PDA

View Full Version : Leamington 5 Elements protocals

Pakmei
02-16-2004, 04:39 AM
Hi Guys and Girls,

Just a quickie...

I have to do a presentation on Leamington's 5 elements treatment protocals in a few weeks time in the student clinic.

So what I'm looking for is either information or an overview on when, why an acupuncturist would use treatments such as AE drain, Internal/External Dragons, Husband/wife theory, entry/exits points?

I understand the concept behind CSOE (colour, sound, odour and emotion) and the basic theory on 5 elements generating and controlling and insulting eachother, though not sure what else I could talk about in this presentation.

I've searched on the web to no avail. There's not a lot of information out there on these treatments.!

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

vikinggoddess
02-16-2004, 07:17 AM
i think some of the info. is kept kind of a secret, which i think is stupid. but there is a 5E yahoo group you can join. i downloaded some of their files and added them to my library. the link is in my sig. i don't know that you will find much detail. there may be one on Dragon treatment, but it is not quite clear.

as far as entry/exit points go, i seem to remember you use them when the pulses show that there is a clear energetic block from one meridian to the next. i think you can look at the meridian clock to help predict where you might find one. so i would think that you would needle the exit point on the full meridian and the entry point on the deficienct meridian. let me know if you find more info on that. i think it's right, but i haven't thought about it for a while. it's probably in my notes somewhere.

Repulsive Monkey
02-17-2004, 10:50 AM
AE can be used in practice as a first treatment to relieve any Shi qi from the Yin organs of the body, erythema will detect which Yin organs benefitted from it. AE is usually done once but then can be done again and again if it is needed.

Dragons are done for people who have experienced heavy drug usage, have obsessive possesive qualities that go to the extreme, or have been emotionally, physically, sexually abused. Dragons can be used for an internal obsessiveness or for a person who has had an experienced from an external factor, a location, an incident, a person etc.

Entry and exit points again are usually used when the channel linking up with another one shows and strength and a weakness detecting a channel block. Again as vikingoddes says this is down to the pulse reading.

Husband/wife theory will be found soley on the pulses and it is when the left hand pulses are decidely weak across all organs and the right hand side are generally strong and banging away thus denoting a left hand - right hand pulse imbalance.

As far as CSOE I think you'll be expected to talk about how to recognise the different CF's for all five elements and how this will indicate what kind of source points to do on them in a treatment. Knowing that someone might be a Wood CF will mean doing treatments on Liv 3 and GB 40 to tonify their CF. Of course in Leamington and CICM you'll never be taught to actually tonify those 2 points on a Wood CF, not unless you want someones Wood pulses to go as wiry as hell, and thumping away like a racing horse.

Pakmei
02-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Thanks very much guys and girls.

The information that you have imparted is great and will help me immensely in my presentation in a few weeks time.

All the best