PDA

View Full Version : I found NHB gloves that don't suck!!!

IronFist
02-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Hell yeah! My gloves came today. I got these:

Ultimate MMA Gloves (http://www.store.yahoo.com/karatedirect/ulmmaglov.html) $30.00

They're the exact same gloves that SGBI sells for $60, except they don't have the SBGI patch on the strap.

I had to wait a while for them to come, tho, cuz they were out of stock when I ordered. But since I had to wait so long for them to come, karate-direct threw in a free pair of bag gloves :)

I'll be trying out these gloves tomorrow in class. I'm glad I finally found some that don't suck.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions on my other thread asking about gloves. :D

MasterKiller
02-24-2004, 07:39 AM
I have a pair of those. I use them for bag work.

DeathTouch
02-24-2004, 08:04 AM
I use a pair like that for sparring but mines are all black and costed about 49.99 i feel ripped off, but next time ill try these thankz

Ren Blade
02-24-2004, 08:25 AM
I just don't like the kind that has the bar sewed into the palm part. It makes me feel like something's in the way. I'm not sure what brand mine is cause my classmate picked it up for me for $40.00. It's lasted me a good couple years of hard contact sparring so far.

truewrestler
02-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Harbinger's gloves have the bar in the palm. Just take out the bar. Get that tool for removing stitches and you are good to go.

Ren Blade
02-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Don't the ones with the bar cost more cause it's extra material? It would just be cheaper buying the ones without the bar. But then again, if someone got the gloves for you and you got the bar in them, then removing them with that tool for stitches would come in handy. I personally never got the gloves with the bar. Just seen a couple of my other classmates use a pair with the bar in the palm and I tried them out. Not too crazy for the bar.

truewrestler
02-24-2004, 10:31 AM
I got my harbinger gloves from Century with Chuck Norris's name stitched in red on the top instead of the harbinger logo. They cost half as much at $30. Those aren't available any more though

I think Harbingers were popular before there were many MMA gloves on the market.

IronFist
02-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Yes, ones with the bar in the middle suck for MMA (I think they're illegal for MMA, too).

Mine have no bar. Woohoo!

apoweyn
02-24-2004, 11:38 AM
I sincerely doubt that any glove with a metal bar in it is actually intended for sparring. That's a fistload (roll of quarters, etc.) and banned from fighting competitions. Why would anyone put it in a glove designed for sparring?

truewrestler
02-24-2004, 11:55 AM
The Harbinger BAG gloves have a plastic bar in the palm...I have always assumed for support of the clenched fist. They were not designed for MMA but I believe this type of bag glove is where MMA gloves came from... and is considered an MMA glove when the bar is removed. Harbinger might actually sell an MMA glove now for all I know

apoweyn
02-24-2004, 02:05 PM
That's more like it.

Oso
02-24-2004, 02:16 PM
http://store.titleboxing.com/title-ultimate-grappling-gloves.html

just got these

you can't really tell from the pic but they have nothing on the thumb at all. They feel pretty good on the hand though they are really stiff at the moment. I think they are constructed very well but no opinion yet on functionality.

IronFist
02-24-2004, 05:57 PM
^ I've seen those in my catalog. Did you get 1/2 finger or 3/4 finger? It should say in the description that there's no thumb, since you can't see the thumb. I hate it when you don't get a complete description of a product.

Oso
02-24-2004, 08:00 PM
3/4 finger for (hopefully) a little better protection in stick work.

I knew they were 'thumbless' before I bought em. Title had a different graphic up before.

I like them so far and the price is right. I don't recommend Title's other NHB glove. The wrist wrap on it keeps slipping.