PDA

View Full Version : chinese ointment/medicine

dodger87
02-10-2004, 07:54 AM
I heard that some people use chinese medicine or ointment and rub it on their joints after they finish training and it makes the joints stronger or something like that.

Sounds a little dodgy, but is it true? Just curious...

wall
02-10-2004, 08:08 AM
Frankly I never experienced / believed that any ointment makes joints or any other body part "stronger", however they do help healing injury, reduce inlammation or swelling, relax muscles, etc.

Which is really not that different from a number of ointments and such available at your western pharmacy. So nothing so "mystical" really :)

W

manofkent
02-11-2004, 01:58 AM
I dont know much about traditional chinese balms and stuff but ive got this balm of comfery, arnica and whichhazel. its great for any strains or bruses, i use it if theres a chance that ive pulled a muscle and it heals it over night.

As for making muscels and joints stronger, i dont know. but it means that u can train every day with out aches and pains, i supose it does make them stronger.

try www.auravitara.com

Its got loads of crap stuff, but serch "arnica" and look for a small tub od comfery, arnica and which hazel.