PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun in NYC Chinatown?

rfbrown3
02-19-2004, 08:17 PM
I have friend who may be going to NYC for a couple of weeks, and he practices Wing Chun and so therefore I am asking for him, if anyone here has any info on Wing Chun in NYC Chinatown? Also best restaurants? :p

Thanks,

RFB

jo
02-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Moy Yat on East Broadway.

International
Headquarters
Chinatown
45 E. Broadway
Manhattan, NY 10002
(212) 964-2306

Sihing Tom
02-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Best Restaurants

For simple Cantonese fare, go to Dai Wong (Big Wong's)
on Mott Street between Canal and Bayard Streets. Or to the legendary New York Noodeltown, on Bowery, corner of Bayard.

For dim sum, I recommend Ping's on Mott Street, towards Park Row. One of the best in New York City. Their dinner dishes is excellent also.

Or you can head north on Mulberry Street, pass Canal Street to Little Italy. Further north are some hip lounges in Nolita and Soho.

Bon Appetit!!

Ultimatewingchun
02-20-2004, 10:21 AM
My school is located literally 5 minutes away from chinatown - on the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges...in fact -I'm almost directly underneath the Manhattan bridge. Easily accessible by subway or car.

My email address is: wingchun@usa.com

rfbrown3
02-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will pass all the information on to my friend. Unfortunately he is not much of an Internet junkie, so I will have to print it out for him and mail it to him via snail mail.

I believe he is planning on being in NYC sometime towards the end of March for a couple of weeks.

jo
02-22-2004, 07:15 PM
If your boy reaches out, he can make a lot of good friends in NYC.