PDA

View Full Version : Klingon vs. Samurai

sticky fingers
02-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Klingon vs. Samurai

Ok, who would win, i know you've wondered. My personal opinion, the Klingon would own the Samurai. (of course, mabye im biased cause im half-Klingon) What do u guys think?

norther practitioner
02-26-2004, 10:21 AM
I think this has gone too far, and you've stepped beyond the rediculous.

Liokault
02-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Hmmm are they the ghay first serise klingons or the cooler next gen ones?

rubthebuddha
02-26-2004, 11:08 AM
or the cooler but next gen ones? you mean the ones with a pile of **** on their foreheads?

i say samurai, because the majority of star trek fights are laden with techniques in which i clasp my hands together, fingers intertwined, then swing.

fingers can be broken in many ways, but few will break as many at once as hitting someone like star trek suggests. :rolleyes:

the old batman series had better fight scenes ... at least, until the dancing started. :(

norther practitioner
02-26-2004, 11:11 AM
ah, come on man, you can't be speaking about the bat-tuissi like that.

Liokault
02-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Hmmm not only do samrurai not have an answer to cloacking technology but they have no defense against orbit to surface beam weapons.

rubthebuddha
02-26-2004, 11:43 AM
good for them, but i've yet to see a televised klingon that could:

1. carry an entire cloaking assembly
or
2. carry an orbit-to-surface weapon

if you change the criteria to "who would win, a samurai or a bird of prey," the answer changes a little.

NP -- the whole show was crap, with one exception. one gorgeous exception with one of the best voices ever:

eartha kitt.

Liokault
02-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
good for them, but i've yet to see a televised klingon that could:

1. carry an entire cloaking assembly
or
2. carry an orbit-to-surface weapon

if you change the criteria to "who would win, a samurai or a bird of prey," the answer changes a little.

NP -- the whole show was crap, with one exception. one gorgeous exception with one of the best voices ever:

eartha kitt.

I did not see it as "changing the criteria" I saw it as plus points of the kilngon......such as space craft....being fictional etc, against the plus points of the samurai....such as being semi fictional and beliving in budo etc.

MasterKiller
02-26-2004, 01:28 PM
I've seen Klingons walking around town at the WarriorCon, but I've never seen a Samurai except in the movies; therefore, Samurais must be fake.

Chinwoo-er
02-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Ki blast vs disruptor blast.......

hard choice. :o

IronFist
02-26-2004, 01:46 PM
If the Klingon got a phaser, then he would win.

But what weapons are we talking about? A Samurai sword vs. what? A bat-leth (I know I spelled that wrong, but you know what I'm talking about)? A Klingon knife? What's the deal.

I think Klingons are stronger than humans, but they both kind of have the same attitude toward battle.

Liokault
02-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Dont klingons have 3 hearts?.....or is that doctors?

red5angel
02-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Klingon cause their knives have cool springy pokey bits.

rubthebuddha
02-26-2004, 05:54 PM
lio -- two hearts, i believe. they just have backups of most organs in case of failure. if you live an society that wields knives with springy pokey bits, it's probably good to have an extra liver. :)

IronFist
02-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Klingons have extra organs? I never knew that. Did they mention it on an episode or something? All I ever watched was Next Generation.

rubthebuddha
02-27-2004, 11:46 AM
twas on a TNG ep that it was mentioned.

worf was in a cargo bay and a big barrel fell on his back. legs no more work. he was thinking the honorable way out was death, but a guest on the show was working on some medical procedure that'd heal your spine right up. the procedure worked, but worf's main organs failed and he died. then his extra organs kicked in, and he was back to arming torpedoes in no time.

Chang Style Novice
02-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Bad Ash from "Army of Darkness" would burninate a Klingon.

rubthebuddha
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
problem is, he wasn't the one with the gun.

i guess that means good ash could burninate a bird of prey? :confused:

Liokault
02-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Ok, lets do this methodicaly.

The Last Samurai tells us that 1 short alcoholic cavalry officer can beat about 5 Samurai with a flag pole (although latter on he is unable to beat 1 samurai while on his feet with a sword).

so here we see
Tom Cruze = 5 samurai.

Now the origional stat trek tells me that william Shattner can beat only 1 kilngon.....anymore than this and he gets taken prisoner, only to be sprung by a good looking alien chik.

so here we soo that
William shattner > 1 Kilngon

Now I do not belive that anyone thinks that William Shattner could not take Tom anyday......let alone 1/5 of Tom!

rubthebuddha
02-27-2004, 02:55 PM
good logic, lio. :D

i just noticed, due to lio's misspelling of shatner's last name, that the root word of cap'n kirk's real surname is ...

shat.

Liokault
02-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Me, miss spell? neva!

Chang Style Novice
02-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Will Shatter (http://www.irscorner.com/f/images/wshatter.jpg) was the lead singer for Flipper.
William Shatner (http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/william-shatner.jpg) was Captain James T. Kirk
Learn the difference! Your life may depend on it.

Liokault
02-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Will Shatter (http://www.irscorner.com/f/images/wshatter.jpg) was the lead singer for Flipper.
William Shatner (http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/william-shatner.jpg) was Captain James T. Kirk
Learn the difference! Your life may depend on it.

Lead singer for flipper? What instrument did flipper play?

norther practitioner
02-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Liokault

Lead singer for flipper? What instrument did flipper play?

blow hole tuba

Chang Style Novice
02-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Flipper?

SEX BOMB BABY YEAH! (http://www.acidlogic.com/im_flipper.htm)

rubthebuddha
02-27-2004, 04:44 PM
sex bomb is right.

hell, if you can get lords of acid to cover you, you know you've done something right. :D

IronFist
02-27-2004, 07:20 PM
twas on a TNG ep that it was mentioned.

worf was in a cargo bay and a big barrel fell on his back. legs no more work. he was thinking the honorable way out was death, but a guest on the show was working on some medical procedure that'd heal your spine right up. the procedure worked, but worf's main organs failed and he died. then his extra organs kicked in, and he was back to arming torpedoes in no time.

I think I remember that one. Is that the one where they show the model of the Klingon spine and we see that he has an extra brain at the base of his spine?

rubthebuddha
02-27-2004, 11:22 PM
IF -- it's amazing what geeks will put up on websites. (http://ftp.se.kde.org/pub/tv+movies/pictures/StarTrek-TNG/sttng-digitized/sttng413.gif)

IronFist
02-28-2004, 01:18 AM
IF -- it's amazing what geeks will put up on websites. (http://ftp.se.kde.org/pub/tv+movies/pictures/StarTrek-TNG/sttng-digitized/sttng413.gif)

It's amazing what kind of geek I am that I remember that episode after seeing it like 10 years ago.

rubthebuddha
02-28-2004, 02:11 AM
you? a geek? never woulda crossed my mind. what, with all that cardio you do ...

:D

you know, some horses just aren't happy in the afterlife without a regular beating.

dodger87
02-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Samurai would win, because in the VERY VERY far future called "Star Wars" they stop using guns and end up using swords anyway.

Stranger
02-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Samurai would win, because in the VERY VERY far future called "Star Wars" they stop using guns and end up using swords anyway.

STAR WARS took place "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

Kristoffer
02-28-2004, 09:21 AM
you geeks ...

the samurai would win!

IronFist
02-28-2004, 11:42 AM
you? a geek? never woulda crossed my mind. what, with all that cardio you do ...

Well, I have my treadmill set up in front of my TV so I can watch Star Trek as I do my hours of cardio :D

you know, some horses just aren't happy in the afterlife without a regular beating.

You lost me on that one.

IronFist
02-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Stranger

STAR WARS took place "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

Owned!!