PDA

View Full Version : What Do People Think Of Chan Poi In Orlando?

ninja
02-11-2004, 02:22 PM
WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF CHAN POI IN ORLANDO?

MasterKiller
02-11-2004, 02:25 PM
The same thing people here do: His daughter is supa fine.

norther practitioner
02-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I've heard a lot about him. From what I hear he has some good stuff. I've never been to any of his schools though.

Brad
02-11-2004, 04:19 PM
He's pretty quick and agile, and he does an entertaining "old man with a cane" demo. His daughter's cute too. Heard both good and bad, but don't know anything about his actual school from first hand experience though. There's some things I don't like about the local Wah Lum school, but I don't know how much of that has to do with how things are done at HQ in Orlando.

DeathTouch
02-11-2004, 05:20 PM
I first heard of Sifu Chen Poi when i was young in a documentary i was impressed then and am still impressed now as an adult. From what i know Sifu Chen has been around since the early 60's in NY Chinatown. I visited his HQ in Orlando about a year ago and I was very impressed he is a respectable gentleman and a world class martial artist. I do not know of his other kwoons as i never visited them but as far as HQ and Sifu Chen they definitely deserve their respect.

Roc Doc
02-11-2004, 10:44 PM
i have known master chan since 1982
it is true ~he is a world class martial artist, a gentleman
and he also has a great sense of humor.
in my humble opinion he is a living kung fu treasure
sincerely,
~doc

MasterKiller
02-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Actually, if you are pretty serious about Wah Lum, there is lots of info on the Mantis forum with many contrasting experiences.

Roc Doc,
You forgot to say that Mimi is supa fine.;)

Shaolinlueb
02-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
The same thing people here do: His daughter is supa fine.

yeah, same thing i was thinking. :D

I have been told he is an excellent performer and has good agility and stuff, but i have been told he isnt that good of a martial artist. A person i train with knows/knew (not sure) his daughter. I don't really like the guy from what i hear about his character. Wah Lum yeah its good but, theres things i dont like with the way I see it taught in my area. (which they aren't even part of the wah lum family. :rolleyes:) So I have my issues with the system because of it.

Shaolinlueb
02-12-2004, 11:03 AM
MK how old is she and is she single? :o :D

MasterKiller
02-12-2004, 12:18 PM
MK how old is she and is she single? http://www.wahlum.com/mimi_chan/images/ls.jpg

I think she's single. Probably around 30 by now?

CLFNole
02-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Mimi is 26 and she is taken. Sorry guys.

Peace.

Shaolinlueb
02-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by CLFNole
Mimi is 26 and she is taken. Sorry guys.

Peace.

****. ruined it for us.

dimmakseminar
02-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Dear Mr. ninja!

Watch out for Chan Pui's daughter! I have heard that she is may now be a blonde-haired Asian girl. This might cause complications with your current domestic situation, as everyone knows that blonde-haired Asian girls are irresistable to all martial arts practitioners! Therefore, in the interests of the name-sake of one's unborn baby girl, I ask that you do not become beguiled with the talents of this young enchantress!

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Shaolinlueb
02-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by dimmakseminar
Dear Mr. ninja!

Watch out for Chan Pui's daughter! I have heard that she is may now be a blonde-haired Asian girl. This might cause complications with your current domestic situation, as everyone knows that blonde-haired Asian girls are irresistable to all martial arts practitioners! Therefore, in the interests of the name-sake of one's unborn baby girl, I ask that you do not become beguiled with the talents of this young enchantress!

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

ew blond hair asian girls.

i like my asian girls fresh off the boat. :D:o

Tainan Mantis
02-15-2004, 08:49 PM
MC Chan is great.
He has done much for the MA community.

Try and steer clear of the gossip, it is unbecoming of MArtists.

Shaolinlueb
02-15-2004, 09:38 PM
http://www.wahlum.com/mimi_chan/images/ls.jpg

I think she's single. Probably around 30 by now?

shes taken. :( there is always that emie master girl masterkiller :o :D

Shaolin Dude
09-14-2004, 01:06 AM
the yongest daughter looks mentally retarded, is it true?

Ben Gash
09-14-2004, 04:38 AM
You know, she's never really done it for me.
My Sifu has trained with Chan Poi, and has the utmost respect for him, which is good enough for me.

Shaolinlueb
09-14-2004, 08:47 AM
ive heard bad things about chan poi. i dont know how true they are. lets jsut say it involved bringing a martial artist form overseas, broken promises, stealing money from a tournament and the martial artist dying of heart failure on his way to see poi chan. dont know who much of it is true.

Judge Pen
09-14-2004, 10:40 AM
I've heard excellent things about Chan Poi as a martial artist, but mixed reviews about Wah Lum and the way it is managed. I've met some great martial artists that have connections with Wah Lum and left for one reason or another.

And Mimi is smoking hot. Take it from me, I'm a connoisseur of hot Asian women. :D

sean_stonehart
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Judge Pen

And Mimi is smoking hot. Take it from me, I'm a connoisseur of hot Asian women. :D

Believe him on this!!! This he knows & I'll back up... not that what I say means that much, but I saw the previous model & have seen a pic of the current model... :D

Judge Pen
09-14-2004, 02:22 PM
LOL.

Royal Dragon
09-14-2004, 05:32 PM
HEY!!
Chan Poi's daughter is a hottie allright, BUT if Helen Liang walked into the room (wearing those almost see through satin Kung Fu pants of hers) mimi Chan would become invisible!!!

MeatTosser
09-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Pui Chan not good in combat? Hmm, well, how true is this? Has anyone actually had a chance to measure his fighting skill? Praying Mantis is a very solid fighiting system if trained correctly...

(P.S. On a side note, if anyone is looking for good no-nonsense Traditional Gongfu on the West Coast, check out Zhong Luo's Bak Mei Gongfu, very nice stuff man...)

Wildwoo
09-24-2004, 12:17 PM
My understanding is he is an expert in the Tan Tui system of fighting from Shandong as well as Wahlum Preying mantis. He is a great martial artist.

WWII

Lu Zhi Shen
09-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Master poi has supported Chinese M.As for many mnay years. I met fim in 1978. when i studied under Bak hay Chin at the Florida Shaolin Kung Fu Federation. As for how good he is. I'm sure he is the best he is willing to be. he has some good students. and many branch schools. He has always been kind and helpful to me.
here is a test: What Kung Fu is the best. Kung Fu,Kung Fu kung fu Kung Fu. =]

Almitabha
Lu Zhi Shen

mr.marshal art
09-27-2004, 11:57 AM
whoa........... oooooooooo... ahhhhhhhhhhhh....

And Mimi is smoking hot. Take it from me, I'm a connoisseur of hot Asian women.

daper dan man, you sound more like a racist redneck with a
small staff and a big mouth
~marshal

sean_stonehart
09-27-2004, 12:11 PM
.... and you're who???

Wildwoo
09-28-2004, 04:40 AM
Heheh!

Let me guess hmmmm registered 9/26/2004...........

Looks like someone created a troll just to spit a really weak insult.

Ahhh Luuuv Azian Gurlz 2 Duz dat make me a racist redneck with a
small staff and a big mouth?? What's a shaft? :eek:

Why start siily poopoo here young man?

Productive this is not- Yoda

quote:

daper dan

quote:
And Mimi is smoking hot. Take it from me, I'm a connoisseur of hot Asian women.

~marshal

Judge Pen
09-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by mr.marshal art

~marshal

Nah, more like a normal guy who is having fun with on ongoing joke here on KFO. If you had been around for a while and read the posts, then you would know that instead of just singling me out and shooting off without thinking.

about, what, a 0.6?

mr.marshal art
09-28-2004, 09:50 AM
daper man,

Nah, more like a normal guy who is having fun with on ongoing joke here on KFO.
glad to hear that......

If you had been around for a while and read the posts, then you would know that instead of just singling me out and shooting off without thinking.

it is tiresome to see the continuous lack of respect that martial artists display for others. it appears that wang shixing was correct when he said
martial artists (referring to the shaolin monks) are good for nothings who spend their time drinking, eating and fighting. (harvard journal of asiatic studies page 387, volume 61, number 2, 2001.)
i think some respect for martial masters and also for women would be civil, what do you think?
~marshal

sean_stonehart
09-28-2004, 09:54 AM
How leading by example with an apology to our resident Dapper Dan Man for being so insulting without knowing him or his character??

JP... would that qualify as defaming? :eek:

MasterKiller
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
it appears that wang shixing was correct when he said
martial artists (referring to the shaolin monks) are good for nothings who spend their time drinking, eating and fighting. (harvard journal of asiatic studies page 387, volume 61, number 2, 2001.)
i think some respect for martial masters and also for women would be civil, what do you think?
~marshal I think you should blow it out your @sshole. You don't jump into an existing community of people and then start telling them how to behave without any foreknowledge of or experience in the community. You have no idea what we find acceptable.

Martial arts were invented by killers, thieves, scoundrels, and bad-@ss body guards. We here at KFM like to uphold the REAL traditions of our ancestors.

Judge Pen
09-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sean_stonehart
How leading by example with an apology to our resident Dapper Dan Man for being so insulting without knowing him or his character??

JP... would that qualify as defaming? :eek:

Nope, just trolling. And I didn't say a single negative word about anyone's master. Admiring physical beauty also doesn't mean that I don't respect their autonomy.

MonkeySlap Too
09-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Don't know the guy... while I am one to question technical or historical claims, I find gossip about a persons character in bad taste... nothing on the web is substantiated.

I only had one, very funny interaction with Chan Poi, and will only be told over beer. Well, I was a bystander, but it was very, very funny, and doesn't reflect poorly on him either, just funny.

mr.marshal art
09-28-2004, 12:09 PM
dearest dapper, stoner and master killer,

yeah guys whatever,
thanks for the illustrious demonstration of my point............
~marshal

MasterKiller
09-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Don't make me destroy you...

mr.marshal art
09-28-2004, 12:34 PM
dearest master killer,
why would you want to destroy me?
-marshal

Judge Pen
09-28-2004, 12:37 PM

yeah guys whatever,
~marshal

I challenge you, then, to point out where I said something negative about any master, or other martial artist for that matter, and to rebute why one can't admire physical beauty without being deragatory to an individual? If you can do that, then you illustrated your point. If you can't then you're a troll pure and simple.

sean_stonehart
09-28-2004, 12:47 PM

Don't make me destroy you...

I dare you... no actually... I double dog dare you.... :D

sean_stonehart
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM

yeah guys whatever,
~marshal

You don't know me, hang with me, aren't considered in a close circle of friends, hence you have no right or permission to call me anything other than what I wish you to or shorten my name in any fashion that intimates some knowledge of me ... therefore you will not refer to me in any other fashion than my screen name or Mr. Stonehart will suffice.

Clear enough?

Judge Pen
09-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Based upon his other posts, I'm sure he meant "stoner" in the most respectful way possible.

MasterKiller
09-28-2004, 12:57 PM
dearest master killer,
why would you want to destroy me?
-marshal

Because I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Judge Pen
09-28-2004, 01:06 PM
:rolleyes: Where did I say Master Poi Chan or Mimi were not good martial artists? Why is saying that Mimi is empiracally attractive disrespectful to her as a person or a martial artist?

sean_stonehart
09-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Yo Xie/Marshall...

Get your screen name right if you're going to scream like a little girl at me...

I'm done...

JP.... Lotsa luck with this one or two....

MK... I still double dog dare you....

mr.marshal art
09-28-2004, 04:35 PM
master killer,
the most interseting comment i have heard from the lot has come from you......
you wish to destroy me because of my lack of faith.
please elaborate

-marshal

p.s. my apology stoneheart , a typo (stoner)
sort of a cool accident though

mr.marshal art
09-28-2004, 07:41 PM
You don't know me, hang with me, aren't considered in a close circle of friends, hence you have no right or permission to call me anything other than what I wish you to or shorten my name in any fashion that intimates some knowledge of me ... therefore you will not refer to me in any other fashion than my screen name or Mr. Stonehart will suffice.

mr stonehart, you can rest, without worry. i have no desire to know you, hang with you or be in your little circle of friends.

Roc Doc
09-29-2004, 05:54 AM
mr. marshal art,
hey, i hear you but you should loosen up a bit on these guys. they are just having some fun.
if that does not work for you consider this;
the number of uncouth and unruly living beings is as limitless as space and there is not enough time to subdue them all
later,
~doc

p.s. if master killer already destroyed you, happy trails

mr.marshal art
09-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by roc doc:

p.s. if master killer already destroyed you, happy trails

looks like killers vader weapon is his ignore button.
i'm still here. he took himself out with it. nyuk nyuk nyuk. imagine that, vanquish your enemy by gouging your own eyes. brilliant. now i can see him but he can't see me. thanks for the stealth status. stonehead? judge? did you guys undergo the same digital self damage? hehehehehe
this place appears to be clear, at least for now.....
i'm outta here...
if you don't hear the phone ring, you know it's me,
peace,
marshal

MasterKiller
09-29-2004, 06:18 AM
It's called "quitting time" there marshall. Those of us who don't live with our mommies have jobs, and I don't spend my off-time posting here -- I go to class. Imagine that. .

Portland, huh? I bet you are a Temple Kung Fuer... You have my condolences.

Judge Pen
09-29-2004, 07:02 AM
The way I see it, Mr. Marshall, is that you never responded to my last post and pointed out where I've been disrespectful to another martial artist.