PDA

View Full Version : Golden sissors Hands?

Kaliblade
02-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Hi not to seem ignorant,but lol what is Golden sissor hands I have seen this in articles and on some previous posts..what are the techniques? what forms are they in? etc...
Can anyone answer this??
Thanks
Respects
DB NY

fiercest tiger
02-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Scissor hands are moves that the arms and hands cross making an X shape. The technique will attack the blood and air of your opponent the name says it all. It can be used in seizing skills and breaking the joints but you better have some ging and good knowledge of anatomy to pull of a break or dislocate.

FT:)

HungMoJue
02-23-2004, 03:48 PM
FT-is this the opening movement in some Bak Mei forms where the hands cross wrist over wrist and then do a "Lock turning" movement? I think in Jik Bo Kuen it does this and opens into a double spear hand / tan sao thing one up and the other down? I don't really know this form, but have seen it done several times.
Is this the same as in Hung-Ga? I have heard others mention it, but I'm not sure the application is the same. I have heard of it used for bridging, and then having bridged, the hands can trap or immobilize. ?????

Lowlynobody
02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
No, in Jik Bo that is yum yeurng sau and is something different to golden scissor. If you want to check out yum yeurng sau go here - http://www.yaukungmun.com.au/yin_and_yang_hands.htm

HungMoJue
02-25-2004, 11:05 AM
We do a technique in Hung-Ga where you crash into the person's guard using crossed arms, like in the Five Animal set. Once making contact, you can trap with whatever hand he gives you, depending on what 'energy' he feeds you as well. My Sifu doesn't call it anything but crashing. We also use Iron Door Jam in a similar fashion, and also Black Tiger's Claws. Sifu sez it's all about covering, and obstructing, and controling your opponent's horse/energy/bridges. Not sure if this is what you mean, but since nobody else seems to know...this is what we have to go on so far.