PDA

View Full Version : eagle claw people

Shaolinlueb
02-23-2004, 02:49 PM
since most people come here, is there any eagle claw people here that have studied Lau family eagle claw? whether their master is Lueng Shum, Leung Fu, or Lily, James or the other Lau's? My sifu gave me the sets of Shaolin and Long Fist and is introducing me to the eagle claw techniques and such. I saw the 5 leapords and 8 directions and i cant wait to learn them. Anyone else here study it?

Chinwoo-er
02-23-2004, 02:53 PM
I don't study the Lau's line. I took the Chang Zi Zing's line
Although we too have the 5 leapord and 8 direction ( are you talking about "8 step continuous"? )

The first 5 moves of 5 leapord is an effing nightmare.

neit
02-23-2004, 05:35 PM
oooooh eagle claw, someday i hope to learn this style.

Shaolinlueb
02-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Chinwoo-er
Although we too have the 5 leapord and 8 direction ( are you talking about "8 step continuous"? )

im sure thats the name of the 8 continuous steps. i jsut know it by 8 directions from sat night when i saw it.

BlueTravesty
02-23-2004, 07:11 PM
eagle claw people....

doodoodoodoodoodoodoo

eagle claw triiiiibe.....

Shaolinlueb
02-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Chinwoo-er

maybe same lineage? i dont know of many Yingzhao Quan styles. i just know really that one. which is a mixture of one hundred and eight techniques developed by Yue Fei and Fanzi Quan.

Chinwoo-er
02-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Thats the predominant style of eagle claw there is.
If memory is correct ( and I am not too confident with this ), Lau Fat Man's master is the kungfu brother of Chan Zi Zing. So essentially, they come from the same source. Although there are something that differs between our two lines.

To what I understand, Chan Zi Zing modified the 108 eagle hands to form the 50 roads Liangquan and the 10 road Xinquan. So in theory, the Lau's line would be teaching the original 108 hands seperately and Chan's line would be teaching the modified version that is more connected and flowing.

Since I was also taught the 108 hands, my guess is that it was taught just for preservation sakes. And I would guess that if anyone on Lau's line is taught the Liangquan and Xinquan, it would be because Lily wanted a larger arsenal to teach.

Aside from Yingjow-fanzi, I am aware that there is a southern eagle claw style too. Although I am not too familar with its specifics, all I know is that as opposed to the whole-hand grip that we use, the southern style uses just the thumb, index and middle finger. And I think it isn't used for holding either. Tearing maybe ?