PDA

View Full Version : Martial art training software?

Gangsterfist
02-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Being as productive as I am at work I found this on the net.

http://www.macdojang.com/

I am downloading it now to see actually how it works, I bet its gonna be funny.

norther practitioner
02-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Let us know how it is.:D

Gangsterfist
02-18-2004, 04:27 PM
the windows OS link is busted I will have to download it on my mac at home....

Gangsterfist
02-18-2004, 06:15 PM
its extremely basic and funny. However, the application itself is kinda cool. If someone were to use the same format and go into more depth it could possibly be a good training and reference tool.

PHILBERT
02-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Wing Chun and Mantis demo (http://shao.cfw2.com/page.asp?content_id=976)

The thing got some bad reviews on Amazon.com (not counting the one by the "producer" of another company that makes videos). I've seen both and can judge the Wing Chun as being basic and not that good.

Gangsterfist
02-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I got that DVD set Augustine Fong put out for wing chun. Its pretty good, except they just slapped the video on DVD with no menus or chapters which is kind of annoying. However the visuals are good and Master Fong IMO is a pretty good source to learn from.

However, learning from a real live sifu is what I truely recomend as I bet everyone else on this forum does as well.

IronFist
02-19-2004, 01:17 AM
^ Really? I had a couple of Fong's videos but I sold them because I didn't think they were that good as far as instruction went.

No offence to him or any students. I'm not saying he's not good at Wing Chun, I'm just saying I've seen much better videos in terms of instruction.

Gangsterfist
02-19-2004, 08:25 AM
I guess you could say that Fong's DVD was the closest to my lineage as I could find. A lot of other DVDs and VHS I have seen are not close to my lineage and do their forms differently.

IronFist
02-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Yeah. I suppose his videos would benefit someone more if they already had a WC background when they got them, which I did not. :D