PDA

View Full Version : New PT Job

Johnny Hot Shot
10-15-2001, 06:46 AM
A few months ago I joined a gym in my area because they were adding a BoxingKickboxing gym "The Boxing Club" mabey some of you from SoCal have heard of them?
After a class and talking with one of the instructors and the owner. I have decided to teach a class a few times a week in the evenings. I'm pretty excited it has been since 1993 since I have actually had my own class.
It will be pretty much smile, sweat and beat on the bags for a while since the club is brand spanking new. And the clientell so far are mostly young women, and a few muscle heads. :D
Eventually I would like to get some of my MMA and BJJ buddies in for additional training and clincs, Oh the possibilites!

I am so friken excited, I don't even care how much they pay me...

:D :D :D

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
Jacko Jackson

Martial Joe
10-15-2001, 07:00 AM
Thats cool...have fun...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

SifuAbel
10-15-2001, 10:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the clientell so far are mostly young women [/quote]

God!, I love working in gyms!!!!

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

toddbringewatt
10-15-2001, 12:21 PM
Do they know you've decided to teach there?

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

Johnny Hot Shot
10-15-2001, 04:07 PM
Ha, Yes.

Jacko Jackson

soy
10-15-2001, 08:36 PM
I've found that 3 pound weight drills are really good for beginners.. Like.. shadowboxing with 3 pounds etc.. It's a good way to train your shoulders down, and get your footwork right..

I've seen people taking kickboxing classes at gyms and just totally messing themselves up because they are basically flailing their arms.

*shrug*

Johnny Hot Shot
10-15-2001, 08:39 PM
Seem's to be that, from what I have been told is that the focus is mostly on fitness and not fighting. Hopefully I will be able to focus on proper technique in my classes. I would hate for my students to develop bad habits and a false sence of security.

Jacko Jackson

Mojo
10-15-2001, 09:10 PM
Will you be wearing a spandex bodysuit and fuzzy legwarmers while you teach? :D

Johnny Hot Shot
10-15-2001, 09:48 PM
Ha that's funny. Rich man you should be a friken comedian. I'm laughing so friken hard I almost sh1t. Actually I try to stay away from the Spandex crap and just stick to my Adidas track pants.
Unless you'd like to see me in some spandex ya' prison sex lovin' B@st@rd. ;)

Jacko Jackson