PDA

View Full Version : Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Kaitain(UK)
05-15-2001, 11:51 AM
Hi there, my wife is showing all the symptoms of IBS (stomach cramps, trapped wind, bloating after eating) - I have been to my local HerbMedic and they recommended Muxang Shunqiwan.

Is this the right stuff?

"one room, many keys"

joedoe
05-16-2001, 03:46 AM
I once showed similar symptoms, but when I went on the Liver Cleansing Diet they went away. Also managed to lose 6kg :)

-------------------------------------
You have no chance to survive - make your time.

woliveri
05-16-2001, 05:43 AM
What type of diet is a liver cleaning diet? What foods and/or practices did it entail?

thanks

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

joedoe
05-16-2001, 06:14 AM
Sorry, I should have mentioned the book. It was really big about 4-5 years ago, it is called, funnily enough, The Liver Cleansing Diet authored by Dr. Sandra Cabot.

It is a pretty simple diet that spans 8 weeks, but I was seeing benefits within 1 week. It isn't too hard to follow and it worked miracles for me.

joedoe
05-16-2001, 06:23 AM
It's a bit hard to go into the diet here, but basically the rules are to take plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, avoid certain types of meat, avoid vegetable oils if they have been heated or processed (like margarines), avoid alcohol, avoid fatty foods, and where possible take organic foods.

There are also other suggestions like not eating unless you are hungry, and drinking heaps of water.

Generally it is a pretty easy-going diet (compared to other diets I've seen anyway).

Godzilla
05-16-2001, 05:38 PM
Seriously, watch the way she speaks. Does she talk a lot while she eats? Does she go on and on and on? I know someone who has this and is going for speech training. Medicine and diet did not work. She is in her 60’s.

Good luck.

Qiman
05-28-2001, 06:10 AM
A change of diet can be very effective for IBS. Eliminate lactos and eat yogart. Whole grain breads etc... and fresh vegatables and fruit.
Although not TCM, Simethacone (Gas-X among others) does work to break up the gas.

From personal experience-this works.

Oh yea, lowering stress levels is also important.

-------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

daisy91
02-15-2017, 11:12 PM
I know that this is a very old thread but If you're still suffering from this diagnose, which is very annoy, I highly recommend you try something more helpful such as chamomile tea. Every morning, I make him a cup of chamomile tea. He enjoys the drink very much. And after 2 weeks, our family had seen the result. It worked. He can digest easier and start getting bored with fast food. I feel really thankful. My grandpa has to deal with this symptom very often. He eats lots of fast food cuz he loves it but this makes things worse. I'm very worried about him so I went online and searched for some home remedies of how to cure IBS. I linked the website, https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-irritable-bowel-syndrome/. If chamomile tea didn't work, you would come up with other ways. I hope that my reply would help you some how.