PDA

View Full Version : web hosting help

Ernie
02-20-2004, 09:03 AM
hey guys
i'm attempting to build my first web site my goal is to have video clips but also set up a forum were we can all upload video clips to share and discuss , like a clip of the week/month were you can upload a counter clip to show different views

figured a picture is worth 1000 confused post online:)
so i'm looking for cheap hosting that will support video
by cheap i'm talking under 5 bucks a month

now don't get your hopes up , i have no experience doing this and it might be more then i can handle but i figured it's worth a shot

plus i have to put my site up anyway so if i can contribute something back to all the nuts on this forum that keep me thinking it would be a good thing

thanks ernie
p.s. you can email me at mindzi@pacbell.net

Gangsterfist
02-20-2004, 10:18 AM
You might as well get your own domain and hosting services through the same people.

network solutions is one.

You can get like several hundred megs (up to several gigs) of webspace, have them host it, and your own domain for like 100 bucks per a year. I will have to look into whats good and whats not, I will chat with my web development buddies and see what they suggset.

Ernie
02-20-2004, 11:53 AM
thank's
i won't get into it if it eats up alot of my time , i tend to get obsessive about things , if it's not that hard and things click cool if i start losing sleep over it then i'm out ha ha only one obsession at a time:)

KenWingJitsu
02-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Help the man out so we can see some good ISH!!!!!!

Zhuge Liang
02-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey Ernie,

I had a similar idea a while back. In fact, I designed the entire site on paper and came up with a prototype website in html while I was vacationing in Rarotonga. Sadly, between work, martial arts, and my gf, I have almost no free time. Hopefully, you'll be luckier with your attempt.

Alan

Ernie
02-20-2004, 03:30 PM
you ahead of me , i got the roufh draft for my personal site up on a free site just to check it out and make adjustments
i am trying to figure out how to ad video on now , the video is uploaded but i don't know how to attach it to a page ,
fun fun fun :D
i'm in your boat my chick will through my pc out soon , luckily i'm doing all this while i'm supposed to be at work ha ha