PDA

View Full Version : Tienchi Ginseng

ope
03-22-2001, 06:59 AM
Anyone know about Tienchi Ginseng? i hear its alot better for you then korean and other types of ginseng..

Fish of Fury
03-22-2001, 08:43 AM
tien chi ginseng (Panax notoginseng) is often used as a "heart tonic",and is good to stop bleeding, but also gets rid of congealed blood, swelling bruising etc. (seems contradictory but there you have it)
may also help reduce cholesterol, and may have some of the anabolic effects of korean ginseng

korean is good for short term use, strength etc.(also increases protien synthesis)
siberian (Eleutherococcus senticosus) is better for longer term increased stamina etc.
indian ginseng (Withania somniferum) is more relaxing, and can enhance general energy levels/feeling of wellbeing but also help you get good sleep, de stress etc.

best not to take any Ginsengs if you have an acute infection eg. colds and 'flu (it may actually stimulate you AND the bug infecting you, so the infection MAY get worse)

_________________________"I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton