PDA

View Full Version : Beginner

dodger87
02-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi, I just started doing some breathing exercises. And i was wondering if you guys could give me some beginner exercises to train my qi that i could do without being supervised.

SPJ
03-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Qi gong are at 3 levels. There are hard and soft Qi gong.

Level 1: Wu Dang Boy (Dong Tzi) Qi Gong. You pick a place that has fresh air with some shade near a water pond. The time is early in the morning, before or after sunrise. You raise your both arms high (Tih) and inhale. You lower your arms to the level of navel area (Dan Tian) and exhale. You do it slowly. When you inhale, you elevate the Qi (O2, ATP, eneregy etc) to the top of your head (Bai Hui, hundreds union accupuncture point). When you exhale, you lower the Qi to Dan Tian, where all the Qi store.
The goal is to do 4 breaths in a min, That require some time to practice, It takes Gong Fu.

Level 2: You sit on a mattress with your legs crossed, your left palm on top of your right palm at the level of Dan Tian. You close your eyes, focus on your heart beat and breathing, You focus and try to sense to the flow of the Qi from your internal organs to the distal limbs via accupuncture meridians.

Level 3: You may mobilize your Qi and make it flow any where in your body. You have to focus to move your limbs without actually moving them.

For more info, please refer to "The treasure book of Chinese martial arts. www.1stbooks.com. There is a whole chapter on how to.

You have to find a good teacher to study.

I have many teachers before. My younger brother used to have a class to teach Tai Ji Push Hands, Qin Na, Qi Gong and Southern Tiger form.

Humbly yours;