PDA

View Full Version : Hsing I vs Mantis

blackmantis
02-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Hey,

I have heard an expression "the mantis always fears hsing i", what is that all about? Any info would be apreciated,

S

Xdr4g0nx
02-22-2004, 04:07 PM
?
Never heard of that

ursa major
02-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Hsing I is CMA discipline.

It would appear some persons are trying to purvey the notion that the Mantis discipline has an unusual regard for Hsing I.

Regards,
UM.

Doug
03-04-2004, 06:20 PM
This can be found in Bruce Kumar Frantzis' The Power of internal Martial Arts: Combat Secrets of Ba Gua, Tai Chi, and Hsing-I. In one of his sections on personal martial experience with Mantis kung fu, he speaks about how "the Mantis fears Hsing-I [elbow]." It is something like that...I don't have it in front of me.

Doug M

BeiTangLang
03-05-2004, 07:07 AM
No more ""XXXX" vs. Mantis" posts please.

Doug
03-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Why do you want dialogue to stop? Is there a problem with people getting out of hand on this discussion board about comparisons with other systems? Nothing in this thread has warranted a reason to stop talking about this topic.

Doug M

BeiTangLang
03-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I do not want the dialog to stop.

The problem would be that to get an answer; the hsing-i people would be needed to give their perspective on the subject as well (IMHO). They are not here, so unless you have mantis practitioner with first-hand experience, all you will be getting out of it is speculation & hear-say. If they did come in here (this forum) to discuss it, there is a great possiblity of a flame war. This forum is all about mantis. If he wants to know what to watch out for when sparring a H-I practitioner, techniques that work well/poorly against them, etc., this forum is the perfect place.

If he wants to know about the expression, "the mantis always fears hsing i", just ask the question. I'm all about people asking questions, all I'm asking for is no more "mantis vs. other arts" titles (please!).
:)

Best wishes,
~BTL

Doug
03-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the response and clarification. I appreciate it.

Doug M

mantisben
03-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by blackmantis
Hey,

I have heard an expression "the mantis always fears hsing i", what is that all about? Any info would be apreciated,

S

I've heard this "expression" before. I can't remember where. Again, it is only an "expression". You may want to post this question on a forum that has Hsing-Yi practicioners, since the expression sounds like an expression that was started by a "Hsing Yi" practicioner.