PDA

View Full Version : ******!

Water Dragon
02-20-2004, 08:12 AM
My back's been sore for the past few days. Now I'm walking around and I'm starting to get a jolt shooting down my leg. Friggin' Sciatica acting up again and my acupuncturist is in New York now. :(

ShaolinTiger00
02-20-2004, 08:19 AM
I feel ya bro.

3 months ago I was rolling with a bjj white belt, a huge beast of a kid (plays offensive tackle for a Div II midwest school) and he got seriously overzealous with a neck crank.
I've never been the same since and it's only getting worse. Its starting to radiate down my arms.. I'm seeing a neurologist next week.

Train safely. Hope you recover.

Gangsterfist
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Have you tried any qigong massage or stretching? Pain is sometimes caused by chi building up in certain areas and not being able to flow.

Also you can apply some jow (or even tiger balm) to help make sore areas feel better.

Hope you feel better

-GFist

Water Dragon
02-20-2004, 11:58 AM
I do stretch, but it's not a 'chi' injury. I have a loose disc in the small of my back from an injury I got when I was 17. Every now and then, the disc will slip just a little and a nerve gets poinched between the two. What I need is either I chiroprctor to realign my spine or an acupuncturist to loosen my spine up enpough for the nerve toslip back out.

It's one of those chronic things that I know is coming already. Sevenstar knows what I'm talking about. He was there the last time this happened.

backbreaker
02-20-2004, 12:00 PM
I have something kind of like that, sometimes I'll move and have a jolt of pain shoot up my spine at the bottom of the left side. I find the best thing for me is Taiji and qigong to stabilize, lengthen, and strengthen the lower spine, that takes consistent practice though

Gangsterfist
02-20-2004, 12:01 PM
ouch man sounds like that is no fun at all.

I just mentioned that because my sihing has some knee problems. Something to do with broken cartalidge I am not sure of the specifics. A friend of his did the Mr. Miogi thing (qigong massage) and it really helped his knee heal up. Of course he had to go through therapy and all that jazz still but he claims it advanced his healing ten fold along with the therapy.

Shaolinlueb
02-20-2004, 12:47 PM
my dad had a sanobial (sp?) cist on his spine that was a half dollar size and they removed bone and muscle. he now ahs failed back syndrome. thye opened him up cause his nerves were getting pinched and they thought he had a small tumor. it sucks.

SevenStar
02-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Sorry to hear that...

you need to get to the chiro, bro.

Royal Dragon
02-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Every now and then, the disc will slip just a little and a nerve gets poinched between the two. What I need is either I chiroprctor to realign my spine or an acupuncturist to loosen my spine up enpough for the nerve toslip back out.

Reply]
Dude, come see me, I have what you need to fix it yourself with no one's help.

SevenStar
02-25-2004, 11:34 PM
ttt for an update from dub d.

Water Dragon
02-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Somehow I worked the nerve out from between my discs. I feel great! (except for my still-broken toe)

norther practitioner
02-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Dude, come see me, I have what you need to fix it yourself with no one's help. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you do :D

Somehow I worked the nerve out from between my discs. I feel great!

Nice.. good stuff.:D

(except for my still-broken toe)

Ouch.. /knocking on wood/
I haven't had one of those in a grip.

stimulant
02-26-2004, 09:17 AM
since I started doing my new stretching routine (really concentrating on lower back and stretching out the spine) I've ha dno back pains or problems whatsoever....

Royal Dragon
02-26-2004, 04:47 PM
norther practitioner,

What's with the :rolleyes:
I seriously have some great routines for what ail's the man.

norther practitioner
02-26-2004, 05:25 PM
For the sarcastic effect.

Royal Dragon
02-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh, Ok

rogue
02-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Take care WD, I dropped a bunch of excess techniques because they'd throw my back out.

Water Dragon
02-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Take care WD, I dropped a bunch of excess techniques because they'd throw my back out.

Yeah, but I do Shuai Chiao and BJJ, so I'm kinda fukked there, ain't I? :p

SevenStar
02-27-2004, 02:48 AM
yeah, he's pretty much arsed out on that one.

David Jamieson
02-27-2004, 06:39 AM
if you have an injury, take time off. The body will heal. To continue exercising to ease an injury isn't exactly the best thing to do.

Theraputic exercises are for rebuilding an area that has suffered damage and is now ready to be corrected.

Do not continue while injured. You will only agrivate the injury and it will stay.

Take time off. Then do theraputic exericise until you are ready to return to your regular regimen. Then be mindful of the fact that you have a weakness and that you should be careful with it and try to build it gradually so you don't continue to encounter the same injury.

cheers