PDA

View Full Version : New PR's

Toby
02-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Just because I'm feeling self-important - new PR's on bench, squat and DL today. Ones I'd been aiming for for awhile.

rubthebuddha
02-12-2004, 10:28 PM
sweeeeet. and now, even higher ones, but after you give yourself a good celebration. i recommend a phat batch of phud thai.

IronFist
02-13-2004, 12:43 AM
New PR's are awesome. I was just messing around tonight and I pulled a heavier weight on DL than I thought I could for a triple. It wasn't a new PR or a new 3RM, but it was pretty good considering I haven't been deadlifting much recently. For some reason I seem to not lose strength in DL nearly as quickly as I do in Bench and Squat.

dwid
02-13-2004, 07:51 AM
I closed a #1 CoC gripper 7 times in a set on my right hand today. That's an improvement for me.

Ford Prefect
02-13-2004, 07:59 AM
Congrats guys.

WinterPalm
02-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Recently closed the #1 ten times in each hand! That, for me, is a very good amount. Still having trouble with the #2, however.

dwid
02-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Recently closed the #1 ten times in each hand! That, for me, is a very good amount. Still having trouble with the #2, however.

My goal is to be on the #2 by the end of summer.

That's very impressive that you can close #1 ten times with both hands. My left hand is well behind my right as of now. I can't even close the #1 once with my left hand. At first I was trying to train them evenly, then I decided that was pointless. It's pretty likely that there will be a consistent lag between the strength in my right and left hands.

Toby
02-15-2004, 04:51 AM
Yeah, I do 3x8 with the #1, but I can't do the #2 yet. Come close with the right hand sometimes. My 3x8 isn't always completely closed. Sometimes I just can't get it to close because I'm holding it wrong or something. Also sometimes I can do e.g. 1, 2, miss 3, 4, 5, then do 6, 7 and 8. It's kinda funny how the right hand is so much stronger for RH dominant people. I wouldn't have thought it was that much of a difference, especially since I've been training the COC's for a coupla months now. I also wish that they made different grippers with the spring oriented differently for each because it seems to fit my right hand better with the spring curled the way it is.

IronFist
02-15-2004, 11:42 PM
I wish the Captians of Crush gripper handles were about 10% closer together.

abobo
02-22-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm currently setting a PR for missing workouts.

Ironfist - you might want to ask around on Dr. Squat's board about grinding the handles down. There are a few gripsters over there that do it.

abobo
03-06-2004, 10:42 PM
This has been bothering me. I think I misinterpreted your statement. You must have meant that you need to get stronger in the last 10%, whereas I had thought that you wanted to bring the fully closed handles in by another 10%.

Toby
03-07-2004, 04:51 AM
I think he probably meant that he has trouble getting his puny hands around them :D. They're pretty wide. I have to stretch my hands maximally to get the best grip on them. Makes it easier to close them.

Just about time to haul them out of the cupboard again tonight ;).

dwid
03-10-2004, 01:30 PM
But a personal triumph which I thought I'd share here:

I just got notification today that I've been awarded a fellowship for when I start graduate school in the Fall. It's a pretty huge honor, and I'm both humbled and friggin overjoyed about it.