still continue to be a hard cunnt, Shut your farking mouth.
-If you've had bones broken, and you still continue to be a hard cuunt, Shut your farking mouth.
-If you've been seriously injured or maimed, and even still, continue to be a hard cuunt, Shut your farking mouth.

Kool clause huh?

Lowlynobody
02-11-2004, 11:06 PM
LOL :eek: :p :D

shaolin kungfu
02-12-2004, 06:24 AM
I can't tell if tao yins serious or not.:confused: