PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics????

manofkent
02-16-2004, 06:10 AM
Gymnastics????

Is it really so bad for a 19yr old, male, martial artist to do gymnastics?

I really want to achive the strength and suppleness of a gymnast, to blend with my sothern chinise knung fu. but i cant find a class. All the gymnastics classes are pretty much all girls, the only boys are under 10. where can i find a class sutable in the south eas of England????

KWUsCRD
02-16-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by manofkent

Is it really so bad for a 19yr old, male, martial artist to do gymnastics?

No.

Originally posted by manofkent
where can i find a class sutable in the south eas of England????

I can't help you there. Good luck.

Shaolinlueb
02-16-2004, 07:57 AM
grab your balls, suck it up and join the class wiht the girls and the young kids. who cares. they have been doing it for a long time. gymnastics and southern kung fu.... thats kinda a contradiction isnt it? do some wushu instead and learn it there.

Azrael
02-16-2004, 07:13 PM
An alternative you might like to consider is cross-training in Capoeira. I know capoeiristas that are just as strong & supple as gymnasts I used to train with when I was younger. It's good fun too!

Azrael
02-16-2004, 08:30 PM
inic: No, different Azrael.

manofkent
02-18-2004, 01:13 AM
I trained in capo for a while (however it seems that it was not true capo, more some crap someone made up using tekken the game)

I would love to study more athletic kung fu, my club is the only good club i can find. We have a lot of ppl at my club that train once a week for an hr, and tough training would kill them.