PDA

View Full Version : Question about some CLF books and CD's

Fu-Pow
02-26-2004, 12:29 PM
I've recently discovered some CLF books and CD's for sale on various sites. I'm wondering if you guys have seen/read them and they are worth the money. Also, do you guys know who any of these Sifu's are? Aside from Chen Yong Fa, none of them seem to ring a bell. Cheers.

Tsai Lee Fo: Chin Pao Ping Cheng Chuan (Golden Leapoard)
Author: Hui Tin Hing
http://www.bltsupplies.com//books/b80440.jpg

DRAGON
FORM FIST
Leo Chu & Francis Au
Chinese (traditional) /English
http://www.plumpub.com/images/BK_BLT/blt_dragonfist.jpg

Tsai Lee Fo
(Choy Lay Fut)
Bai Mo Fist
Hui Tin Hing & Yam Sang
90 pages with photographs softbound
http://www.plumpub.com/images/BK_KF/kf_ryuTLFbaimo.jpg

CHOY LEE FUT (Tsai Li Fo)
Demonstrator/Teacher: Chen Yong-Fa is the great-great-grandson of founder Cheung Hung and a fifth generation inheritor of the complete Choy Lee Fut system AND the LuoHan Chi Kung health system. He teaches in Sydney, Australia and promotes CLF world wide.

ChoyLee Fut Fundamentals
About 1 Hour, See Main VCD page for prices, CHINESE ONLY

ChoyLee Fut Penetrating Dragon

ChoyLee Fut Small Luo-Han

ChoyLee Fut Small Luo-Han Part 2/San Shou

ChoyLee Fut 6 Breaths Ball

ChoyLee Fut Yin Yang Sword & Saber

ChoyLee Fut Unicorn Hand

ChoyLee Fut CLF Workout

SifuX-HSK
02-26-2004, 01:13 PM
the books are from master chan kin man. his father is the late chan heung hong who i think learned from chan yiu chi.

but master chan kin man has a little fut san hung sing in his background because fong yuk shu also learned a little from hung sing master yuen hai, lau buns teacher.

my sifu met with him in hong kong. my sifu has his picture on our website.

frank

i have all those books, and the east wind book store in san francisco has them both in chinese and english.

frank

CLFNole
02-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Chan Hon Hueng (Chan Kin Man's father) learned from Fong Yuk Shu. Fong Yuk Shu was a student of Chan Koon Pak. I had never heard about him learning from Yuen Hai. Back then it seems like there was no politics involving CLF. People would learn from the Cheong Yim side and then learn from the Chan Family side or visa versa.

I know at least one of my sifu's sigung's Leung Kwai learned from Cheong Yim and Chan Koon Pak.

Don't understand why all the problems today?

Peace.

P.S. Fu-Pow the book are okay but seem to be shortened sets somewhat. Nice for one's kung fu collection has some CLF history info inside.

SifuX-HSK
02-27-2004, 12:52 PM
yuen hai at one time taught fong yuk shu, it is in the chinese translation section of his books.

master chiu siu kay, the author of that old wooden dummy book-the old mans name slips my mind right now, he as well as chan kin man both acknolwedge fong yu shu learned from hung sing master yuen hai.

and to the politics back then i think there really wasn't any drama.
it all started back in the days when both sides claimed right to the thrown.

until at least the third generation choy lee fut was still in a major developmental stage. in the bio of chan heung it is said "by the end of his life" he finally developed what he called chan choy lee fut. it took him his whole life to develop what is called chan clf.

jeong yim was no longer a student of chan heung when he opened fut san hung sing kwoon, so the hung sing branch separately developed theirs to fit their figting styles.

there are differences major ones in between all three families of clf. someone better tell the truth or our system will eventually break into 3 different styles instead of one great one.

i am ready to make that step. as long as no one tells me my history is wrong. we must come to a compromise to make this work. both side will lose out in the end if something doesn't happen quick.

anyways anytime history comes into play people fight. the truth is we are all clf and need to acknowledge each other. but that won't happen for a while right? who's going to make the first step?

frank

CLFNole
02-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Frank:

I respect your intentions, although sometimes you come off a bit harsh you live and die CLF.

Personally I choose to stay out of the politics and care more about my own kung fu and the betterment of it. I never try to use my father-in-law's name for the sake of reputation or anything, I prefer to keep a low pro and practise hard.

The only problem I have with the Jeong Yim history is that things seem to change. A long time ago you posted about Chan Hueng and Jeong Yim creating the 8 initial CLF sets (tai, ping, tien, kwok, etc...) Recently you said that Ping Kuen, Sup Gee Kow Dah and another were created by Chan Ngau Sing from a form called In and Out Baat Kwa that was taught to Jeong Yim from Ching Cho War Sherng.

History needs to be more consistent. That being said just becuase Chan Yiu Chi wrote his version history down on paper doesn't make it the end all truth either. I mean he was the grandson of Chan Hueng and how much do you or I know about the lives of our grandfathers with 100% certainty.

History is great and fun to talk about but none of us were there and there is no one left alive who was there either and therefore nothing is 100% certain and is subject to speculation. I think if people in general were more about promoting CLF and less about promoting themselves or their lineage we would be much better off as a style. Look at the problems hung gar and wing chun have had and for what, who followed Lam Sai Wing, who followed Lam Jo, which wing chun sifu was better, its all pointless and has no bearing on an individuals kung fu.

I look at kung fu like this: I have been practicing dilligently for over 10 years and my kung fu is at a fairly good level. But there is always someone better so that always motivates me to improve and work harder. If I don't get good practice in during the week and just teach I get quite grumpy becuase I do kung fu for me. I like to teach and try to help others but bottom line is kung fu is for me.

Anyway I have been rambling to long and kind of went off on a tangent.

Peace.

Serpent
02-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Frank, it seems that only you have a problem. Everybody else is quite happy with their kung fu and quite happy to live in brotherhood, knowing that all branches are CLF. It's only you that constantly harps on about how things have to change. Why do you insist on changing something that only a very few people out of thousands have an issue with? Live and let live, Frank. Get on with your kung fu, continue to teach your students your way as everyone else will with their students and the world will continue to turn.

extrajoseph
02-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by SifuX-HSK
yuen hai at one time taught fong yuk shu, it is in the chinese translation section of his books.
frank

Hi Frank,

If Lau Bun's teacher Yuan Hai who is the same Yuan Hai you talked about above who taught Fong Yuk Shu, then your lineage is not with Jeong Yim, it is with Loong Ji Choi, Chan Heung's first disciple. Yuan Hai may have studied with Jeong Yim but he was known to be a disciple of Loong instead of Jeong. Fong Yuk Shu (who also studied with Wong Fook-Wing) still have a strong base in Guangzhou, his line is very influential in the Wushu scene in southern China and your line is closer to Guangzhou than Foshan. You may have to call me Sisuk or Sisukgung after all!:D

JX

CLFNole
02-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Sisuk:

Is Wong Fook and Wong Fook-Wing the same person?
The reason I ask is that my sifu's sigungs were Leung Kwai and Wong Fook.

Peace.

extrajoseph
02-28-2004, 12:44 PM
They are two different people.

Sho
02-29-2004, 11:15 AM
The VCD collection of Return to the Origin Tour II is a very comprehensive and thoroughly compiled set of instructional videos, taken during the seminar itself. You basically become one of the participants while watching the videos. Most of the material taught is Luohan Qigong -related (all forms are taught from the beginning to the end instead of just parts of the forms). In addition to qigong, the set has a weapon form, the 'Yin & Yang Broadsword and Straight Sword' and an empty-hand form, the 'Eighteen Manners of Dragon'. Some have mentioned that the instruction (spoken English) is not clear enough to fully comprehend, but I personally didn't have any difficulties with it - the languages used are English with Chinese subtitles and a Cantonese commentator/translator, so you can follow any of the three instructional options. I would highly recommend this VCD collection to anyone interested in Choy Lay Fut - especially its internal aspects.

EDIT: Typo.

SifuX-HSK
03-08-2004, 12:21 PM
JOSEPH

you do not know about yuen hai. you are as bad as duk fai wrong about yuen hai being yuen fook.

lau bun was a direct student of yuen hai. yuen hai is well known in fut san as being the one jeong yim sent to bring chan sing back to the fut san school.

but you will have to read my book if you want to know about yuen hai. are you saying that doc fai wong is incorrect?

you have no clue but what you read joseph? all your info comes from annual magazines from various schools.

your personal clf lineage is non existant. you are full of ****. i am a real clf fighter. you are a joke. these people who are your followers are jokes as well.

if you feel you have some knowledge about yuen hai, then school me buddy?

but remember......loong gee choy IS jeong yim and you can't prove that any different. the signs are clear. yuen did learn from loong gee choy because jeong yim and loong gee choy are one and the same anyway! prove it wrong? scholar!!!!!!!!!!

go ahead, prove it wrong!!!!!

the only outsider chan heung had was loong gee choy who used that name as an alias to cover up his real name of jeong yim, the man who truly created the choy lee fut system with the help of the legendary and never proved he didn't exist- the green grass monk. jeong yim is the real founder of choy lee fut and the chan family will respect that!!!!!!!!!

joseph, you only exist on this forum. outside of this forum you are a meek little guy with a complex.

i am a die hard hung sing clf man who knows you can't prove our story wrong. you can jump up and down with veins popping out of your forehead unitl your head explodes for all i care.
jeong yim is the founder of the clf as you know it!

what now.

(this is directed to joseph no one else!

don't care what the rest of you have to say. it really means nothing. if you are not promoting our history of the hsk then you don't matter to me. like it or not.

the chan family is no way better than any clf family. it did not stop with 1 man who lied to his students about killing a tiger with his bare hands in his old age, hahahahahahahahaha!

hung sing rules

sifuX

extrajoseph
03-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Frank,

If you ever have a chance to go to Guangsi, Loong Ji-Choi's descendants are still there.

If you ever have a chance to go to Guangzhou, then look up the head of Guangdong Wu Shu, Tung Duk-Keung, and he will tell you about Yuan Hai since he came from the Fong Yuk-Shu line.

CLF has a history no more than 300 years old and China is now open up and only a few hours of plane ride away, you just can't make up things like the way you do and get away with it, so please don't make a fool of yourself, it is very painful to watch, after all you are a CLF man like the rest of us.

In front of others, you go down and we go down with you.

JX