PDA

View Full Version : 5, 10, 12, 14 day Cleansings

Daedalus
04-09-2001, 10:49 PM
I have recently heard of a way of purging the body of impurities through what is called a cleansing. From what I understand, it requires the person to fast for several days, drinking nothing but purified water, while also practicing qigong everyday. Some testimonials even claim that they have been cured of many illnesses and diseases by cleansing themselves in this manner.

I'm not sick, but I like to live as healthy as possible and feel as good as I can.

Has anyone here done one of these types of cleansing regimines or does anyone do them on a regular basis?

brucelee2
04-10-2001, 02:38 AM
I recently went a week without eating, subsisting primarily on 'lemonade'- the juice of half a lemon, warm water, maple syrup, and cayenne powder. I supplemented this with occasional shots of wheatgrass juice and psyllium husk powder with bentonite. I also had a colonic before the fast. You can read about the 'lemonade' cleansing if you do an internet search for 'master cleanse'- its published free online. Good luck.

Godzilla
04-11-2001, 01:33 AM
Cleansing the body from the inside out is important. It will help prevent sickness and ultimately allow you to live a healthier life.

Why? There are many reasons. You are what you eat. Garbage in, garbage out, etc.

I do not think it is a good idea to cleanse the body quickly. Gradually is better. It is my belief that everyone needs to develop a healthier relationship with food. Diets don’t work long term. Eating healthier foods in the right combination in association with exercise will help your body find its ideal weight. (Exercise does not have to be MA’s, it could be running, jump rope, swimming, etc.).

Some of us are a bit round and overweight. Others are thin and angular, others in between. We are made to be a certain way. But we pollute our bodies with poor quality food clogging up our intestines and colon preventing our body from absorbing nutrients. Our intestines and colon have semi-permeable membranes designed to allow nutrients from food to pass into our bloodstream. If our body cannot get the nutrients it needs, our immune system must work harder to prevent disease. When our immune system works harder than it must, it cannot handle the little things like a cold. This leaves us susceptible to bigger problems like cancer, heart disease, etc.

There are bacteria in your body keeping your digestive system healthy. When you cleanse your system rapidly, you also cleanse out the good bacteria.

If you would like to cleanse your body for health reasons, might I humbly suggest the following:

Buy a juicer or find a health food store that makes fresh juice.
Do a ‘juice fast’ one day a month. Have juice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (maybe an extra one or two for a snack).
You will begin to cleanse your colon naturally (meaning, you will go potty – I have a three year old who just got potty trained, so I have doodie on my mind).
During the rest of the week, introduce more fruits and veggies into your diet and eat healthier. Cut out soda and coffee. Don’t eat McDonalds and other fast foods. Cut down on fried food, etc. Eat more fish and eat better quality proteins. As you clean your colon don’t refill it with crap. Fill with quality.

I would not starve myself or deprive myself of vitamins.

Good luck with your cleansing.

Godzilla

Repulsive Monkey
04-13-2001, 12:08 AM
The one thing I will say about fasts is that the Sun Wen quotes very clearly that "....half a-day without food, weakens the Qi, a whole day without food, depletes the Qi...". As a common rule in Chinese Medicine, fasts are not generally a good idea. Without generating the Gu-Qi from the Stomach and Spleen from food, and without that to bond with the Zong Qi of the Lungs, the "True" Qi (Zheng) is deficient and thus fails to internally nourish organs aswell as weakens the bodies defensive (Wei-Qi) energy.

Ma_Xu_Zha
04-15-2001, 08:39 PM
i dont believe in fasting also for the reasons of you need chi in whatever you do, fasting could mean just changing your diet around some to suit a particular situation. Like vegetarianism isnt for everyone, but it can be useful if your on a meditation retreat and cleaning the body from meat toxins therefore a temporary meat fasting.