PDA

View Full Version : heavy clubs - what's the big deal?

Shinobi22
02-16-2004, 11:03 PM
I'd like the help of the board experts here on my first post. I at first triedposting this over on Sonnon's forum at rmax.tv, but I didn't receive a satisfactory reply.

Heere's Sonnon with his "clubBELL" on his latest crap-zine:
http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/images/bruiserswipe.avi
So this guy can swing a 45lbs club. So what? I can bench on a good day 305lbs. Whats the big frickin deal?

Is this **** legit or is it just some composite of rehashed pseduoscientific spin?Ive heard about him wrestling, but I dont give a **** if he's a world sombo champ. It's just wrestling and there's absolutely no way anyone could argue that fact.

So for the records dont get huffy. I'm not a troll, but I call it like I see it. So who here has actually seen Scott fight and who here has actually fought him? If he can't fight, then in my opinion it's all
just smoke and mirrors and his heavy clubBELL swinging is just tricks for kids

JP

Ford Prefect
02-17-2004, 08:41 AM
You say you're not a troll, yet you write your post like a upset little girl who just had her lolly-pop stolen by the big mean man.

I can bench 305 lbs too. Woop-dee-doo. The thing I can't do is swing 45 lbs clubs like that though. I can't do 1,000 reps of hindu squats either, and I'm sure there are plenty of things that people on here can do that I can't. What's the deal? It doesn't mean anything really.

This is a conditioning forum, so if you are one of those guys that has his panties in a bunch over Scott's supposed record, then take it some place else. Club swinging has it's place in any well-rounded strength program because it trains you in ways regular weight lifting doesn't and you can do lifts with them that you can't do with a barbell or dumbbell.

Pavel isn't a champ fighter, yet many fighters use his methods of conditioning...

The guys that invented the olympic and power lifts weren't champ fighters, yet many fighter's use their methods...

Same for most things fighters use to get strong. You have anything serious to ask?

Suntzu
02-17-2004, 09:10 AM
didn't we do this already......