PDA

View Full Version : Best Specialized Punch for...

CaptinPickAxe
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
I was wondering what do you think the best specialized punch for a whipping motion?

stubbs
02-11-2004, 03:14 PM
i like to whip my backfists. most of my other punches are more of a driving punch...i think
________
Volcano Vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

norther practitioner
02-11-2004, 03:19 PM
I'd have to say either a back fist.. or maybe a hammer fist.

SevenStar
02-13-2004, 05:15 AM
donkey punch?

seriously, I would say a backfist.

SevenStar
02-13-2004, 05:15 AM
or a hook punch, which I like better. I can see that as being listed as a whipping strike.

CaptinPickAxe
02-13-2004, 01:09 PM
What about pheonix eye fist? do you think it could be effective when used against strategic points?

rubthebuddha
02-13-2004, 01:33 PM
not really, if the target is moving. go for something a little larger, like the lower torso. a quick thrust with a pointy punch struck deeply can do all sorts of happy things. but using a specific point to hit a moving target would be like playing duck hunt with one variation -- you still have to shoot the duck on the tv, but the tv is trying to kick your ass.

IronFist
02-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
but using a specific point to hit a moving target would be like playing duck hunt with one variation -- you still have to shoot the duck on the tv, but the tv is trying to kick your ass.

lol, best analogy evAr!

norther practitioner
02-13-2004, 02:39 PM
that is one of the funniest things I've read all week.

Samurai Jack
02-13-2004, 10:36 PM
A jab is pretty much a whipping motion, no?

rubthebuddha
02-14-2004, 03:49 AM
IF and NP -- thanks. once it hit me, i knew it was one for the ages. :D

KWUsCRD
02-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
What about pheonix eye fist? do you think it could be effective when used against strategic points?

I think it depends on the quickness and consistancy of your hits.

When I sit around with friends, I'll hit their hands in that same style. Over the years I've actually grown really consistant at intercepting their hands. I'd say I can connect around 7 out of 10 on them.

But thats under the conditions that I'm completely relaxed, we're just messing around trying to hit eachothers hands.

I don't believe I could do that well in a fight, unless you we're going for general areas. i.e. just smashin out on his head hoping to hit a soft spot in the process.

Xebsball
02-14-2004, 02:27 PM
you s&m freaks and your whips

Water Dragon
02-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
or a hook punch, which I like better. I can see that as being listed as a whipping strike.

What about that whipping fist I used to bounce you off your feet in my kitchen? I thought that would have left a better impression on you.