PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know a cure for insomia?

fridgehead
05-01-2001, 03:29 PM
Hello all,

Does anyone know any chinese medicine for insomia or any form of chi kung.

Thanks in advance,

Oli :)

Fish of Fury
05-02-2001, 06:55 AM
sleep !!

sorry, couldn't resist
western herbs incl. valerian, passionflower, skullcap, don't know if that helps

_________________________"I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

Kevin Wallbridge
05-03-2001, 09:27 AM
Insomnia is not a disease, its a symptom. Its a symptom that could have a wide variety of causes. What brought it on? Whats your constitution like? Have you undergone any changes of lifestyle or diet recently? Have you experienced any emotional changes? Do other sensations or signs accompany the insomnia (palpitations, sweating or no sweating, racing thoughts, can you sleep in the daytime, when you do sleep do you dream...)?

Basically you'll need to give the insomnia a context before anyone could make an informed suggestion using Chinese medicine (which rarely treats just a symptom).

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai

ansgenius1
05-04-2001, 10:47 PM
If all else fails, drink beer or some other alcoholic beverage.

woliveri
05-07-2001, 05:58 AM
http://www.bluepoppypress.com/press/download/articles/insomnia.html

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

JWTAYLOR
05-07-2001, 08:13 PM
Remove the stimulants from your diet for a month or two. That not only includes caffine, but refined sugars, simple sugars, garlic, peppers, spicy foods. Watch your cholesterol, and lift weights.

Take a look at what TCM calls "hot" foods. Remove them from your diet for a while.

It's what worked for me.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

brucelee2
05-13-2001, 08:20 AM
I just read a recipe for treating insomnia (among other things) in Deng Ming Dao's Scholar Warrior. Make a soup with red dates (jujubes) and wolfberries (goji). Use a handful of each and boil for an hour. Remove the pits from the dates before cooking and rinse them. Drink the 'soup' and eat the fruit afterwards. This soup shouldn't be used more than twice a week. These foods can be purchases in a chinese herbal store in Chinatown.

wisdom mind
05-16-2001, 10:37 PM
crack a 40 ounce and guzzle it, then follow up with 1-2 pints of water to alleviate headache.

or get in bed and read a very descriptive book, martial arts, math physics, etc

you can take melatonin but ya might get scary dreams..............

Qiman
05-30-2001, 09:34 PM
Kava Kava has been helpfull.

-------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

prana
07-15-2001, 05:42 AM
without getting sick, don't eat after 12 noon.

When sleeping, visualise a blue light emanating from the middle of your chest. Keep your mind there. You might'nt need sleep thereafter if you are lucky.... :)

Recognise the vivid blue lights of Lord Vairochana.
Recognise the blinding white lights of Lord Aksobhya.
Recognise the brilliant yellow lights of Lord Ratnasambhava.
Recognise the fiery red lights of Lord Amithaba.
Recognise the pure green lights of Buddha Amoghasiddhi.

Repulsive Monkey
07-23-2001, 03:59 PM
A classic point for treatmnet with what is commonly seen as a symptom of Heart disharmonies and Shen disturbance, would be treatment through acupuncture, or massage through Acupressure of H7, "Shen Gate". This point can be massaged gently but with intention to help one to get to sleep as it were and help dimish the effects of Insomnia.