PDA

View Full Version : 20 foot backflip

One Finger Zen
02-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Nihao people. Apparently, I heard a young Leung Shum saw a follower of the Sun Da religion begin to pray. About ten minutes later, he was violently shaking. He then got up and begin to step aroung fluidly as if performing drunken monkey gungfu. He then proceeded to backflip 20 feet in the air and land in ma pu. This was in the middle of a field so it can't have been done using wires.
What do you guys think bout that?:confused:

CaptinPickAxe
02-23-2004, 03:00 PM
:rolleyes:

hokay... I think not.

Brad
02-23-2004, 08:32 PM
:D

Ego_Extrodinaire
02-24-2004, 01:36 AM
I think that incident was long ago, people have lost the knowledge to do shuch feats. I wouldn't doubt what Shum Lung says, eagle claw can crush bones, tear flesh, block arteries and dent steel.

One Finger Zen
02-24-2004, 08:28 AM
I keep an open mind so maybe it could happen. Maybe there is a secret style that teaches this kind of technique?:p it'd be cool if there was. Im also really interested about the drunken Hung kuen form- the 8 drunken immortals. i've been mesmerised ever since Drunken Master with Jackie Chan!!:D Anyone actually know any Drunken techniques?? Tell me if you do!! Leung Shum is one of the Great Masters of Eagle Claw but i won't talk 'bout EC much more-thats reserved for the Northern styles forum ;) !!

David Jamieson
02-24-2004, 01:05 PM
well maybe not "20" feet...but...

http://www.multilevelmoves.com

I have seen Joe do about 10 feet in the air I would guess.
Super height on his flips. So much so, that to me, I now refer to him as "flippy dude". :D

And he does it without praying first! Or shaking and what not.

cheers

p.s there are tutorials at the site, some that have vids that will get you started on some of these complex moves from simple kip ups to dangerous "rodeos".

One Finger Zen
02-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Cheers for that Kung Lek. As the old chinese saying goes :
' A story gets bigger by the telling'
:D

David Jamieson
02-25-2004, 09:07 AM
yes, they say that william wallace was 7 feet tall and could kill ten man with a single axe strike!

lol, and the legend continues...so to speak (carradine reference completely unintentional).

cheers

Shaolinlueb
02-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by One Finger Zen
Nihao people. Apparently, I heard a young Leung Shum saw a follower of the Sun Da religion begin to pray. About ten minutes later, he was violently shaking. He then got up and begin to step aroung fluidly as if performing drunken monkey gungfu. He then proceeded to backflip 20 feet in the air and land in ma pu. This was in the middle of a field so it can't have been done using wires.
What do you guys think bout that?:confused:

yeah i read that in his book too. i dont know what to think.