PDA

View Full Version : phenix bio

foolinthedeck
02-16-2004, 11:50 AM
theres no point asking the elephant about itself, it probably sees less than each of the blindfolded men. But may i ask the blindfolded for what they know about phenix?

i'm interested in the elusive rogue... all i 'know' is:

name - hendrik?
nationality - european? german perhaps?
nickname - phenix
style - wing chun etc.
interests - too many to name.

:confused:

reneritchie
02-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Hendrik is Chinese (Fukienese) born in Indonesia. If you know something about that countries attitudes about Chinese and their culture, you will understand why his name was Dutchized (is that the equivalent of Anglicized?) as a child.

He original studied Kyokushin Karate and was a full contact fighter until a man named Cho Hung-Choi whupped him using Wing Chun Kuen. Cho Hung-Choi is the only known person to have studied WCK under both Cho Chuen in China and Cho On in Malaysia, the inheritors of the Cho family lineage passed down from Yik Kam.

Hendrik attended University in the US, and later settled there, and now raises his family there.

Although he converted to Buddhism and retired from actively training in WCK, his skill is still extreme (and I use that word not lightly, but a little poetically, as his WCK has evolved from his sifu's facination with a possible Emei origins into something more esoteric than most), and he is quite possibly the most learned WCK person I have ever encountered on this continent (though he is annoyingly bad at sharing his knowledge over the internet, due both to his lack of English language skills, and his almost bi-polar coyness.)

Personally, I think he makes himself too accessible and tries to share too much, leading to diminished perception of the worth of his information, but his wife will not change his password so we are, thusfar, still stuck with him.

yuanfen
02-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Rene has posted a good skinny/profile on Hendrik/Phoenix.
I have met the man and spent some quality time with him . He actually is a delightful individual. Very integrated in his values. Very knowledgeable on Chinese history, and literature and culture and Buddhist literature and ethics. He has first rate high tech background and has strong experience in the Silicon valley world.He is well travelled in Asia and the West.

As his posts show he is quite a hyperactive but focussed individual.
The latter does not always show in his posts because of his English... and also being multi topical in several different posts in different threads. He does have a passion for engagement in topics that he knows quite a bit about. And he knows more than he shows. Rene is correct in one direction of his post- that in net forum discussions- no good deed goes unpunished.

He comes from an entirely different lineage from mine in wing chun.
I dont know all about his wing chun but neither does he know about mine... I do think that he over-generalizes about the details of wing chun at times. And I chuckle and differ with him on some of his ideas- including the mattress SLT...its ok if someone has reasonable mastery of slt- to show his balance- but it can be havoc for building important foundations-with the mattress controlling the beginner, rather than the other way around.

I have seen his Cho family slt-its different from Ip man's but clearly it is a slt. And rather than separating slt, ck and bj as phases of learning-his slt does have chum kiu and biu jee principles and there are biu jee motions. And their/his chi sao is different from Ip man chi sao.

Again, what I do is different from what he does- but some of his posts are very informative and I think he is a good gadfly-though easily misunderstood in the obfuscations of forum talk.

He does not have a school- doesnt charge anyone anything
and ergo does not have what is normally called a "vested" interest in pushing anything. A Buddhist perspective is not necessarily value neutral and engaging in discussions and examining premises and their implications is really an old Buddhist tradition. The Platonists are not the only ones to couch ther positions in the form of dialogues.

Joy Chaudhuri

Gangsterfist
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
There you have it:

Phenix-

the man

the myth

the legend

FWIW, I always enjoy reading his posts, but when he starts getting cryptic I just take it with a grain of salt. When I understand completely what he says I love to add more, or perhaps get more out of him.

I was reading his analogies using apple computers on this forum and figured he worked with technology. I as well work with technology in the IT field. So it seems me and him have a few things in common.

Phenix
02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Pokemom # 2314567---- PHENIX

phenix--- a bird which is getting better and growing bigger every time it dies and burn down into ashes. A very anoying coocoo bird but it never goes away. Since energy can never be created or destroyed.

Property---- never ending energy transformation

Action-type ---- walking into and facing the shadow wave

Archi-type --- Wave Surfer

Technology type --- High Tech Esoteric

Vision type --- Non Duality

Domain --- Omni diamention

Purpose --- Diamention Boundary breaker Paradigm shifter

PaulH
02-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Hendrik is "apple". Take a bite! Whether you go to sleep for a hundred year or wake up to your own sorrows is each man's tale.
Ha! Ha!

Phenix
02-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Hendrik is "apple". Take a bite! Whether you go to sleep for a hundred year or wake up to your own sorrows is each man's tale.
Ha! Ha!

Apple's job is to fall on your head and you become Newton discovering Earth Jing --- Center gravitation force.

Phil Redmond
02-16-2004, 02:36 PM
You gotta just love it when Yoda speaks.....;)
I do believe he's got something to offer us all though.

Ultimatewingchun
02-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Hendrik (Phenix):

The man...the myth...the legend...with bi-polar coyness and lousy English skills.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP !

Got to hang with this guy someday....

kj
02-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
Hendrik (Phenix):

The man...the myth...the legend...with bi-polar coyness and lousy English skills.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP !

Got to hang with this guy someday....

Ha ha - trust me, you will cherish the experience. He is exactly the same in person as online, except quite a lot easier to read. :)

Regards,
- kj

PaulH
02-16-2004, 03:49 PM
I beg to differ that Hendrik's English is lousy. There are musical or poetical undercurrents in his thought and variety of expression. That said his syntax is quite inventive - something of a melting mixture of Chinese and American English!

Regards,
PH

yylee
02-16-2004, 09:07 PM
As I recall, I first heard/read about Hendrik in WCML. That was a few years ago. At the time I was mostly lurking, didn't have much to post (remains the same way till now).

So my first impression of him was that Hendrik is some kind of a Chi Kung/Qigong master who also does WCK. Every other posts he wrote he talked about this special kind of "Chi" and how it enhances WCK. This special kind of Chi produces a lot of heat. The man was really quite knowledgable in it. To a point he was feeling so attached and even obsessed about it. This "Chi" sounded like a Yin side of Chi because it had so much feminine quality. It is so soft but powerful. Then, every one on the list, like Marty, Rene, Terence and even Zopa were all talking about this kind of "Chi". They seemed to enjoy the topic so much .... For weeks I was scratching my head wondering where this "Chi" come from. I scanned through all my Qigong books and still couldn't find out what kind of Chi Hendrik was talking about. It felt like I have discovered a new treasure in WCML, something I have never heard of in my WC studies. It made me really curious.

Then one day.... Simon, the guy who sat next to me in my office, was showing me some Asian movie star sites. One of the star photos caught me eyes because she had the name "Hsu Chi"....

Ahhh.....Hsu Chi...... that's what Hendrik has been talking about. :D

Jim Roselando
02-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Hendrik who?

There is no Hendrik!

hehe

Couldn't resist!

Seriously tho! Hendrik is a wealth of knowledge. In the beginning I thought he was another wacko (no offense HS) but the more I thought about what he wrote the more I realized it was gold.

See ya,

captain
02-17-2004, 07:40 AM
see,now this is what annoys me about this site.ALL THE TALENT that posts on here.and where is the book?exactly!can you imagine what could be accomplished if you guys gathered and made firm plans.life.......it's later than you think....

duende
02-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by foolinthedeck
theres no point asking the elephant about itself, it probably sees less than each of the blindfolded men. But may i ask the blindfolded for what they know about phenix?

i'm interested in the elusive rogue... all i 'know' is:

name - hendrik?
nationality - european? german perhaps?
nickname - phenix
style - wing chun etc.
interests - too many to name.

foolinthedeck,

There are many many WC masters and practictioners from many many different lineages that have a very very low opinion of Phenix.

This is because he has made many many outlandish and egocentric claims. It is also because whenever he is confronted by authentic WC masters, authentic Chan masters, or authentic historians, he has a habit of always having to go on vacation.

So go ahead and read his posts and decide for yourself what to take and what to trash. But you will never find any real history from him other than his own interpretations of a few old pictures. And you will never find anyone from his lineage who will vouch for any of his self-grandizing claims.

Personally I find him utterly insulting to the art and precious knowledge that is WC.

Gangsterfist
02-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by duende

..This is because he has made many many outlandish and egocentric claims. It is also because whenever he is confronted by authentic WC masters, authentic Chan masters, or authentic historians, he has a habit of always having to go on vacation...

duende-

First off by all means I am not trying to disrespect anyone here. Everyone can believe what they want to and that is okay with me. So no offense is intended from what I am about to say.

It seems to me that all these so called authentic wing chun historians really have no concrete proof of anything. Every lineage has its history, some are similar some are different. How do we know for sure which ones are true and which ones aren't? The truth is we do not. Phenix could be right about a lot of things, or he could be completely wrong. The thing is about these historians is that they are quick to call all other lineages mythical, and their mythical lineage truth. So it turns into a huge debate about what lineage has better foot work or better forms or whatever. Then people start taking offense to it, and then it gets even worse.

If one lineage says execute this move this way and this is why, and another is the opposite who is wrong? Niether, both of the different systems have reasons behind the technique, both have worked and have purpose.

In a way its just like arguing if jesus christ ever existed and if there really is a god. This argument is pointless because we cannot prove or disprove anyting from lack of knowledge, or ignorance. Plus when we do this we miss the real point. It doesn't matter if Jesus really existed, what matters is what he stands for and what he did. The stories are there to teach lessons.

So maybe for once we can look at difference of opinion, lineage, art, etc as a good thing. Perhaps we could learn off each other?

I don't know, sorry for rambling just some random thoughts when I read this thread...

(btw just used jesus as an example)

Phenix
02-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Phenix's Song: :D

...........In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
'Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dare
Disturb the sound of silence.

"Hi " said I, "You do not know
Silence like a rainbow grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning,
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls."
And whisper'd in the sounds of silence.

Sound of Silence- Paul Simon -

duende
02-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Gangsterfist,

I'm all for differences of opinion. And I could really care less about better this or original that.

The fact remains that Phenix has a talent for posting alot of mis-information. Sorry, but that is not an opinion, that's a fact. I have an OPINION that he is of a very low character for doing so.

I don't want to make this more negative then it has to be. Foolinthedeck asked for a character reference. I gave him my honest opinion, based on the factual experiences I've witnessed on this forum.

PS No need to be sorry... I know you mean well.

canglong
02-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by foolinthedeck
But may i ask the blindfolded for what they know about phenix?
A blindfolded man is a happy man any foolinthedeck knows that.
originally posted by captain
see,now this is what annoys me about this site.ALL THE TALENT that posts on here.and where is the book?exactly! Amen!

Chronos
02-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by duende
Gangsterfist,

I'm all for differences of opinion. And I could really care less about better this or original that.

The fact remains that Phenix has a talent for posting alot of mis-information. Sorry, but that is not an opinion, that's a fact. I have an OPINION that he is of a very low character for doing so.

I don't want to make this more negative then it has to be. Foolinthedeck asked for a character reference. I gave him my honest opinion, based on the factual experiences I've witnessed on this forum.

PS No need to be sorry... I know you mean well.

Odd that your opinion is so out of step with the rest of the board. From what I have seen, none of your accusations are true, which makes me doubt your claims to "an honest opinion." An honest opinion would be built on facts, not your lineage claims which are unsubstantiated to date.

canglong
02-17-2004, 01:20 PM
originally posted by Chronos
Odd that your opinion is so out of step with the rest of the board. The rest of the board but not phenix's own kung fu family or white crane elders or are some post missing!

Phenix
02-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Phenix favoreite Website

http://hk.geocities.com/yongchunwhitecrane/

:D :D

永春白鶴拳以鶴為形,以形為拳,取象於名,冠於雅稱, 寓意其中,便於記誦,易於領悟,利於習練。它的套路動 靜有法,虛實分明,快慢相間,起伏有序,脈絡貫通,神 氣流暢,似_隢D_銵A似柔非柔,形神_摀ヾA輕盈靈巧,彈 抖勁足,技手多變。

Phenix
02-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Hey Guys,

"There are many many WC masters and practictioners from many many different lineages that have a very very low opinion of Phenix."----------

That is correct. Agree.

"This is because he has made many many outlandish and egocentric claims. It is also because whenever he is confronted by authentic WC masters, authentic Chan masters, or authentic historians, he has a habit of always having to go on vacation." ---------

That is Correct too. Agree.

Since he is the number one no body who dont know a thing about WCK and Chan and .... ect who always love to go to vacation in Hawaii.

Why bother to continous to spend more negative energy on him right?

Ernie
02-17-2004, 02:26 PM
erase
linage, history,and emotion
these are meaningless and empty topics in the scope of combat and training to be effecient in combat
this is why scholars,librariens,and heads of state , can never be real warriors , they think to highly of themselves and don't get there finger nails dirty:)
but they are intelectualy skilled and weave wonderful webs to bring greatness upon themselves or there group .

screw the politicians and all the kings of lip sau

what seperates hendrik from this group , well not much most of the time , he has his own aganda but and this is the key
he offers technical knowledge which can be applied here and now freely and openly
for this reason i respect him
i wish more of the lip sau masters would step out of the bamboo curtian and put it out there with out all the mumbo jumbo

as for all the history chan chi crap . doesn't pertain to actual street fighting so i speed read past that stuff or use it to break out my pillow and go to sleep

so hendrik i for one appriciate what you share and after swimming through the maze of poetry , stories about corpses, and digs at other people , i find sound technical thoughts and idea's
:D

Phenix
02-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Ernie

.... after swimming through the maze of poetry , ....:D

Do you think I will meet Diaz this time I go to Maui for Surfing, opps meditate? :D

I heard she got pixx when her bf cover up Janet... so let see if she is in Maui.

Ernie
02-17-2004, 02:45 PM
on the way back from the road to hana you might find her in a little resteraunt with a view of the island ,
it's about half way down and hidden in the hills with a fire place and the best macadamia nut banana pan cakes with coconut syrup :)

as soon as i finish paying for my last trip i'm going back perhaps we will see each other one day :D

Bob8
02-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I like Hendrik his thoughts. Although sometimes difficult to understand.

Can not comment to much on his character.
Difficult for me, I never met him.

It seems most HFY guys do not like him.
Perhaps there is truth in a well known saying... ;-)

Anyway nobody is liked by everybody... Even Jesus, Buddha, Dalai Lam have/had enemies. And Hendrik is not at that level...
yet ;-)

duende
02-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Ernie,

Listen, you claim to be a fair level-headed guy, and I've had no reason to doubt you until now.

Tell me... What's fair about choosing to be blind to the countless back-handed attacks of Phenix's against other WC families???

All politics aside, if someone was out there spreading mis-infomation about Gary Lamb, or writing about your system and distorting the information how would you react???

I've said many many times before, as soon as Phenix drops all the attacks, I'll stop my posts against him.

That's not lip-service, lip-sau, or whatever you want to call it. That's the plain simple truth.

I gave my opinion about him. And you gave yours.

I'm not going to criticize you or anyone else for doing so.

Ernie
02-17-2004, 03:31 PM
duende

i would like to think i am level headed , i'm sorry if i have changed your oppinion .

[All politics aside, if someone was out there spreading mis-infomation about Gary Lamb, or writing about your system and distorting the information how would you react??? ]

well
first if i know and can prove my training is effective for me , then it really wouldn't matter , people will always find ways to try and step on each other ,
second if it really was a constant problem and gary was being attacked gary would go right to the source and and drop him were he stood , you see it's just how it is man to man
if the attacks were aimed at me i would try and do the same if my skills and luck was with me that day .
and it still wouldn't prove much as far as systems go . but the reality comes down to what the claims are about and if it's fighting skill well that can be tested ,
everything else doesn't really pertain to me

so to be honest i really don't ge the whole reason for attack and counter attack

[[ gave my opinion about him. And you gave yours.

I'm not going to criticize you or anyone else for doing so.]]

i understand this is a emotional subject with you and yours , and hendrik does seem to have a agenda as i stated before , but you are criticizing me , when i have not said anything to you to cause this . i have made it a point to try and learn from anyone i can , including your group , and anyone elses i'll admit back in the day i got caught up in the mud slinging storm , but no more
i'f i wish to seek information on t/s/e i willask you with an open mind and heart , if hendrik helps clarify something in slt for me then i will thank him with a open heart .
ther are no sides for me to take , all i focus on is training concepts and idea's
and in return i offer my own . to be enjoyed or disgarded

if either of you were ever broke down in l.a. and needed a ride i would be more then happy to help

edit[[ i just re read my post to make sure i didn't in some way offend or take sides , don't see were you even got hot with me about anything beyond giving hendrik an honest compliment , nothing else new , my oppinions on history and chi and all that stuff has always been the same . in fact i started by saying erase all history and linage and just look at it from a combative filter hmmm don't get were you got the impression of being disrespected oh well ]]

duende
02-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Ernie,

I wasn't trying to criticize you. I was just trying to gain some understanding, by making an analogy.

That's all.

BTW... It's not an emotional subject. And many other WC Sifu's would also like for Hendrik to stop his nonsence.

Respected GM Hoffmann last year popped in on this very forum, and specifically asked Hendik to stop discussion Saolin WC and things he knows nothing about.

yuanfen
02-17-2004, 04:02 PM
it began as an innocent question as to Hendrik's bio. Couldda beena shorter thread...but predictably Canglong and Duende have helped inject new life into the thread and another unncessary page to an anti Hendrik opus. Phoenix- are you paying these people?..

From TS Elliot possibly... "and human voices wake us and we drown!"

Hendrik:

Paul Simon's song? I can do without.. and Diaz has facial acne in real life.

Off to other threads....

duende
02-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Hey Chronos,

Nice profile... I guess you probably don't know who your real father is either.

PaulH
02-17-2004, 04:22 PM
"April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory out of desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering
Earth in a forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with dried tubers."
-T. S. Eliot

yuanfen
02-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Hey Paul H thanks for the Wasteland quote---
mine me thinks is from a shorter poem...Love song of J Alfred prufrock or some other...

let us go then you and I to where the land ends beneath the sky--
let us go through some half deserted streets and muttering retreats.. of one night cheap hotels and sawdust rsetaurants selling oyster shells---

I grow old I grow old...shall I wear the bottom of my trousers rolled...

to go where mermaids sing- I do not think they will sing for me...

human voices wake us and we drown.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PaulH
02-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks, Joy. Joie de vivre!

Regards,
PH

Phenix
02-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Joy, Pual,

Good stuffs to learn.

http://www.drstandley.com/chakras_03.shtml

http://www.drstandley.com/chakras_05.shtml

It is all about balance.

Ultimatewingchun
02-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Hendrik Santo, in the Rise/Sink/Open/Close thread, and in the Phenix Bio thread, (this latter threads' post giving out some chakra info)...within these two threads a great deal of esoteric knowledge is either given out or hinted at...the bait being how to develop chi energy while doing SLT.

He has opened some doors within these two threads - notwithstanding the foolish and self-serving attempts by some to discredit him...and I will now walk through some of those doors in a very different direction than I have ever gone on this forum...As up until now almost everything I've posted has had to do with fighting and/or lineage politics.

But there is fighting and there is FIGHTING...and this will be about a much more important fight than simply physical self-defense.

The fight within each individual soul that pits it's own Higher nature vs. it's own lower nature (see the Bhagavad Gita for all the details)...as opposed to pitting one's own Higher nature vs. the lower nature of someone else (see World War 2, for an example of this...as Hitler and the Nazi movement was the epitomy of both individual and collective Demonic lower selves fighting against all that is HIGH and GOOD within human nature(s)

THE SECRET DOCTRINE was written in 1888 by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (H.P.B.)...the founder of the modern Theosophical movement. The objects of the Theosophical movement are:

1) To form the nucleus of a Universal Brotherhood of Humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or color.

2) The study of ancient and modern religions, philosophies, and sciences, and the demonstration of the importance of such study; and

3) The investigation of the unexplained laws of Nature and the psychic powers latent in man.

Here are some excerpts from The Secret Doctrine:

"The whole Kosmos is guided, controlled, and animated by an almost endless series of Hierarchies of sentient Beings, each having a mission to perform, and who - whether we give to them one name or another, and call them Dhyan Chohans or Angels - are 'messengers' in the sense only that that they are agents of Karmic and Cosmic laws. They vary infinitely in their respective degrees of consciousness and intelligence; and to call them all pure Spirits without any of the earthly alloy 'which time is wont to prey upon' is only to indulge in poetical fancy. For each of these Beings either WAS, or perhaps to become, a man, if not in the present, then in a past or a coming cycle (Manvantara). They are PERFECTED, when not INCIPIENT, men.

(Volume 1, page 274-275)...

"In sober truth, as just shown, every 'Spirit' so called is either a DISEMBODIED OR A FUTURE MAN. As from the highest Archangel (Dhyan Chohan) down to the last conscious 'Builder' (the inferior class of Spiritual Entities), all such are MEN, having lived aeons ago, in other Manvantaras (world periods), on this or other Spheres; so the inferior, semi-intelligent and non-intelligent Elementals - are all FUTURE men. That fact alone - that a Spirit is endowed with intelligence - is a proof to the Occultist that that Being must have been a MAN, and acquired his knowledge and intelligence throughout the human cycle. There is but one indivisible and absolute Omniscience amd Intelligence in the Universe, and this thrills thoughout every atom and infinitetesmal point of the whole infinite Kosmos which has no bounds, and which people call SPACE, considered independently of anything contained in it. But the first differentiation of its REFLECTION in the manifested World is purely Spiritual, and the Beings generated in it are not endowed with a consciousness that has any relation to the one we conceive of. They can have no human consciousness or Intelligence before they have acquired such, personally and individually. This may be a mystery, yet it is a fact, in Esoteric philosophy, and a very apparent one too.

Ibid., Volume 1, page 277...

"The Doctrine teaches that, in order to become a divine, fully conscious god - aye, even the highest - Spiritual primeval INTELLIGENCES must pass through the human stage. And when we say human, this does not apply merely to our terrestrial humanity, but to the mortals that inhabit any world. ie., to those Intelligences that have reached the appropriate equilibrium between matter and spirit, as WE have now, since the middle point of the Fourth Root Race of the Fourth Round was passed. Each entity must have won for itself the right of becoming divine, through self experience. Hegel, the great German thinker, must have known or sensed intuitionally this truth when saying, as he did,that the Unconscious evolved the Universe only 'in th hope of attaining clear self-consciousness,' of becoming, in other words, MAN; for this is also the secret meaning of the usual Puranic phrase about Brahma being constantly 'moved by the desire to create'....The Mind-born Sons, the Rishis, the Builders, etc., werer all men - of whatever forms and shapes - in other worlds and the preceding Manvantaras.
This subject, being so very mystical, is therefore the most difficult to explain in all its details and bearings; since the whole mystery of evolutionary creation is contained in it...every atom in the Universe has the potentiality of self-consciousness in it, and is, like the Monads of Leibnitz, a Universe in itself, and FOR itself. IT IS AN ATOM AND AN ANGEL."

Ibid., Volume 1, page 106-107...

Now...returning to the part about "each Entity having to win for itself the right of becoming divine, through self experience"...

Recall the famous phrase by Christ, that - "The Kingdom of heaven must be taken by violence"...

This is the FIGHT that must be won over our OWN lower self....

and yes...cultivating the chi energy through the chakras when doing SLT, for example...IS ONE WAY of taking a step in the direction UPWARDS...but beware...when using the intense Power that is possible to achieve through martial arts unwisely and unjustly - Karmic Retribution will come one's way - at some point in time.

yylee
02-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

http://www.drstandley.com/chakras_05.shtml

That's why Chinese parents always say to their kids that "if you tell lies you will lose a tooth". This is actually relates to the 5th Chakra - .... lying causes cavities.

Phenix
02-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun

This is the FIGHT that must be won over our OWN lower self....

And only then A master is born and living is meaningfull.

Life is not about endulging in power, but contribute what one has even if it is just a pice of thin bread for the poor and less fortune.

Siu Lien Tau is about raising hundreds and thousands of masters and masters who contribute to a warm spring time in human race to come....

Who never lost? Who never fair? But that is no longer important.
Because One has seen the sun rises. The forth (heart) chakra--- air, spaceous, infinite space for everyone, embrace------ compassionate.

Punch sources from the heart.
Compassionate sources from the heart chakra, it is invincible.

some dream thoughts.

wentwest
02-17-2004, 11:59 PM
"I'd rather be a pair of ragged claws scuttlling across the floors of silent seas."

Talk about alliteration! I love T.S.E.

Nick Forrer
02-18-2004, 05:50 AM
''what might have been' is an abstraction remaining a perpetual possibility only in a world of speculation'

- TS Eliot

captain
02-18-2004, 06:32 AM
"yikes,a small novel some of you written have"
-Yoda-[pre empire].

Write that book!color pics,as big as the gracie way book.individual interviews.no drawings from rene.[just
kidding,pal].glossy page finish.it CAN be done.

Russell

Phenix
02-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by captain
"yikes,a small novel some of you written have"
-Yoda-[pre empire].

Write that book!color pics,as big as the gracie way book.individual interviews.no drawings from rene.[just
kidding,pal].glossy page finish.it CAN be done.

Russell

You need a holographic (sp) technology to illustrate the content...

let me make an illustration here.

Say you are going to relax and train your internal organs and energy or chakras or kundalini.... So, you read book and books about qigong.... sound.. ki-ai.....kundalini

so one makes sound , blow out breath to relax, detox the internal organ.

try it , blow out the breath.. see will it cause tensing the internal organs / chest....or relax them.

Opps, that doesnt work. why?

Everything seems so right. right?

JamesHFYofAZ
02-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Stop breathing those stinky toxins into the air, man!:D

Gangsterfist
02-18-2004, 10:37 AM
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

foolinthedeck
02-18-2004, 10:40 AM
thanks everyone.
i'm impressed by the number of views and replies.
i just think phenix is funny, he makes me laugh like sesame cakes or 3 pounds of flax.
i love him, but really just what is beyond him.

this thread is not about increasing anyones ego, just finding out a little more about someone i didnt know much about in relative terms, in the absolute we're all one...

and to show some respect perhaps for those who have meritous words to say, or those who say without saying, or those who say by the gaps between their words.

eveyones entitled to any opinion on any fool (duede especially) as long as we appreciate the differences.

happy birthday hendrik!

PaulH
02-18-2004, 10:51 AM
What do you know...It's the birthday bird! Happy birthday, Phoenix! May you renew wisdom and power in the coming year.

Best wishes,
PH

Gangsterfist
02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Happy birthday!

Ernie
02-18-2004, 11:00 AM
happy b day does this mean you are reborn again:)

yuanfen
02-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Happy birthday Hendrik. I dint know that Phenix has b days,

Phenix
02-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Thank you all.

But Phenix die and alive everyday. :D

That is Wing Chun's birthday and everyone's birthday, Spring right?

-------------------------------

Reiki practice

Just for today:

Do not angry
Do not worry
Show gratitute
Be kind with all living beings
respect the parent, elderly, ancestors, teachers....

kj
02-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Hey Hendrik, I didn't know! Have a great one. :)
- kj

desertwingchun2
02-18-2004, 11:41 AM
"It seems most HFY guys do not like him."- Bob8

I don't speak for most HFY guys and it's not about like or dislike. The fact is Hendrick has and does and most likely will continue to insult many in the Wing Chun community.

Hendrick Claims:
"We now know WCK share White Crane Wing Chun of Fujian's DNA. Tan Sau is the water shape."
And Hendrick says:
"The Yik Kam SLT of Cho family is a combination of White Crane and Emei 12 Zhuang's DNA."

His Yik Kam White Crane Wing Chun has nothing to do with Wing Chun that comes from any other member aboard the Red Boats.

To claim Tan sao is water shape from white crane is to insult Wing Chun ancestors Wong Wah Bo, Leung Yi Tai and thier legacy!

-David

Jim Roselando
02-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Happy B-Day Hendrik!

David,

To claim Tan sao is water shape from white crane is to insult Wing Chun ancestors Wong Wah Bo, Leung Yi Tai and thier legacy!

Well, since ALL wc lineage (expect those who think only the dead ancestors know the truth) have Snake/Crane as part of their history, I do not think it really insults any of us who share that history. As a matter of fact I think it is very good to see connections to the roots we (those of us who share the snake/crane history) claim. So, the only people who are insulted are the ones who believe something else.

"""See attached foto to take a look at some Zong He White Crane from Fukien. What does it look like?"""

I also think its a great (or worst) insult to Wong Wah Bo and other Red Boat ancestors to say they learned a waterred down version.

Lets stop the bickering and discuss technical stuff. We all believe what we want and a discussion board is the place to chat about and debate our views.

Its really getting old/boring.

reneritchie
02-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Hendrik, Wo Zhu Ni Sheng Ri Hao!

FWIW- Andreas specifically asked that no-one (not Hendrik, not the VTM/HFY folks, no one) use his name or the name of his art as a point of argument. It appears neither Hendrik nor some of the VTM/HFY folks respect that.

Saying WCK came from Emei & White Crane is about as insulting as saying it came from Shaolin or Wudang. It's not. Let's give the double/triple standards a rest. They're all just theories.

What is actually remarkable probably to everyone else is that Hendrik and some of the VTM/HFY people pi$$ each other off basically by acting the same way. Live and let live.

May Shaolin Fujian White Crane Emei Wudang Wild West WCK prosper...

PaulH
02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Nobody has a prior claim over your body and its mechanics except God. It is insulting to take what is freely given to you from birth and to claim that it belongs to others and that you have no right to use or name as you like it.

Regards,
PH

CarlDouglas108
02-18-2004, 01:16 PM
As always wise words from Rene Ritchie the Michael Moore of the Wing Chun World!

Regards

CD

Sam
02-18-2004, 01:25 PM
I find it funny that most of the differences you have been arguing about are things that Leung Chi Man and James Cama have been saying since the 70's. Best of luck anyway. Sam

John Weiland
02-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Hendrik. Does this make you a fellow Aquarian?

Thanks for all the fish.

Regards,

Phenix
02-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by John Weiland
Happy Birthday, Hendrik. Does this make you a fellow Aquarian?

Thanks for all the fish.

Regards,

John,

Every day is my birthday. and today is no different. :D

Phenix
02-18-2004, 05:07 PM
"The Yik Kam SLT of Cho family is a combination of White Crane and Emei 12 Zhuang's DNA." -----

IT is a FACTS with cross field Written record evidents support by White Crane of Fujian and Emei 12 post. Not a theory and Can't accept as a theory. FACTS are FACTS.

His Yik Kam White Crane Wing Chun has nothing to do with Wing Chun that comes from any other member aboard the Red Boats. ------

IT is called Ban Jong Wing Chun or the Wing Chun from the RED BOAT opera, past down from the Fa Tan Yik Kam not White Crane Wing Chun.

Fa Tan Yik Kam was a traceable Actor from the Red Boat from different source. Ban Jong Wing Chun can be traced up to Red Boat person to person for past hunderd of years.

I hope presenting FACTS in our era is not a sin.

taltos
02-18-2004, 05:40 PM
"The Yik Kam SLT of Cho family is a combination of White Crane and Emei 12 Zhuang's DNA." -----

IT is a FACTS with cross field Written record evidents support by White Crane of Fujian and Emei 12 post. Not a theory and Can't accept as a theory. FACTS are FACTS.

Calm down. First, he quoted you, so the source was clear, and second NOWHERE did he say whether it was a fact or a theory.

IT is called Ban Jong Wing Chun or the Wing Chun from the RED BOAT opera

OK. So is Hung Suen Wing Chun and Hung Suen Hei Ban Wing Chun. FWIW, EVERYONE on the Red Boat had a different version of WC: THEIRS.

I hope presenting FACTS in our era is not a sin.

Me, too. And no one said or implied otherwise.

PLEASE, let's move past this. There's nothing good to be gained from it.

-Levi

Phenix
02-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by taltos

PLEASE, let's move past this. There's nothing good to be gained from it.

-Levi

Levi,

It is a presentation of facts. Nothing more nothing less.

captain
02-19-2004, 07:11 AM
listen,stop waiting for series 15 of Enterprise,and get that book going.if you don't,i shall assume youre all so racked with ambition and jealousy,you cant work/share with others.wing chun has been responsible for some of the worst books available [not talking about rene's renderings/drawings],it's time a good,big book was produced.

yuanfen
02-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Captain sez:

it's time a good,big book was produced.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Why? No good deed goes unpunished!

Phenix
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
Captain sez:

it's time a good,big book was produced.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Why? No good deed goes unpunished!

Hahaha thats true Joy.

I always pay big time for good deed.
God must be owe me big time if I want to collect the interest. :D

CarlDouglas108
02-20-2004, 07:35 AM

Hahaha thats true Joy.

I always pay big time for good deed.
God must be owe me big time if I want to collect the interest. :D

Does that mean *you* have a release date for your book?

Regards

CD

yuanfen
02-20-2004, 10:34 AM
In a way Hendrik's better posts on Fujian white crane, emei 12 zhang, and his pov on wing chun specially his style and related matters is already a ms that could stand editing and tidying up.