PDA

View Full Version : need help locating a school

Shaolinlueb
02-26-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm looking for a good reputable kung fu school in springfield missouri(sp?). a friend i have out there has been wanting to learn.

I found one school there for kung fu. i dont want to post my judgements on it (because i think the people dont look good) but does anyone know about it?
Shaolin Lohan School of Kung Fu
1675 East Seminole Street, Springfield, MO 65804
(417) 882-2296
http://www.shaolinkungfu.org/

mortal
02-27-2004, 08:38 AM
With all due respect. That looks like a bull**** school. All of the stances are weak(heel off the floor).

Schools like that give kung fu a bad name.

He claims to be the only lineage holder of the lohan sytem.
I know lohan and I didn't see anything that looked like it.

Tell your friend to go find a good karate school or something.

MasterKiller
02-27-2004, 08:45 AM
What's with the 35 Chambers of sash levels?

bamboo_ leaf
02-27-2004, 09:09 AM
(because i think the people dont look good)

this is all that counts, your assessment is correct.

The key question you should ask your self is what is it that doesn’t look good.

Shaolinlueb
02-27-2004, 09:16 AM
yeah i thought the school was a joke too. i was looking at the stances and shook my head. i told my friend to never ever go there. but are there any other schools in the area? other than karate or tae kwan do.

Shaolinlueb
02-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
What's with the 35 Chambers of sash levels?

saw master killer one too many times. :o

Mutant
02-27-2004, 10:19 AM
i know of some decent schools in st. louis if he would be willing to road-trip, but have no idea about springfield...:confused:

Shaolinlueb
02-27-2004, 12:07 PM
its a she, and probably not but i will ask her.

Mutant
02-27-2004, 03:59 PM
if she would be at all interested in learning western boxing instead of oriental ma, i have am very good friends with a women who is a professional boxer. she works as a boxing trainer at a couple of gyms in missouri, one in st. charles and another somewhere out in the western part of the state, it might actually be in springfield, not sure. if youre friends interested in trying boxing shoot me an email.

norther practitioner
02-27-2004, 04:04 PM
I'll be in Eastern Kansas on the 20th.. I'll see who comes from Western Missouri...

I seem to remember someone from taiji legacy.

norther practitioner
02-27-2004, 04:14 PM
http://www.pailum.com/schools.htm

Pai lum school in Springfield..

Becca
02-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Nice find, NP! Pai Li Lung's group is one of the few orginizations Pai Lum Colorado is "friendly" with. I have never found that website in any of my searches. Thanx!:)

Shaolinlueb
02-27-2004, 09:11 PM
never heard of pai lum. is it any good?

greendragon
02-28-2004, 01:30 AM
My school may be near there, I'm not sure. I went to class and my school was gone, building and everything ! So it could be in Springfield for all I know. Or it could have been a dream.

Becca
03-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
never heard of pai lum. is it any good?
I think it is. I've also studied a style called Ninjitsu Kai, and I like Pail Lum much better. It has more depth than many styles. Like most systems, you get out of it what you put into it. The basics are fairly easy to grasp and simple to use with a little practice. If you are looking for something more complex and far reaching, it has that, too.