PDA

View Full Version : Bio

azwingchun
02-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Not to steal foolinthedeck's idea, but I actually found it interesting to read a little about Phenix's background. He kinda becomes more of a person now (not meant to be a shot at you Phenix). LOL!!!! I would like to see more on everyone to be honest, again I find this interesting. You know...what's your martial or combat background is and what was the turning point into Wing Chun. ;)

PaulH
02-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Ironically I find this most interesting turning point that you mention only in fantasy:

[The Ringwraith riding the Fell Beast approaches. Frodo is about to put on the Ring when Sam runs up and tackles him. Faramir shoots the Ringwraith's steed with his bow. The hobbits roll down the stairs, Sam landing on Frodo who rolls over and draws his sword preparing to kill Sam.]
Sam:
It’s me. It’s your Sam. Don’t you know your Sam?

[Frodo comes to his senses and drops Sting.]
Frodo:
I can’t do this, Sam.
Sam:
I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.

[At Helm's Deep, Aragorn and Éowyn embrace as Rohan, with the help of the Rohirrim, is victorious.]
Sam:
But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

[The sun shines on Isengard, as Merry, Pippin, and the Ents celebrate victory.]
Sam:
Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo:
What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam:
[He helps Frodo up and says:]
That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.
[Frodo looks at Sam, a tear in his eye, and as the camera moves to Gollum, we see that even he is moved by Sam's words, for a confused sadness comes into his face.]

[We see Faramir watching them from a distance, and he walks slowly towards the two Hobbits. They turn around, half fearful, but he faces Frodo sympathetically, and lowers himself onto his knees.]

Faramir:
I think at last... we understand one another, Frodo Baggins.

foolinthedeck
02-18-2004, 10:49 AM
huh?

azwingchun
02-18-2004, 08:23 PM
I second that!

kj
02-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Combining his exceptional "listening" skills and literary talents, Paul once again nails our all-too-human dilemma.

Regards,
- kj

PaulH
02-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Gentlemen,

I play the pipe but you won't dance! Oh well! Must be a wrong tune! I made mistakes on too many occasions!

You made me blushed, Kathy! I'm not a good listener at all, and my English skills are quite poor as you can see from my many grammar and punctuation mistakes. I'm learning though. For instance, I once thought that it is correct to write:

Woman without her man is nothing!

Now I know better by listening that it really ought to be:

Woman: without her, man is nothing!

How punctuation marks the fundamental things of life as time goes by! Ha! Ha!

Regards,
PH

yuanfen
02-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Paul H sez:

Woman without her man is nothing!

((Cant get tunes outta my head---
one starts off-when you rolla silver dollar-it rolls because its round---etc -sings of a man without a woman is like.. a boat without a rudder ...and then ends--
ther is only one thing worse in the universe
Thats a woman without a man...))

Now I know better by listening that it really ought to be:

Woman: without her, man is nothing

((Classic male version (Sinatra singing)- "Someone to Watch over me".))

PaulH
02-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Joy,

Your memory lanes are wider than mine! Thanks for the fine lyrics!

Regards,
PH