PDA

View Full Version : Nose

Godzilla
05-13-2001, 07:27 PM
Hi:

Sorry to bother you with this message. Debbie, my wife, asked me to ask this question.

Yesterday, Mother’s Day, Debbie, Myself, Brother and Sister-in-law, the kids and my mother-in-law went into the city for a nice lunch.

To spare you the gory details, my mother-in-law lost her nose. She fell on some metal grating, etc.

We found the piece and the plastic surgeon re-attached it. He said it may or may not ‘live’. We will know in a few days.

Here is the question: Is there anything you may know of she can ‘eat’ or ‘do’ that would assist her body in accepting her re-attached nose?

Truly, truly sorry for bringing this up, but I promised Debbie I would ask.

joedoe
05-14-2001, 01:45 AM
OMG. That sounds terrible. My sympathies for your mother in law. Hope she recovers :(

Sorry I can't help with the original question though :(

-------------------------------------
You have no chance to survive - make your time.

Mojo
05-23-2001, 01:07 AM
I guess she won't be sticking her nose in your business anymore !!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Godzilla
05-24-2001, 09:17 PM
she's in my 'business' more than ever! My wife feels so terribly bad that all she does is spend time with her and talk about her.

I understand and am dealing with the situation. I'm up 3 or 4 nights a week until 3am discussing my mother in law's nose problem.

In all my years as a martial artist i have never seen an injury like this. Bloody noses - sure. Busted lip - all the time. But having your nose chopped off, wow!

The doctors tell her not to apply anything to the 'wound' just dry guass pads held on with tape. Her nose has really dried out and changed to a black color. I would think some vitamin E or aloe or something. Unfortunately no one posted with any advice or experience (in a way that is good because then non of you have seen this - it really sucks).

The update is she may loose 80% of the graft. The plastic surgeons will make a mint off her nose.

Godzilla

premier
05-26-2001, 12:59 AM
Uh.. I'm sorry about your mother-in-law's nose. That's really freaky. But it's amazing what the plastic surgeons can do. They'll propably make her look like Liv Tyler or something.

Godzilla
05-29-2001, 10:56 PM
Margarette's scabbed nose was filed down today. it seems some 'pink' skin has begun to grow under the scab and is regenerating! only the tip is now in question of healing. looks like nature is taking its course and the nose will 'live'! unfortunately, she will reqire at least one skin graph. But the news is encouraging.

joedoe
05-30-2001, 07:06 AM
Good to hear.

-------------------------------------
You have no chance to survive - make your time.

Mojo
05-30-2001, 09:53 PM
Yeah, that's good to hear. I hope she fully recovers.