PDA

View Full Version : If you got a Hip Hop scene...

CaptinPickAxe
02-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Then don't be afraid to promote! If you can help us book shows in your hometown then we'll buy you drinks, give you some cash, and introduce you to some of the "band aides";) . Empathy, L1, and I are trying to go on a tour of the states (maybe europe?) sometime soon, but need some help booking venues. As soon as I get the tracks posted, I'll let ya'll know. I trust no one more than my ORA rydas. Ya'll have nothing but exhibit the spirit of hip hop with the Battle Thread and Fav. Hip Hop Lyrics. Your help will not go unnoticed.

norther practitioner
02-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Let me know when y'all can make it up here. I've helped promote a few hip-hop nights, and we just had a show that had tagging, dging, and mcing (featuring a whole set from a local group).. our next one will have b-boying instead of tagging.

Kristoffer
02-22-2004, 02:23 AM
there's tons of festivals in my country where they invite underground artists like atmosphere etc. if u get some solid tracks out u could get invited, meaning they'd buy you tickets to get here. if u have some tracks later on i can help push u forward.

CaptinPickAxe
02-22-2004, 02:13 PM
tight...

I do a little graf art myself, but only as a hobbie. We have everything covered, 3 emcees, 2 techniques, 1 DJ, 1 producer, and a gaggle of talent. I really wish I could post the song, but I refuse to break it down into smaller pieces...it takes away from it. So I'll e-mail it to someone or make a new track. I will post the skeleton of our next track. Its just a beat and some horns, but its funky as hell. We're gonna put some nice funk bass to it and add some scratching. Not to mention the lyrical talent of my boy James (Empathy).

"Rejuvination"
www.soundclick.com/sifubeats

Ya'll's help is greatly appreciated, and I promise you cats will be the first to hear anything we make.

CaptinPickAxe
02-22-2004, 03:08 PM
I figured it out. PM me with shipping info and I'll send whoever wants one a demo. We're working on 2 more tracks and the rest of the trilogy. so all in all its about 5 tracks, but more are on the way.

When is your next show, NP? We can probably make it no matter when. Our job is music and wherever its wanted we'll go.

Vash
02-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Hey, CPA, whenever I download the last two tracks you put up, it's not an MP3 file. It won't play on my end.

Is this an error on my side, or soundclick?

Vash
02-22-2004, 04:06 PM
BTW, it's probably not the kind of venue you're into, but I'll talk to the guys on the student activities board at my college, see if y'all could play here.

CaptinPickAxe
02-22-2004, 07:18 PM
hmm? It must be soundclick. I'll try posting it again.

We'll play anywhere. We just want to spread our music, take in some sites, and meet the locals. Hell, if your throwing a crunk ass house party that would be good enough. We just need local contacts to help us get some venues to play at. BTW I'm trying going to send you Nosferatu, Vash. I need your e-mail address again.

I've been quite busy with my music. I've been meeting up with my partners in crime at least 4 times a week. 2 being studio nights. I'm very honored to be doing this with these great musicians, and everytime I talk about music with them I get very excited. These guys are well on their way and have been kind enough to give me the chance to go with them. At tonights meeting we discussed a syllubus for the next few months. Here are some of the upcoming tracks and ideas circulating:
-"Lycanthropy"
-"Van Helsing"
- a dance hall track
- a funny track
- a Kung Fu track
- a DJ showcase track
- and a "mainstream" track:o

Vash
02-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Cool, I'll try to get a word with the board sometime this week.

The email is shodan_v2.0@lycos.com . I appreciate it.

CaptinPickAxe
02-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Okay...I'm through trying to e-mail the track. Anyone who wants it, I'll fedex it to them. I tried e-mailing it to you last night vash, woke up this morning and it was at 99%. An hour later it said that the mailing co. said it couldn't send it. 13 hours! 13 ****in' hours! It could of been on your doorstep waiting for you if I had sent it snail mail (irony?).

Anyone who wants it PM me with shipping info.

CaptinPickAxe
02-24-2004, 02:04 PM
TTT for NP.

I'm gonna work on getting you a demo by the end of this week. That goes for everyone else as well.

Vash
02-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Cool, man. Looking forward to it, but no hurry.

Kristoffer
02-27-2004, 02:30 AM
yo Cap, your crew got a name?

CaptinPickAxe
02-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Nag Champians

like the incense...but a champion.

norther practitioner
02-27-2004, 03:17 PM
I like the name

don't mean to double this up, but did you send that out yet?

norther practitioner
02-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Can anyone email me that, if not, I'll try to download it at my girls tonight... I can't do it here at work.

CaptinPickAxe
02-27-2004, 03:21 PM
check the brink...

SevenStar
03-19-2004, 02:08 PM
I've got a website I can post some tracks on - I was slackin and let the da mn domain expire, but I renewed, so once they re-activate it, I'll let ya know.

CaptinPickAxe
03-19-2004, 02:35 PM
excellent!

check out my new track @ www.soundclick.com/sifubeats

its called "Om".

quiet man
03-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Exactly what kind of help do you need, CPA? Some contact info, or what? That's not really my area of expertise, but I'm more than willing to help (and I may know some people who know some people); our hip-hop scene is rather large and always hungry for new visitors (even as I'm writing this, Raekwon the Chef /ex Wu-Tang/ is performing in one of our clubs).

Kristoffer
03-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Europe gigs... commin up

CaptinPickAxe
03-19-2004, 03:27 PM
I'd like to just get some help with promotion. Just Download my Tracks, burn it to CD, and show your friends. Hell, burn 'em a copy if they want one. Maybe, they might have friends in the right places and might want to book us for a show. Basically, my theory is this:

Give one person a CD, he shows ten people it. 2 friends ask for a copy... etc. etc. etc.

If I can't play shows then I'd just like for people to enjoy my music. Thats what its all about.

EDIT: I just made all of my MP3s free downloads, so hurry up and burn it to a CD

quiet man
03-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Download? Yeahhh, about that... got any other solutions for us 56K guys? :D

CaptinPickAxe
03-19-2004, 03:36 PM
I wish I could help, but I think I know someone who can...

My ORA Riders! Lend me your ears! If you've downloaded my tracks, could you do me a favor and e-mail them to good ol' quietman...He's about to post his e-mail addy or he'll PM it to you (right?) Just make it a point to post it if you have my music...

thank you for your time and effort.

Kristoffer
03-20-2004, 02:40 AM
put em to mp3 n keep em like that, you always up when I sleep so I always miss the chance to take them. I'll burn them down when I have all.. I can even do some copies and hand out to ppl

Kristoffer
03-20-2004, 02:47 AM
bah.. stupid soundclick fake mp3 ***** ass files

CaptinPickAxe
03-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Is it not working?
I just made it so everything is downloadable to MP3 format. Soundclick wouldn't let me on yesterday.

stupid soundclick

Kristoffer
03-21-2004, 04:44 AM
mebbe they use a different format... This confuse me, it says I gotta be a member to download em.

CaptinPickAxe
03-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Quiet & Kris:

Hey, Vash just got all my tracks drop him a PM and I'm sure he'll e-mail them to you. Soundclick has free memberships, but its still shady that you have to join to download.

Vash
03-21-2004, 03:55 PM
My current E-Mail:

cstephens_oma@lycos.com

Anyone wants CPAs tracks, just drop me a line.

CaptinPickAxe
03-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Vash is a scholar and a gentleman...cheers, mate.

Chang Style Novice
03-21-2004, 10:02 PM
soundclick says they sent me an activation code but I haven't recieved it yet.

Fu(kers.

CaptinPickAxe
03-22-2004, 06:47 AM
yeah, they're slack-jawed like that...*******s

Chang Style Novice
03-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Bulletproof Lawnchairs=band name

edit - I posted this in the wrong thread. But if Nag Champions doesn't work out, feel free to use it.

CaptinPickAxe
03-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Bulletproof Lawnchairs :D :D :D

It has a Militant/Hippy feel...definitly going to be a song name.

Chang Style Novice
03-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Downloaded and burned.

Nice work - more comments later.

CaptinPickAxe
03-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Dang, CSN. Are you writting up an editor's review on it or what? I'm interested to know what you think.

norther practitioner
03-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Dude, I never got that CD

CaptinPickAxe
03-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Are you serious?!? That means I'm out $10...:(

I'll send another...

or you can check out my website...although it fu(ks people on downloading my tracks.

I'm burning another promo as we speak...

norther practitioner
03-23-2004, 06:17 PM
PM sent CPA

CaptinPickAxe
03-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Your Message box is full, NP

CaptinPickAxe
03-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Alright, I just burned another promo. My aunt is handling the shipping this time (seeing how I've already ****ed that up once). And should be on your door step Thursday. BTW, whats your name, man? I only know you as NP.

Preface for the CD: The burned tracks are unfinished. However, all the songs are done (lyrically & melodically). We also have a track featuring a fellow emcee who goes by the name Scully. There are 6 tracks, 5 vocal, 1 instrumental. James has a whole slew of songs and is good at flowing. If you book us, we'll bring a crew of emcees and a DJ.

Chang Style Novice
03-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Okay - first impressions:

Excellent, creative beatworks. Lots of variety in the sound, but never losing sight of what really matters: DA FUNK!

The one MC I've heard on here (forget the name) reminds my of Gift of Gab in terms of rhyme scheme - this is a good thing! Also nice to hear raps that aren't just meandering boasts. Not that I mind braggadoccio, but it's really exciting when someone you've just heard for the first time shows some depth. It's kind of rare, and always welcome.

My only criticisms are that the longer tracks could use a little more variety - let things build and recede, occassionally drop back to just one part to emphasize it a little extra, pep up the drums some (I know that good, original drum sounds are tough to come by, but I don't need to tell you how much the right drum adds to a track.) Maybe getting a pro engineer to polish things up would make the difference between **** good and mfing dope as hell.

Thanks for the free tunes, Caps! I have access to massive amounts of music in my own collection and through the UT library. If you'd like me to reciprocate with some funky yet underheard tracks, I'm more than happy to hit you off.

CaptinPickAxe
03-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Yes, I'd like to hear the unheard...

norther practitioner
03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
CPA, cleared out...:D

OH, I gave you my name a grip back...

but ah, yeah, G is fine.

CaptinPickAxe
03-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Aight, G.

Sorry, I'm a pothead and the only reason I remember my own name is because its written on all my clothing:D

nah, for real though. My bad...I'm horrible with names. Especially with folks I've never met face to face.

Good news is, I sent the Demo last night. It was $22!!! I paid for the insurance, I makin' sure this mufuka makes it there this time.

norther practitioner
03-25-2004, 10:31 AM
dahamn dude..

Anyhow, our next show is Sat....

So maybe in like 3 weeks to a month we'll have the next one... we'll figure it out.

CaptinPickAxe
03-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Word

We just want to get the **** out of Texas. Did you get it? It better be there today, or I'm gonna Hip Throw the guy at the UPS Store.

Who's playing this show? If & when we come, this'll be the roster (if its cool w/ you that is)

1.Empathy
2.Sifu Beats
3.Dj Pete
4.Scully

maybes
1.Ray C
2.Lyrics Mischievious

I could be like your Texas connect and kick some talent up your way for some gigs. All these cats have albums (including Empathy, we just wanted our sh!t on the promo) and have a lot of experience rockin' shows.

norther practitioner
03-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Everybody but sifu beats.....:D

nah, we'll see how it works out.. how much $ we can get you guys, etc...

CaptinPickAxe
03-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Dude,

For real...

We're Texan...

Just make sure there is booze and women.:D

but if you really want to pay us...:D

Besides, we just want to get our name out. The only way to do that is to play shows. We'll see how the turn out is, and if you make a good enough profit, then we might talk money.

norther practitioner
03-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Right on, booze is a definite... The babes, well, they'll be around, it is up to you to "bring 'em home"

norther practitioner
03-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Wow, Sat. night was off the chain....

We ended up having 3 hip hop groups, an mc battle, a b-boy battle, only had to kick one dude out, and drew a pretty dope crowd. I got to MC some of the events, with my boy Janne runnin' the show. CPA, Janne will be planning the next one soon, we'll let you know, I can't promise you anything now, but we should be able to get you guys in the line-up.

CaptinPickAxe
03-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Tight.

Congrats on your show. I hope we can play your show.

Kristoffer
03-29-2004, 01:41 PM
awsome, cap's found the road to celebrity

CaptinPickAxe
03-29-2004, 01:44 PM
I don't know about that. I think I'm looking in the way of a road that leads to the road of hard work...then it leads to clout.

Kristoffer
03-29-2004, 01:58 PM
clout... and lotso fun

norther practitioner
03-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Lotso work too...:D

CaptinPickAxe
03-29-2004, 02:12 PM
LOTS and LOTS of work...

but well worth it.

Kristoffer
03-30-2004, 12:57 AM