PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna say...

David Jamieson
02-24-2004, 07:07 PM
kudos to Gene Ching.

I've been thinnin bout kungfu and kungfu related literary items and I woudl have to say that Gene's articles and musing are liking the most prolific out of just about any ma writer out there.

It is now at the point where stuff Gene wrote years ago is regularly plagerized and used to support other peoples points of views.

It's amazing when you really look around at just how ubiquitous your writings are. Not to mention that it's good stuff man.

So, not sucking up, cause there really isn't anything in it to be worth doing any sucking up (but thanks to gigi for the mug :D it's a new treasure) but let's raise a glass to the man who coined the term "Canton Hung Gar" and many other phrases that have woven their way into the everyday repository of general Kungfu knowledge.

I think it's time for that book you've been putting off gene, but no pressure.

cheers

rubthebuddha
02-24-2004, 10:19 PM
two words:

props.

gilgamesh
02-24-2004, 10:50 PM
RTB: that's one word.

is gene threatening to replace the mods with CSN or something? :p

seriously though, cheers to gene.

rubthebuddha
02-24-2004, 10:57 PM
as someone once had in their sigline, "i was under the impression there would be no math."

now, back to reality. if i say two words, but only list one, perhaps another word is not even needed. rather, just say the original word twice, and give gene twice the props.

blooming lotus
02-24-2004, 11:55 PM
I'll back that statement..ah..those statements...I'm not going to rave on on tell you how much the community appreciates your efforts, but big ups to you Gene..and personal thx....

love your work :p

norther practitioner
02-25-2004, 11:25 AM
I just like the everyone can read it and get something out of it, plus some meat and potatoes for the rest who actually know something. It might not be much, but it's better than nothing, like a lot of other columns.

Ray Pina
02-25-2004, 11:30 AM
I have to say thanks, but I would think all those Dead shows and published artles on mainstream bookstore racks are thanks enough:p