PDA

View Full Version : kanye west

doug maverick
02-24-2004, 11:08 AM
i see alot of hip hop post here so i'll post this here,

what do you guys think of kanye west i think he's garbage maybe i'm(even though you gotta give a guy credit for rapping with his jaw wired shut)wrong?

CaptinPickAxe
02-24-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't really give him credit...if anything he should of waited to get the wires off. I seems a bit gimmiky.

Suntzu
02-24-2004, 02:54 PM
riding the 50cent wave…

ZhouJiaQuan
02-24-2004, 07:06 PM
i heard his joint with jay-z and some spoken word cat named j-ivy i think. it was hmm not crap but not good.

the spoken word part was the best, but there is better songs for that out there.

my personal favorite is still:

fisticuffs "turn my headphones up" :)

chen zhen
02-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Im not feeling any of that ****. **** kanye, hes hyping himself up to being something hes not.

Shaolindynasty
02-26-2004, 05:42 PM
I liked his cd. It was somthing different. He talks about college and working at the gap. It was refreshing to me. I'm not really sure how he is riding the 50cent wave, explain that one:rolleyes:

The mouth wired shut thing isn't that big of a deal. The person I give credit for rapping with his mouth wired shut is DMX. He got his deal a def jam by rapping with his mouth wired shut. The white guy from def jam(forgot his name) said everyone parted when X came in and he started rapping so wild that he could hear the wires poping off and breaking. Beautiful.

"fisticuffs "turn my headphones up"

I'm riiiich beyotch

doug maverick
02-27-2004, 10:27 AM
We all agree kanye is ****, and his ryhmes suck! okay just checking didn't wanna be the only one.

Kristoffer
02-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Not sure how he's 'ridin the fifty wave' either. I'm not a fan of him but his latest album is alrite. West isn't about any gangsta ****, he raps about real life issues like the school system etc. I've also heard hes tryin to bring more funk and jazz into the hip hop scene, wich I personally feel is refreshing.

Shaolindynasty
02-27-2004, 12:37 PM
I am personally a fan of harder stuff. DMX is my favorite but Kanye Brings that Chi town flavor and offeres an alternative of me when I'm done screaming and barking. Kanye isn't at the top of my list but he's decent

CaptinPickAxe
02-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I don't like the whole "I dropped out of college" bullsh!t. If he wanted to be something else he shoulda said "I got a Doctors in Neurophysics...with a GED" then I'd give him credit. I can't give credit where credit isn't due. Hes just another lackluster emcee thrust into the spot light by some made emcee who wants to make some dough offa his record sales. MTV is notorious for forcing music on people...he's one of the tools. Here's what I got to say about that.

You want to play my video? **** you, you don't get one.
You want an interview? **** you, you don't deserve one.
You want to give me a recording deal? **** you, I already got one. A deal where I don't have to sale my soul just to make a dollar. One where I can express myself regardless of the reprocussions. One where I'm not forced to pose in designer clothing because my record co. says it will boost sales. I don't need sales. I don't make my music for you. I make it for people who are tired of hearing, seeing, eating, being told the same sh!t day in and day out. We choose to shine a differnet color of light. Not the one our agent says looks best, but the one that reflect our true selves and intentions.

Kristoffer
02-28-2004, 02:57 AM
nicely put :)
I guess if I was an emcee I'd b pretty p1ssed at him too. But now I just don't gice a ****

Chang Style Novice
03-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I think he's pretty f*in' dope. Of course, if you like garbage like DMX, that just shows there's no accounting for taste.

My favorite rap albums for 2003:

Lyrics Born, Later That Day...
Little Brother, The Listening
AceyAlone, Love and Hate
King Geedorah, Take Me To Your Leader
Outkast, Speakerboxxxx/The Love Below
Viktor Vaughn, Vaudeville Villain
Lifesavas, Spirit In Stone
Ugly Duckling, Taste the Secret

no special order

The new Gift of Gab looks pretty dope, too.

You'll notice a particular lack of gangsta posturing bullsh!t on this list. That's because that nonsense is boring and played out.

On another note, I downloaded "The Grey Album" and it's pretty hot as well.

norther practitioner
03-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Y'all ever listen to Cage?

'MegaPoint
03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
He's wack like 99% of the shallow Thug Doug pop rap we are inundated with. The powers that be want to take a very minor element of the Hip Hop culture (B.S. rap), dopplegang it, suck its essence dry and move on to the next morsel!

People say he's like 50 non-Cents 'cuz he used that clenched jawed, slurred technique in his debut single. What happened to his steelo when those friggin' wires came off? He is sub-mediocre at best. He gots zero skills and he sounds like an idiot. Hey, I guess most folks are dumb like your parents told you your whole life. Dummies empathize with dummies.

Listen to Dilated Peoples, Pharoah Monch and older sh it like Freestyle Fellowship, Acey-Alone on "All Balls Don't Bounce" and "The Book of Human Language", to get a sense of what real rap should/could be.

F uck that Simple Simon vocab' cats with some skill like M-n-M use. That's for dolts and little kids. Peep some Rakim all the way up to the "Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em" era. Check out the D.O.C.s seminal album and listen to the production on the "Chronic" to hear what everyone wishes they could do nowadays. The "Chronic" was the joint, but it really fu c ked shi t up as far as the diversity of Hip Hop musc was concerned. Now every imbecilic street rat, Tupac wanna-be can become famous with lots of production, hardwork, over-confidence and very little skill.

Hip Hop was about "showin' and provin", not connects and payola mafia music. Hardwork, intimidation and dik sukin' were not suppose to be measures of worth in the culture. Skills and content were the aims. Not $$$$. Diligence would only get you so far. You have all these substandard "rappers" like Jah Rule and $.50, beefin' one another. What for? They are BOTH WAAAAACK!

Biggie, Tupac and Snoop ain't got shi t on the real cats. Rap will go the way of New Wave if some Rakim like dude, or P.E. like group doesn't get popular soon. There is too many important things to talk about. Sorry you were poor and now you gots ducats and stupid females droolin' over your ugly as s! WTF!!! Talk about how you were ethnically stratified and how it's a population control scheme- god****** somein' with some substance sometimes. And not that Black Eyed Peas Boosh-it either! Use that fukin' platform right, you high voiced beyotches!

I always wished that Hip Hop, the culture, all its elements, would blow up, but not just one element- rap- not like this. Hip Hop and rap was the antithesis of this gangsta' bling-bling crap that is saturating the weak minds out there. How did the powers that be, flip the script on Hip Hop like that? The answer is the soldiers will get the last laugh!!

Oh and Missey Elliot is booty! She suks, literally and figuratively!

Have a wonderful sell-out week!

CaptinPickAxe
03-03-2004, 09:23 PM
****, CSN. You got pretty good taste in Hip Hop.

I think if you want production, you listen to Aesop Rock's "Float" Album. Blockhead is a sick mother****er. You also gotta check out anything that has Madlib's name on it. Indulge in some Kool Kieth thats produced by Dan the Automator. **** that Dr.Dre sh!t. He's small time compared to the quality of a Numark and Cut Chemist beat. Expand your horizons, Listen to Tha Blue Herb (a Japanese Hip Hop Group) and you'll find the beauty of a DJ Krush Beat. Go to france, listen to DJ Cam's jazzy interpretation of Hip Hop. Gza is nice, but ain't close to the quality of a RJD2 beat.

Chang Style Novice
03-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, keep in mind I think Timbaland is dope as hell, too, and love Missy dearly. I like Ace Rock quite a bit, although I don't think what i've heard of Block's production is quite up to the rest of the standards of the rest of the Def Jukies - but considering that includes El-P and RJ, it's still nothing to call wack. I like Ludacris a lot as well, although I haven't had to take him in large doses yet.

Thing is, all I care about is creativity and quality. Whether its classified as mainstream or underground means nothing to me.

Seriously, download the Grey Album - it's JayZ's black album vocals over a stitched up version of the Beatles' The White Album by this british cat named DJ Danger Mouse. Jay's getting off the materialism a little bit - I think that after his 'retirement' he's going to begin a new career with a different handle, maybe his real name - and talks a little bit about how much he admires Talib Kweli and Common. Aw, yeah!

I'm also really looking forward to Ceelo's new joint. That fat s.o.b. always brings it!

Chang Style Novice
03-06-2004, 01:58 PM
There's an unreleased solo album by Vast Aire called "Scissor Tongue" available on Soulseek. I'm downloading it now.

CaptinPickAxe
03-06-2004, 04:10 PM
...Vast Aire is the sh!t. Hey, CSN are you gonna check out RJD2 on 4-4-04? How about Dj Shadow on 4-22-04? I'll be at both for goddam sure.

Chang Style Novice
03-06-2004, 05:57 PM
If I can afford it. There's a lot of good shows coming, and I don't have much $$$ or time. Here's some I'm really excited about:

Tue. 03/23 l
The Pharcyde, Aceyalone at Emo's

Sun. 04/04
Def Jux tour with Murs, The Perceptionists (Mr. Lif, Akrobatik, Fakts One), C-Ray Walz, Hangar 18 at Emo's - Is this the one you meant?

Fri. 04/09
Epistrophy Arts presents The Thing with Joe McPhee (Mats Gustafsson, Ingerbrigt Haker-Flaten, Paal Nilssen-Love) at the Auditorium on Waller Creek (4100 Red River)

Thu. 04/08
Epistrophy Arts presents Peter Brotzmann Chicago Tentet at The Parish

Taken from http://www.showlistaustin.com/

And of course Southby is gonna be a fu(kin' zoo.

Kristoffer
03-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice

Fri. 04/09
Epistrophy Arts presents The Thing with Joe McPhee (Mats Gustafsson, Ingerbrigt Haker-Flaten, Paal Nilssen-Love) at the Auditorium on Waller Creek (4100 Red River)

nordic rappers? :confused:

chen zhen
03-07-2004, 07:32 AM
dr dre is very overrated as a producer. ever since he produced doggystyle, he havent done a lot of work on his own. everytime he got a new "co-producer" to work with him, his style has switched. and that has happened a lotta times. just peeb producers like Sam Sneed, Mel Man, Scott Storch, Fredwreck, you can hear their own individual style, and when dre has been producing along with them, it still hasnt sounded "dre-ish".

ill give him big props for his work in the period 1988-1995, but not any longer than that.

he isnt very original either, just listen to Roger Troutmans "California Love", and then compare it to Dre's version, you cant really tell the big difference music-wise.

chen zhen
03-07-2004, 07:39 AM
hip-hop news: it looks like crooked-i is doing his own thing now. hes not rocking the death row chain anymore either.

http://www.westcoastdynasty.com/

Chang Style Novice
03-07-2004, 09:00 AM
"Nordic rappers?"

Nah, that's some free-improv, vaguely like avant-garde jazz type stuff. I've seen McPhee and Gustafsson before, but not together. The other guys I don't know so much about. I'm actually a little more eager about the other jazzish concert, Peter Brotzmann and his Chicago Tentet. Brotzmann is the loudest, most aggressive saxophonist I've ever heard, and one of his Tentet is gonna be Ken Vandermark, who's also a major hornbellower.

Kristoffer
03-07-2004, 10:44 AM
chang - oh I see.. I like jazz, my father is a big fan of the genre so I've kinda grown up on it

chen - I wish he puts out a whole album, sooner the better!

chen zhen
03-07-2004, 01:33 PM
^theres 2 snippets on the main page, and he will be posting soon on the forum!:)

CaptinPickAxe
03-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Pharcyde?!?!?!?!?!? In Austin?!?!?!?!?!?!

Looks like I know what I'm doin' for spring break.
Do you know if its everyone or minus Fat Lip And Tre?

Chang Style Novice
03-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Couldn't say how much of the original Pharcyde will show. I'm much more interested in the Double-A, myself. For one thing, he's put out several albums in the last couple of years that don't totally suck ass.;)

Sad to say, "Plain Rap" was the most truth in advertising I've ever heard in an album title. Have they done anything at all since then?

doug maverick
03-09-2004, 09:29 AM
okay what do you guys think about jin? i thin he's a good lyricist, but his song kinda suck(i gonna teach you chinese) it sounds like some from the ruff rider camp wrought it for him. also what do you think about talib kwalee( wanna the best out in my opinion) !!!!!!!!!!!!

chen zhen
03-09-2004, 12:14 PM
jin is wack in every way possible.

Chang Style Novice
03-09-2004, 12:39 PM
My opinion of Jin is, who's Jin?

My opinion of Kweli is, I think he shoulda stayed with Hi-Tek, but he's dope anyplace I hear him. Even DJ Quik's record.

Shaolindynasty
03-09-2004, 01:26 PM
I listen to DMX because he's about the struggle between right and wrong. Anyway for those of you who like to listen to things that are more lyrically masterful. I can't wait for the new Rakim album that comes out this year, although some of you might not like it since some tracks are produced by Dre:rolleyes:

So far you hated on X, Dre, Pac, Biggie, Kanye, Jin can we hate on anybody else while we're here?:confused:

CaptinPickAxe
03-09-2004, 02:08 PM
well, since you mentioned it. I'm kinda urked by the black eye peas new song, "hey mama".

Chang Style Novice
03-09-2004, 08:26 PM
I'll go ahead and join the playa hatin' of BEP.

But if you playa hate on BDP, you probably just don't like real rap.

dwid
03-10-2004, 06:55 AM
Black Eyed Peas aren't even a hip-hop group. They're some kind of weird fusion of hip-hop and pop with the emphasis on pop.

Look at that last single "Where is the Love." That was about as hip hop as a TLC song.

chen zhen
03-11-2004, 05:09 AM
My opinion of Jin is, who's Jin?

My opinion of Kweli is, I think he shoulda stayed with Hi-Tek, but he's dope anyplace I hear him. Even DJ Quik's record.

whatcha mean "even dj quik's record"?:mad:

hes one of the most underrated producers in the music business, seriously.

chen zhen
03-11-2004, 05:45 AM
and id like to add, if yall wanna hear some CRAZY lyricists, check out people like Ras Kass, Planet Asia, Sly Boogie, Ahmed, Black Spooks, Crooked I.. all underground westcoast artists, which could stand up to popular emcees like canibus, killah priest, chino xl.. etc.

youll be surprised.

Shaolindynasty
03-11-2004, 10:25 AM
West coast?:confused: Nine out of ten west coast artists are wack. Canibus would eat them all alive

chen zhen
03-11-2004, 12:31 PM
listen to some tracks by them^

CaptinPickAxe
03-11-2004, 01:12 PM
I think west coast emcees are more of my style. I like blackalicious, lyrics born, maroons, souls of mischief, busdriver, dilated peoples, and Jurassic 5 a hell of a lot more than east coast emcees. Don't get me wrong, their are fantastic emcees from the east coast, just look at the Def Jux camp.

Chang Style Novice
03-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Canibus is a semi-decent battle rapper, that's all.

Put him against Aceyalone or Gift of Gab or Boots Riley or any number of other westside mcs with well rounded skills and he'd be a snack at best.

Chang Style Novice
03-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Chen, when I said BDP I meant Boogie Down Productions. Remember them?

Criminal minded, you been blinded
lookin for a style like mine and can't find it...

chen zhen
03-11-2004, 01:41 PM
the only real commercial artists from the west coast are snoop and dre (and to a certain degree xzibit). else the leftcoast is 100% underground, and stuff is just crazy around there. wether they be from a neighborhood in South central LA, SF, Oakland, San Diego, u can find the truest emcees & producers in hip hop there.

the eastcoast doesnt really interest me because they are too commercial. jay-z, dmx, 50, ja and others dominate the east too much.

eastcoast rap for me is people like Rakim, krs-one, talib kweli, the wu clan, mobb deep, Biggie (RIP), kool g rap, redman & crew, etc.. that is true hip-hop in its core essence right there.

south: scarface, devin the dude, a couple others are good..
else its HORRIBLE

Chang Style Novice
03-11-2004, 01:51 PM
The Dirty gets more credit than that. They may be platinum plus, but Outkast is still a great rap band, plus Cee-Lo is an innovator, and for a commercial mc, I really like Ludacris. Did you hear his verse on the "Made U Look" remix? It ends with one of my favorite punchlines of all time:

"I'm a victim of society, it's Chris the menace
With more sh!t out on the streets than evicted tenants!"

CaptinPickAxe
03-11-2004, 02:09 PM
the bay area hip hop scene is like the mecca of underground hip hop right now. So many clubs, so many ill locals, its paradise for heads. Thats where I'm headed after music school. Actually, I was thinking of moving to japan after school, its easy to make it there.

Shen Zhou
03-11-2004, 02:51 PM
the dopest / undertarated Hip Hop Artist ever.
Well Just a few We could be here all day... Some of my Favs.

1. Life Savers
2. Jay Live
3. Aceyalone
3. M.O.P (Got to have some gangsta in ya life)
4. Organize Konfusion (as a group)
5. Shabazz 3 (local cats out of dallas)
6. Strange Fruit (local cats out of Waco)
7. Krupt (dogg pound)
8. Young Bleed (believe it or not used to be on No Limit. I know me shocked as well)

Say you guys from Austin do any of you know when the record convention is coming back?

Shen Zhou

Shen Zhou
03-11-2004, 03:04 PM
This Dude is SICK to DEATH...... got Pictures with him if anyone wants to see... This dude written, freestyle, and battle rhymes make you love Hip Hop again.

Sage Francis

"I breed hard rocks to impregnate stones to grow pebbles
I throw kettles at pan-handlers n pot-smokers
sell insest to sexually repressed stockbrokers"

Since I am a DJ have to give love to

Dj Abilities
Dj Remode
Dj Sober
SO many to name...... I love hip hop

Chang Style Novice
03-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Not sure about the record convention. I think it's a twice yearly thing, but the most recent time wasn't that long ago. November maybe.

CaptinPickAxe
03-12-2004, 12:42 AM
since this is a hip hop related thread...why not do a shameless plug. Check out my **** with my boy james (a.k.a. Empathy). We got some chilled sh!t, some political sh!t, and even some "I-hate-my-father" sh!t. Plus, you get to hear all the beats by yours truely.

www.soundclick.com/sifubeats

Lemme know what ya'll think...

chen zhen
03-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Ras Kass:

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit' me
Like a gracie I choke a nigga out wit' his own gi
on me, f*ck they whole batallion
I'll chop ya head off and wear ya skull like sophmore medallions, papi
I'm the one wit da million dolla' smile and three dollars to my name
puttin black eyes in the game like mascara
Diabetic MC's must think sh1t is sweet
these venomous techniques, I leave heat
A nigga gots to have it in these streets
Bubble eyed G-S on they teams wit beats
Screamin, "I'll make ya famous,"
Write my rhymes in alien and battle niggas in sign language
Cowards make a little cheese then enlarge
artificially, like Pamela Anderson Lee's double D's, please
I'm bangin from Belize to Tel Aviv on the Red Sea
Racin' Saddam Hussein on Kawasaki jet ski's"

he is one of my fav emcees at the moment:)

Shen Zhou
03-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Soul On Ice is a Classic and his last unreleased joint is hot as well. I like his MC'ing better when he is doing his on thing rather then when he's on the commerical tip with DRE. Not a good mix. That H2O joint was garbage... But Ras Kass is on my list of top MC's.. Nature of the Threat is. Tight to Def.

"Let freedom ring with a buckshot but not just yet
We need to truly understand the nature of the threat
And a pale man walks in the threshold of darkness
Roughly 20 000 years ago the first humans evolved with
The phenotypical trait genetic recessive blue eyes blonde hair and white skin
Albinism apparently was a sin to the original man Africans
So the mutants traveled north of the equator
Called Europeans later, the first race haters
So here's the devils' alpha to the beta
Cuz history's best qualified to teach one
Quoting German philosopher Schopenhauer
"Every white man is a faded or bleached one"
Migration created further mutation
Genetic drifts, evolution through recombination
Adaptation to the climate
As the Caucus Mountain man reverted to that of a primate
Savage Neanderthals until the late Paleolithic age
That's when the Black Grimaldi man came
With the symbol of the dragon
Fire and art
Check cave paintings in France and Spain to the Venus of Willendorf"

Chang Style Novice
03-12-2004, 10:43 AM
I like Ras a lot, but his science on "Nature of the Threat" is kinda - okay, majorly - faulty. He ain't wrong to blame a post-enlightenment superiority complex for the path that leads to medern day racism, but light skin is unrelated to albinism, neanderthals were contemporaries with early **** sapiens, not a 'devolution' from them (there's no such thing as devolution), and human figures in cave paintings are dark because pigments are dark. They're also super-simplified to an almost iconic degree. Portrayals of animals from the same time are highly detailed and almost naturalistic, but the people are just silhouettes. That indicates that the animals are important to the artist, but the humans are not. It doesn't indicate anything about skintone. And the Venus of Willendorf is a caricature of fertility traits - huge hips and t!ts with negligible arms and a head covered with a basket. Seeing that it was found in Germany rather than Africa, I don't see how that implies that art and culture came from africa into Europe.

No one seriously disputes that humanity's origins were in africa, but likewise no one seriously disputes that writing and agriculture arose first in the Fertile Cresscent and later independently in several other places. Similarly, no-one seriously disputes that technological society arose in Western Europe. Different human milestones have happened in different places. All I have to say to that is so what?

Shen Zhou
03-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Rass Kass song Nature of the Threat is nothing but propaganda. No all True but not all False like good propaganda should be.

In all regards its just a song he felt he had to make for the mental health of his people (African Americans). But like you said what does it matter in the greater sceme of things. Dope MC does not make him a Dope Cultrual or Biological Anthropologist. I have been working on my Masters in Cultural Anthropology for 2 years next step PhD and I have learned more about humans then sometimes I wanted to know, but it all boils down to no one wants to now the truth we all want propaganda. It makes up sleep alot better at night.

Shen Zhou

Kristoffer
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Who gives a **** if it's westcoast or eastcoast ****? Good music has notting to do with were you live...

I'm ****ed coz Atmosphere is in town in a week or so n I probebly wont make it :mad: mother****ers

Chang Style Novice
03-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Oh, I don't care. But I think it's cool that hiphop still has some regional styles and it doesn't all sound the same. Think about it like this: you can rarely tell where a rock group is from by their sound anymore. I think that's kinda lame. I like John Lennon's Liverpool accent, Greg Allman's Alabama drawl, etc..

CaptinPickAxe
03-14-2004, 02:42 AM
Does anyone listen to Hip Hop in a different language? I listen to Japanese Hip Hop (Tha Blue Herb), French Hip Hop (TTC), and even some indian hip hop.

Kristoffer
03-14-2004, 06:43 AM
I have tons of french artists I listen too. Saïan Supa Crew is one of the best out there. Muzion is cool too. Theres the koreans: Drunken Tiger

n many more

rogue
03-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Rap and hip hop are dead, the funk is coming back.

Chang Style Novice
03-14-2004, 09:33 AM
The best foreign language hiphop I've heard has been MC Solaar and IAM de Marseille. Oh, and Control Machete.

Rogue - I truly do hope the funk comes back (FEEEEEEESHBONE!), but I seriously doubt that hiphop and rap are dying.

Kristoffer
03-15-2004, 05:41 AM
It's more likely rock will die.. that genre is full of no gooders

Chang Style Novice
03-15-2004, 09:48 AM
There's good rock(-ish) records being made. The Liars, Hella and Xinlisupreme all come to mind.

dwid
03-16-2004, 06:50 AM
There's good rock(-ish) records being made. The Liars, Hella and Xinlisupreme all come to mind.

Add to that list Queens of the Stone Age, White Stripes, Desert Sessions...

Kristoffer
03-19-2004, 01:14 PM
still... it feels like there's a bigger gap between the true talents of rock than it is in rap.

I miss RATM :(

Chang Style Novice
03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Man, I don't. In theory that was a band I really should've loved. In practice:

BORING!

I did like Zach's rapping on that track with Last Emperor and KRS1, though. If he ever follows up on that, I'd probably buy the record.

And, curiously, I've enjoyed what I've heard of Audioslave.

Kristoffer
03-21-2004, 11:09 AM
that's ****ed up man :D

hey check this track out:

Modern Man's Hustle Lyrics (Atmosphere)

[Slug]
The first time I met the devil was at a motel 6
She left hell to spend her weekends on
earth just for kicks
Sexy little *****, shorter then expected
About 5 foot 5, didn't fit
in the breast and thighs
Beautiful dark eyes, a strong stare
Large lips, soft hands and long
hair
I said I'd make you smile for the simple fact I'm good at it
I said I'd make you smile just
so I can sit and look at it

[Chorus]
I will show you all you need to know
You must hold on to
anyone that wants you
And I will love you through the simple and the struggle
But girl, you
got to understand the modern man must hustle

You must
hold on to anyone that wants you
But
girl, you got to understand the modern man must hustle

[Slug]
Who cares what Janes says?
She always spits the same spit
I'd rather kill the radio then listen to the rain hit
Little
sister needs conclusions on how she'll discover it through the pop music
Got used to the feeling
of falling, but she'll never see her following
Bouncing back and forth between the heeling
and the hollering
Riding the outer ring of your own private saturn
Thoughts scatter all
across the grey matter

Little baby doll she doesn't know what to say to ya'll
The patience
is short and of course the pride is way to tall
Break it all smash the past like it was made of
glass
Aint no other way to make it last
It hurts to watch Lucy Lues dream
I've had the pleasure
of seeing I hear her kick and scream
And when she calms down I'll turn the sound down
And put
my arms around the little lost and found and I'll tell her that..

[Chorus]
I will show you
all you need to know
You must hold on to anyone that wants you

And I will love you through the
simple and the struggle
But girl, you got to understand the modern man must hustle

I will
show you all you need to know
You must hold on to anyone that wants you
And I will love you through
the simple and the struggle
But girl, you got to understand the modern man must hustle

[Slug]
Hush
little lady don't say a word
All the rest of the village gonna know you're disturbed
And if
you let them know that you're vulnerable
Then there aint no stopping how far they open you
slow (yo yo yo)
I'm a chapter in yout text book read me like a checkbook
Mistook love at first
site for a sex look
Enough of the blind man's bluff, I wan't the good stuff
Trying to hookup
a full belly and a foot rub
The modern man's hustle I dig it, I shuffle
Feed me your troubles
and need me to cuddle (come on)
Bundle up in my mitten and coat
As cold as it gets I keep your
winter afloat
So let the snow fall, (it's cold in town)
She doesn't want to understand why
I still come around
She look at the mirror she don't see what I see
She holds no history of how
precious she be
Lay your head on my chest, speak of the stress
Kick your feet up and rest, before
we clean up the nest
I hate to see you upset it cramps the position
And if you didn't know you
better listen (you better listen)
Cause...

[Chorus]
You
must hold on to anyone that wants you
But

You
must hold on to anyone that wants you
But

CaptinPickAxe
03-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Zach is releasing a solo joint with production by El-P and Dj Shadow. There's a track on DjShadow.com on his media player.

Chang Style Novice
03-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Sounds tight - I'll look for that.

Chang Style Novice
03-22-2004, 11:03 PM
And to answer Shen Zhou from upthread:

http://www.austinrecords.com/

The convention is coming April 2-3-4.

chen zhen
03-23-2004, 12:49 PM
dont tell me ras kass aint good: (http://fileserv4.soundclick.com/fastg7%5CHiD/napoleanprofit+grindin.mp3)

norther practitioner
03-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Man, I don't. In theory that was a band I really should've loved. In practice:

BORING!

I did like Zach's rapping on that track with Last Emperor and KRS1, though. If he ever follows up on that, I'd probably buy the record.

And, curiously, I've enjoyed what I've heard of Audioslave.

I saw Rage a few times live.. good stuff, I really liked them.

At one show (rage and wu) zach and rza ended it by going freestyle back and forth... some wicked tite shiot

CaptinPickAxe
03-23-2004, 01:56 PM
I saw Rage with Gangstarr. All the fat ****s booed Gangstarr off stage so Zach was ****ed and I didn't hear any political commentary. Which in return, ****ed me off.

Chang Style Novice
03-24-2004, 10:43 PM
Anyone booing Gangstarr around me would probably catch a bad one.

Because lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

Shen Zhou
03-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Good Looking out CSN. I will be down there that week end so if ya'll are coming to the coventions let me know so we can hook.

Peace
Shen Zhou

Chang Style Novice
03-25-2004, 09:04 PM
I seriously doubt I'll make it out there, SZ - I'm spending all my money on art supplies these days.

Chang Style Novice
03-26-2004, 04:15 PM
On the downloading front, though (I know, I know...)

Murs+9th Wonder=album of the year?

or is it that

Madlib+MF DOOM=album of the year?

It's still too early to say, but d@mn, this is some hot sh!t...